(LSJ) Couple of Gargoyle Questions

mhi...@gmail.com

Mar 15, 2010, 4:10:50 PM3/15/10
Can Voices of the Castle (at [vis]) be used to grant intercept cross-
table?
(ie., is a Gargoyle enslaved to their controller's vampires or all
vampires of that clan?)

If control of a Grotesque changes,(via Temptation, etc.) would they
immediately be removed from game?
(assuming that the chosen location does not change control at the same
time)

Thanks,

Matt H.

Voices of the Castle [HttB:C/PGar2]
Cardtype: Reaction
Discipline: Visceratika / Thaumaturgy
[tha] This vampire burns 1 blood to get +1 intercept.
[vis]+1 intercept, or give +1 intercept to a vampire to whom this
vampire is enslaved.
[VIS] Reduce a bleed against you by 2.

Grotesque [HttB:U2]
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Gargoyle
Group: 6
Capacity: 3
Discipline: for pot vis
Camarilla. Tremere slave: Non-unique. When played, choose a location
you control not chosen for a Grotesque. Remove this Grotesque from the
game if you no longer control the location. Flight [FLIGHT].

Brum

Mar 15, 2010, 6:42:53 PM3/15/10
On Mar 15, 8:10 pm, "mong...@hotpop.com" <mhir...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can Voices of the Castle (at [vis]) be used to grant intercept cross-
> table?
> (ie., is a Gargoyle enslaved to their controller's vampires or all
> vampires of that clan?)

From the Rulebook: "Slave: Some minions are identified as slaves to a
specified clan. A slave cannot take a directed action if his
controller doesn’t control a ready member of the specified clan. Also,
if a member of the specified clan controlled by the same Methuselah is
blocked, the controller can tap the slave to cancel the combat and to
untap the acting vampire and have the slave enter combat with the
blocking minion instead."

By this definition, I would say no, because you need to control both
the master and the slave for the relationship to apply.
The gargoyle is not somebody else's tremere slave.

About the Grotesque Q... I would claim that the condition for him to
burn is if the location stops being controled by the same methuselah
playing the Grotesque. That does not change with Temptation, therefore
he would not burn.
But I'm not very sure. :)

Tiago

LSJ

Mar 15, 2010, 8:20:20 PM3/15/10
to vtes-...@yahoogroups.com
On Mar 15, 4:10 pm, "mong...@hotpop.com" <mhir...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can Voices of the Castle (at [vis]) be used to grant intercept cross-
> table?

Yes.

> (ie., is a Gargoyle enslaved to their controller's vampires or all
> vampires of that clan?)

"Slave: Some minions are identified as slaves to a specified clan."
i.e., A Tremere Slave is enslaved to Tremere.

> If control of a Grotesque changes,(via Temptation, etc.) would they
> immediately be removed from game?
> (assuming that the chosen location does not change control at the same
> time)

Yes.

Brum

Mar 16, 2010, 3:11:47 PM3/16/10
On Mar 16, 12:20 am, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> On Mar 15, 4:10 pm, "mong...@hotpop.com" <mhir...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Can Voices of the Castle (at [vis]) be used to grant intercept cross-
> > table?
>
> Yes.
>
> > (ie., is a Gargoyle enslaved to their controller's vampires or all
> > vampires of that clan?)
>
> "Slave: Some minions are identified as slaves to a specified clan."
> i.e., A Tremere Slave is enslaved to Tremere.
>
> > If control of a Grotesque changes,(via Temptation, etc.) would they
> > immediately be removed from game?
> > (assuming that the chosen location does not change control at the same
> > time)
>
> Yes.

Why? Because the two instances of the word "you" mean the controler of
Grotesque?
hmmm... I guess it's the same way if you control a Deranged Cybelle,
you get the extra MPA. Should of thought of that.
Silly me.

Tiago