FoS Idea?

1 vue

The Nosferatu Stuff

non lue,
9 août 2001, 08:54:4309/08/2001
Just wanted to check to see if this is possible...
Okay, you can go into negative stealth, with cards like call of the hungry
dead.
You can go into negative life for cards like life boon.
Can you go into negative bleed?

Specific deck concept: You bleed me for 1, stealth it past or I don't block.
I have 5 untapped FoS with superior serpentis. All 5 play the reaction
Ecstasy at superior. Which reduces the bleed to -4, and does 5
non-preventable damage to the bleeder at the end of the action.

Sounds good to me, what do you guys think?

Aaron

Derek Ray

non lue,
9 août 2001, 09:03:1809/08/2001

I think nobody will ever bleed you again for the entire game. However,
you must then discover a means to oust your prey, and it will probably
suck to be on the business end of a vote or combat deck :)

-- Derek

"You should rush your predator this turn."
"Why?"
"Because he's not me."

LSJ

non lue,
9 août 2001, 10:18:2709/08/2001
The Nosferatu Stuff wrote:

> Just wanted to check to see if this is possible...
> Okay, you can go into negative stealth, with cards like call of the hungry
> dead.
> You can go into negative life for cards like life boon.
> Can you go into negative bleed?

Yes. You can also have negative strength and intercept.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Aaron

non lue,
9 août 2001, 16:21:0209/08/2001
Derek Ray <lor...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<hf25nto0hguoklt9s...@4ax.com>...

Thats cool, as long as it works. They I just throw in a few dread
gazes/delaying tactics and eliminate the vote decks. Haha, my deck
that is impervious to attack is finally starting to come together!
Now I just need to either beat all combat decks, or avoid combat all
together....

Aaron

Derek Ray

non lue,
9 août 2001, 17:16:3009/08/2001
On 9 Aug 2001 13:21:02 -0700, roans...@yahoo.com (Aaron) wrote:

>Thats cool, as long as it works. They I just throw in a few dread
>gazes/delaying tactics and eliminate the vote decks. Haha, my deck
>that is impervious to attack is finally starting to come together!

...the downward spiral begins... :)

Aramis

non lue,
9 août 2001, 20:19:4109/08/2001
<snip questions>

> Specific deck concept: You bleed me for 1, stealth it past or I don't block.
> I have 5 untapped FoS with superior serpentis. All 5 play the reaction
> Ecstasy at superior. Which reduces the bleed to -4, and does 5
> non-preventable damage to the bleeder at the end of the action.
>
> Sounds good to me, what do you guys think?
>
> Aaron

I think the problem is finding a way to keep SER guys untapped. Sure
you could use wakes or forced awakening, but that's alot of cards to
stuff in a deck to reduce bleed by 1 each. Also, since it's a burn
blood effect, they won't go to torpor for it. I think Ecstasy (and
Banner of Neutrality) are great cards, but I've yet to build the FoS
intercept deck to put them in.

Aramis
*does sound like an interesting deck though*

The Nosferatu Stuff

non lue,
9 août 2001, 20:50:0609/08/2001
"Aramis" <came...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

You are right. I will have to use it with my abbat kindred, and give them
all serpentis skill cards. Because they have fortitude, I can use freak
drives to allow them to take actions, then untap. Ah, I will play with free
state rants! It will be the weeine freestates rant deck I always dreamed
about. Then I can pack it with major boons so I can damage my prey with
ecstasy also, and get my grand prey to take bleeds for me. And then I just
need to drop in a few smiling jacks and presto! There is still that
annoying combat thing but still. It'll look something like this:

Deck Name: Psst, Hey Kid?
Created by: Nosferatu Stuff

Crypt: (12 cards) [Min: 15, Max: 22, Avg: 4.42]
7 Aabbt Kindred (for pre ser, Followers of Set, 4)
1 Dedefra (nec obf SER, Followers of Set, 5)
2 Hesha Ruhadze (ani obf pre SER, Followers of Set, 6)
1 Khalil Anvari (pre ser, Followers of Set, 3)
1 Mirembe Kabbada (ani PRO SER, Gangrel, 5)

