Random Wash question (LSJ?)

Joshua Duffin

Mar 9, 2007, 11:51:15 AM3/9/07
I thought this would have been already asked & answered on the newsgroup,
but I couldn't find it if so.

Wash says "if the canceled card is an out-of-turn master, it doesn't count
against that Methuselah's next master phase".

Does that mean that the Methuselah whose OOT master was canceled can play
another one, or not? Until 3E, I think it's been impossible to play two OOT
masters before having another turn, but the current rulebook section on OOT
masters explains the restriction as being able to play only one "against the
same master phase"; if Wash makes your first attempted OOT master not count
against your master phase, maybe you can now play another one?

thanks!

Josh

LSJ

Mar 9, 2007, 12:13:18 PM3/9/07
Joshua Duffin wrote:
> I thought this would have been already asked & answered on the newsgroup,
> but I couldn't find it if so.
>
> Wash says "if the canceled card is an out-of-turn master, it doesn't count
> against that Methuselah's next master phase".
>
> Does that mean that the Methuselah whose OOT master was canceled can play
> another one, or not?

Not.

> Until 3E, I think it's been impossible to play two OOT
> masters before having another turn, but the current rulebook section on OOT
> masters explains the restriction as being able to play only one "against the
> same master phase"; if Wash makes your first attempted OOT master not count
> against your master phase, maybe you can now play another one?

No, it was still played against some master phase, even if it doesn't count.