(LSJ) Dark Influences vs. Two Wrongs

I. M. Bur

Jun 11, 2009, 3:21:40 AM6/11/09
Hello,

A vampire bleeds my predator and is deflected to me. I play Two Wrongs
to send the bleed back to my predator. He wants to play another flick
to send the bleed to me again. Dark Influences are in play. What
happens? Or in other words, is Two Wrongs canceled by Dark Influences,
or is the second part of TW not happening when it is played and thus
is unaffected (which is my guess)?

Two Wrongs
Type: Master
Master: out-of-turn. Trifle.
Play when a minion controlled by a Methuselah other than your predator
is bleeding you. That minion is now bleeding his or her prey. The next
card that would change the target of this bleed is canceled as it is
played.

Dark Influences
Type: Master
Cost: 2 pool
Master: out-of-turn.
Cancel a minion card as it is played. No cost is paid. That card
cannot be played again for the remainder of the turn. Put this card in
play. The next card played that would cancel another Methuselah's
minion card as it is played is canceled (no cost) and this card is
burned instead.

Thanks in advance,

--
-bur

Blooded Sand

Jun 11, 2009, 4:46:34 AM6/11/09

IAMNLSJ, but I think the second flick card is going to get cancelled,
and it is also going to cause DI2 to burn.

floppyzedolfin

Jun 11, 2009, 5:00:52 AM6/11/09
On Jun 11, 9:21 am, "I. M. Bur" <bural...@gmail.com> wrote:

Two Wrongs isn't cancelled by Dark Influence :
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/0825ca61c403a1c2

John Flournoy

Jun 11, 2009, 11:23:24 AM6/11/09
> Two Wrongs isn't cancelled by Dark Influence :http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/0825...

That's not the issue - the issue isn't what happens to Two Wrongs, but
what happens to the next bounce card played when two different cards
want to cancel it (and then what happens if a third bounce card is
played after.)

-John Flournoy

D.J.

Jun 11, 2009, 11:27:58 AM6/11/09

Dark Influences won't cancel a bounce, as a bounce card doesn't
"cancel another Methuselah's minion card as it is played." I'm pretty
sure floppy was identifying the issue that was being asked about...

- D.J.

witness1

Jun 11, 2009, 11:30:20 AM6/11/09
On Jun 11, 11:23 am, John Flournoy <carne...@gmail.com> wrote:

Um. Only one card wants to cancel the bounce card (Two Wrongs). At the
time when it would cancel a bounce, Two Wrongs is not being played,
and so does not trigger the text of an in-play Dark Influences.

-witness1

LSJ

Jun 11, 2009, 11:33:41 AM6/11/09
John Flournoy wrote:
> On Jun 11, 4:00 am, floppyzedolfin <floppyzedol...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Jun 11, 9:21 am, "I. M. Bur" <bural...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> A vampire bleeds my predator and is deflected to me. I play Two Wrongs
>>> to send the bleed back to my predator. He wants to play another flick
>>> to send the bleed to me again. Dark Influences are in play. What
>>> happens? Or in other words, is Two Wrongs canceled by Dark Influences,
>>> or is the second part of TW not happening when it is played and thus
>>> is unaffected (which is my guess)?

>> Two Wrongs isn't cancelled by Dark Influence :http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/0825...

> That's not the issue - the issue isn't what happens to Two Wrongs, but
> what happens to the next bounce card played when two different cards
> want to cancel it (and then what happens if a third bounce card is
> played after.)

To clarify:

DarkInfluences in play.
Vamp A bleeds prey (Meth B).
Meth B bounces to Meth C.
C plays Two Wrongs to redirect back to B.
(Two Wrongs is not canceled by Dark Influences, and it goes in play as well)

So far, so good (that was the ruling floppy linked above)

Then on to:

Meth B plays Deflection.
The in-play Two Wrongs cancels the Deflection as the Deflection is played.
The in-play Dark Influences does not cancel this in-play Two Wrongs effect,
since it (Dark Influences) only cancels cards as they are played.

John Flournoy

Jun 11, 2009, 11:41:48 AM6/11/09
> Dark Influences won't cancel a bounce, as a bounce card doesn't
> "cancel another Methuselah's minion card as it is played."  I'm pretty
> sure floppy was identifying the issue that was being asked about...
>
> - D.J.

Yeah, brainlock on my part. Bah!

-John

cthulukitty

Jun 11, 2009, 12:19:38 PM6/11/09
LSJ wrote:
> Meth B plays Deflection.
> The in-play Two Wrongs cancels the Deflection as the Deflection is played.
> The in-play Dark Influences does not cancel this in-play Two Wrongs effect,
> since it (Dark Influences) only cancels cards as they are played.

Two Wrongs is never in play.

Jesse

LSJ

Jun 11, 2009, 1:36:48 PM6/11/09