Library: (65 cards)
Master (17 cards)
5 Major Boon
7 Serpentis
3 Smiling Jack, The Anarch
2 Strained Vitae Supply

Minion (48 cards)
3 Awe
3 Bewitching Oration
14 Ecstasy
6 Freak Drive
10 Free States Rant
5 Kine Resources Contested
4 Skin of Steel
3 Change of Target

Chris Shorb

non lue,
10 août 2001, 02:16:4110/08/2001
The Nosferatu Stuff wrote:

> Deck Name: Psst, Hey Kid?
> Created by: Nosferatu Stuff
>
> Crypt: (12 cards) [Min: 15, Max: 22, Avg: 4.42]
> 7 Aabbt Kindred (for pre ser, Followers of Set, 4)
> 1 Dedefra (nec obf SER, Followers of Set, 5)
> 2 Hesha Ruhadze (ani obf pre SER, Followers of Set, 6)
> 1 Khalil Anvari (pre ser, Followers of Set, 3)
> 1 Mirembe Kabbada (ani PRO SER, Gangrel, 5)

I would put at least 1 Nefertiti in your crypt, maybe even 2 - you may
just want to do (D) actions with the Aabts eventually. Not really sure
how you are going to protect Smiling Jack. I would actually use Grand
Temple of Set and some Guard Dutys. Then, once you have tempted some
dudes over, bleed him with those dudes. The whole table shouldn't gang
on you, unless you are really obnoxious.

Chris

--
chris shorb
<www.vtesinla.org> (A V:TES site in development)

hamdamcwa

non lue,
10 août 2001, 06:32:5610/08/2001
> Deck Name: Psst, Hey Kid?

Not yet but working on it. Where's the bar...?

> Created by: Nosferatu Stuff
>
> Crypt: (12 cards) [Min: 15, Max: 22, Avg: 4.42]
> 7 Aabbt Kindred (for pre ser, Followers of Set, 4)
> 1 Dedefra (nec obf SER, Followers of Set, 5)
> 2 Hesha Ruhadze (ani obf pre SER, Followers of Set, 6)
> 1 Khalil Anvari (pre ser, Followers of Set, 3)
> 1 Mirembe Kabbada (ani PRO SER, Gangrel, 5)

Add 2 Nephertiti.

> Library: (65 cards)
> Master (17 cards)
> 5 Major Boon

How about Life Boons rater than Major Boons? If you are holding up
your predator, you might want a way of stopping him being killed.

5 Major Boons is way too excessive anyway.

> 7 Serpentis
> 3 Smiling Jack, The Anarch

Bleargh! No. You really need to be able to protect these if you play
them. I say again, No.

> 2 Strained Vitae Supply

Why? You are going to need to hunt too, y'know!

Society of Leopold x 4-6 is critical to any Free States Rant deck. You
call the vote, do the damage, but need to screw over those that get
affected by it.

Add Blood Dolls
Add an Archon Investigation
Rumor Mill and Club Zombie might be a help here.
Opium Den might be nice, as might be Club Zombie.

Tribute to the Master x2-3

> Minion (48 cards)
> 3 Awe
> 3 Bewitching Oration
> 14 Ecstasy
> 6 Freak Drive
> 10 Free States Rant
> 5 Kine Resources Contested
> 4 Skin of Steel
> 3 Change of Target

Add Voter Captivations (about 6)

Add Embraces (about 4-6)

Add More Ecstacys - 2 bleeds for 8 and you're screwed.

Some Writ of Acceptances and a few Praxis?

Cryptic Riders?

KRCs?

Lots of room for cards - use it! At the moment, you will just sit
there and reduce bleeds, and then die as you Grand Predator swoops in.

Still, the idea of an Independant vote deck that could, in theory, get
a vote lock is intruiging. Good luck

DH

Aramis

non lue,
10 août 2001, 11:56:0210/08/2001

> You are right. I will have to use it with my abbat kindred, and give them
> all serpentis skill cards. Because they have fortitude, I can use freak
> drives to allow them to take actions, then untap. Ah, I will play with free
> state rants! It will be the weeine freestates rant deck I always dreamed
> about. Then I can pack it with major boons so I can damage my prey with
> ecstasy also, and get my grand prey to take bleeds for me. And then I just
> need to drop in a few smiling jacks and presto! There is still that
> annoying combat thing but still. It'll look something like this:
>

> Deck Name: Psst, Hey Kid?
> Created by: Nosferatu Stuff
>
> Crypt: (12 cards) [Min: 15, Max: 22, Avg: 4.42]
> 7 Aabbt Kindred (for pre ser, Followers of Set, 4)
> 1 Dedefra (nec obf SER, Followers of Set, 5)
> 2 Hesha Ruhadze (ani obf pre SER, Followers of Set, 6)
> 1 Khalil Anvari (pre ser, Followers of Set, 3)
> 1 Mirembe Kabbada (ani PRO SER, Gangrel, 5)

If you're using other vampires than your Aabbt, I'd only include one
of each and go fetch them with Summon the Serpent.

> Library: (65 cards)
> Master (17 cards)
> 5 Major Boon

A good choice since you can't really bleed, but without bounce, how
are you going to use these to your advantage? As leverage against your
predator?

> 7 Serpentis
> 3 Smiling Jack, The Anarch

I see no intercept. You may want to consider using Anarch Revolts
instead and toss in some DT's or DG's to protect them.

> 2 Strained Vitae Supply

As was mentioned before, you'd like to hunt too at times. Ditch these
to bring down your master percentage.

> Minion (48 cards)
> 3 Awe
> 3 Bewitching Oration
> 14 Ecstasy
> 6 Freak Drive
> 10 Free States Rant
> 5 Kine Resources Contested
> 4 Skin of Steel
> 3 Change of Target

You know what's really beautiful with a Setite vote deck? Charming
Lobby. Call a Free States Rant with it at superior, Betwitching
Oration, that's 7 votes in favor with all titles worth one less than
normal. Ditch the edge and it's 9 votes in favor. It passes, now
call your damage vote and watch it pass for free. Wash, rinse, repeat
until the table hates you.

I would suggest becoming more of an anti-vote monster by including DT
or DG. At some tables you might even be the swing (anti)votes.
Nothing says Setite like a Ventrue lap dog. =)

Luck,
Aramis

The Nosferatu Stuff

non lue,
11 août 2001, 19:45:5111/08/2001
"hamdamcwa" <dave...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > Deck Name: Psst, Hey Kid?
>
> Not yet but working on it. Where's the bar...?
>
> > Created by: Nosferatu Stuff
> >
> > Crypt: (12 cards) [Min: 15, Max: 22, Avg: 4.42]
> > 7 Aabbt Kindred (for pre ser, Followers of Set, 4)
> > 1 Dedefra (nec obf SER, Followers of Set, 5)
> > 2 Hesha Ruhadze (ani obf pre SER, Followers of Set, 6)
> > 1 Khalil Anvari (pre ser, Followers of Set, 3)
> > 1 Mirembe Kabbada (ani PRO SER, Gangrel, 5)
>
> Add 2 Nephertiti.
>

> > Library: (65 cards)
> > Master (17 cards)
> > 5 Major Boon
>
> How about Life Boons rater than Major Boons? If you are holding up
> your predator, you might want a way of stopping him being killed.

Nah, if my prey bleeds his prey, I can use major boon to take the damage,
then modify it with ecstacy to burn all the blood on his minion. Then after
I have ousted him, if my predator bleeds me I make my new prey take it,
sounds like a good deal to me?

> 5 Major Boons is way too excessive anyway.
>
> > 7 Serpentis
> > 3 Smiling Jack, The Anarch
>
> Bleargh! No. You really need to be able to protect these if you play
> them. I say again, No.

I left a little room in the deck, it's only 60 something...so maybe I need
some sports bikes or something, otherwise maybe they'll just scare everyone?

> > 2 Strained Vitae Supply
>
> Why? You are going to need to hunt too, y'know!

> Society of Leopold x 4-6 is critical to any Free States Rant deck. You
> call the vote, do the damage, but need to screw over those that get
> affected by it.

Genius, pure genius! That is exactly what I need! =)

> Add Blood Dolls
> Add an Archon Investigation

yuck, who is going to bleed me anyway?(see dereks comments)

> Rumor Mill and Club Zombie might be a help here.
> Opium Den might be nice, as might be Club Zombie.
>
> Tribute to the Master x2-3
>
> > Minion (48 cards)
> > 3 Awe
> > 3 Bewitching Oration
> > 14 Ecstasy
> > 6 Freak Drive
> > 10 Free States Rant
> > 5 Kine Resources Contested
> > 4 Skin of Steel
> > 3 Change of Target
>
> Add Voter Captivations (about 6)
>
> Add Embraces (about 4-6)
>
> Add More Ecstacys - 2 bleeds for 8 and you're screwed.
>
> Some Writ of Acceptances and a few Praxis?
>
> Cryptic Riders?
>
> KRCs?
>
> Lots of room for cards - use it! At the moment, you will just sit
> there and reduce bleeds, and then die as you Grand Predator swoops in.
>
> Still, the idea of an Independant vote deck that could, in theory, get
> a vote lock is intruiging. Good luck

It's still a work in progress. What I really want is a ser/aus/dom deck.
But I haven't figured out how to tackle that one yet, this is my stepping
stone.

Aaron

salem christ

non lue,
14 août 2001, 02:54:2214/08/2001
"The Nosferatu Stuff" <roans...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<Psjd7.17681$7G.2...@typhoon.mw.mediaone.net>...

> "hamdamcwa" <dave...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
<snip>

> > > Library: (65 cards)
> > > Master (17 cards)
> > > 5 Major Boon
> >
> > How about Life Boons rater than Major Boons? If you are holding up
> > your predator, you might want a way of stopping him being killed.
>
> Nah, if my prey bleeds his prey, I can use major boon to take the damage,
> then modify it with ecstacy to burn all the blood on his minion.

ahem, well, erm, no?
I do beleive that your prey is still bleeding your grand prey, not
you. you're just taking the pool loss for that bleed against your
grand prey. Ecstasy, i beleive, requires _you_ to be the target of the
bleed. It would work if you used that chimerstry card that reduces a
bleed against _any_ methuselah, but then we're talking about a whole
different deck....

> Then after
> I have ousted him, if my predator bleeds me I make my new prey take it,
> sounds like a good deal to me?

also, how do you oust the first prey?

> > Society of Leopold x 4-6 is critical to any Free States Rant deck. You
> > call the vote, do the damage, but need to screw over those that get
> > affected by it.
>
> Genius, pure genius! That is exactly what I need! =)

vampiric disease might also help to get the blood down on
people....and if you're lucky it'll spread....

> > Add Blood Dolls
> > Add an Archon Investigation
>
> yuck, who is going to bleed me anyway?(see dereks comments)

people who think they can bleed for more than the amount of untapped
minions you have. which is why you might want to make that number 3,
and then play AI to burn the over-enthusiastic sod.

> It's still a work in progress. What I really want is a ser/aus/dom deck.
> But I haven't figured out how to tackle that one yet, this is my stepping
> stone.

malk and trem with ser skill cards? O:)

salem.

LSJ

non lue,
14 août 2001, 08:20:3214/08/2001
salem christ wrote:

> "The Nosferatu Stuff" <roans...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Nah, if my prey bleeds his prey, I can use major boon to take the damage,
> > then modify it with ecstacy to burn all the blood on his minion.
>
> ahem, well, erm, no?
> I do beleive that your prey is still bleeding your grand prey, not
> you. you're just taking the pool loss for that bleed against your

Correct.

> grand prey. Ecstasy, i beleive, requires _you_ to be the target of the
> bleed. It would work if you used that chimerstry card that reduces a
> bleed against _any_ methuselah, but then we're talking about a whole
> different deck....

Correct again.

The Nosferatu Stuff

non lue,
14 août 2001, 09:13:0014/08/2001
"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message

> salem christ wrote:
> > "The Nosferatu Stuff" <roans...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > Nah, if my prey bleeds his prey, I can use major boon to take the
damage,
> > > then modify it with ecstacy to burn all the blood on his minion.
> >
> > ahem, well, erm, no?
> > I do beleive that your prey is still bleeding your grand prey, not
> > you. you're just taking the pool loss for that bleed against your
>
> Correct.
>
> > grand prey. Ecstasy, i beleive, requires _you_ to be the target of the
> > bleed. It would work if you used that chimerstry card that reduces a
> > bleed against _any_ methuselah, but then we're talking about a whole
> > different deck....
>
> Correct again.

Er uh what?

Sorry, but when I made the deck I was going by the white wolf rules page
that says:

"May only be played on a successful bleed (bleed for 1 or more pool). Only
action modifiers and reaction cards that modify the bleed amount may be
played after the Boon - general action modifiers and reaction cards cannot
be played (e.g., Telepathic Counter and Threats may be played, but not
Deflection)"

So it looks very much like I play cards like Telepathic Counter (Reduce a
bleed against *you* by 1) and cards like Ecstasy (Reduce a bleed against
*you* by 1)

Now what we tried to figure out last week was...
When my prey bleeds my predator he is bleeding for 1, I can play major boon
to take it. By the rules page I can modify it with ecstasy, and reduce it
to 0. When it's zero, and the bleed ends up for none does the boon stay
around? I would prefer it does, because the purpose is I'll take your bleed
you take mine. And just because I reduced yours means you still didn't have
to take it.(I believe when you cash the boon in they can also reduce the
amount so all's fair)

But some of the guys said it would fizzle, because you no longer meet the
'at least for 1' clause, and that sounds more correct to me.

Aaron

LSJ

non lue,
14 août 2001, 10:05:2214/08/2001

If *you* are being bled, yes.
The Methuselah playing the Boon is not being bled, however.

> Now what we tried to figure out last week was...
> When my prey bleeds my predator he is bleeding for 1, I can play major boon
> to take it. By the rules page I can modify it with ecstasy, and reduce it

You play Major Boon so that you pay the pool. You are not being bled,
however. The target of the bleed hasn't changed. You cannot play ecstasy,
since you are not being bled.

> to 0. When it's zero, and the bleed ends up for none does the boon stay
> around? I would prefer it does, because the purpose is I'll take your bleed
> you take mine. And just because I reduced yours means you still didn't have
> to take it.(I believe when you cash the boon in they can also reduce the
> amount so all's fair)

If the Methuselah who is being bled uses TC or Ecstasy to reduce the bleed to
zero, then the Boon doesn't stick around.

> But some of the guys said it would fizzle, because you no longer meet the
> 'at least for 1' clause, and that sounds more correct to me.

Correct.

Noal McDonald

non lue,
14 août 2001, 14:34:4114/08/2001
>> The Nosferatu Stuff wrote:
>> So it looks very much like I play cards like Telepathic Counter (Reduce a
>> bleed against *you* by 1) and cards like Ecstasy (Reduce a bleed against
>> *you* by 1)
>
> LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:\

> If *you* are being bled, yes.
> The Methuselah playing the Boon is not being bled, however.

Ignis Fatuus (Ignorant Fat Ass?) at superior does what you want to do, Aaron.

*ponders*

Hrm. Maybe I have the basis of a future Ravnos deck.

Regards,
Noal

Aaron

non lue,
14 août 2001, 16:49:4814/08/2001
dhar...@my-deja.com (Noal McDonald) wrote in message news:<bb705c59.01081...@posting.google.com>...

Not a bad idea Noal! I'll leave that one up to you. I am trying to
find a method of damaging my predator, while relying on the burn
blood/life effects of ecstacy used en-mass.

The entire problem with intercept/reaction decks is that they have not
allowed much, if any cards that are effective at moving forward. The
only exception is eagles sight, which allows intercept decks to block
all those (D) actions heading their prey's direction. Leaving
non-auspex based intercept decks with nothing to do vs preys that
focus on bruise/bleed for example.

Aaron

0 nouveau message