[LSJ] Two Q's

Chris Shorb & Tammy Martin

Jun 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/10/99
to LSJ
1. If you take the Tomb with counters on it, via Disputed
Territory, do the counters stay on it? We ruled yes.

2. Sins of the Cauchemar. I have two or more vampire's
with superior auspex with at least one blood on them each.
Another Meth's vampire acts. Can each of my vampires play
this card during this one action? I am trying to remember a
parallel card that this has been ruled on, but with no luck.

Card Text Quoted:

Card Title: Sins of the Cauchemar
Blood: 1 blood
Clan/Discip.: Auspex
Card Type: Reaction
Card Text: +1 intercept
Put this card on the acting vampire. You still control
this card. This reacting vampire gets +1 intercept
when the vampire with this card attempts to bleed
you. The vampire with this card can burn this card
as a (D) action.

As always, thanks in advance.

Chris

--
Chris Shorb, Monger of stuff
Tammy Martin, Queen of the Eastern Marches, and damn good

LSJ

Jun 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/11/99
Chris Shorb & Tammy Martin wrote:

> 1. If you take the Tomb with counters on it, via Disputed
> Territory, do the counters stay on it? We ruled yes.

Yes.

> 2. Sins of the Cauchemar. I have two or more vampire's
> with superior auspex with at least one blood on them each.
> Another Meth's vampire acts. Can each of my vampires play
> this card during this one action? I am trying to remember a
> parallel card that this has been ruled on, but with no luck.

Yes.

--
LSJ (vte...@wizards.com) VTES Net.Rep for Wizards of the Coast.
http://www.wizards.com/VTES/VTES_Rules.html

AgentZero

Jun 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/11/99
> > 2. Sins of the Cauchemar. I have two or more vampire's
> > with superior auspex with at least one blood on them each.
> > Another Meth's vampire acts. Can each of my vampires play
> > this card during this one action? I am trying to remember a
> > parallel card that this has been ruled on, but with no luck.
> Yes.

Wouldn't the acting vamp neet to have at least +2 stealth?
Because wouldn't the first vamp then have enough intercept to
block? Or would the first vamp not be required to actually
block?

a0
---
I told the priest - don't count on any second coming. God got his
ass kicked the first time he came down here slumming. He had the
balls to come, the gall to die and then forgive us. No, I don't
wonder why, I wonder what he thought it would get us
-- Concrete Blonde

LSJ

Jun 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/11/99
AgentZero wrote:

> > > 2. Sins of the Cauchemar. I have two or more vampire's
> > > with superior auspex with at least one blood on them each.
> > > Another Meth's vampire acts. Can each of my vampires play
> > > this card during this one action? I am trying to remember a
> > > parallel card that this has been ruled on, but with no luck.
> > Yes.
>
> Wouldn't the acting vamp neet to have at least +2 stealth?
> Because wouldn't the first vamp then have enough intercept to
> block? Or would the first vamp not be required to actually
> block?

Sins of the C. (superior) only gives the intercept bonus vs.
bleeds, and the action was not specified.

But, yes, superior Sins doesn't require the vampire to attempt
to block the action nor does it require that the action be a bleed.

James Coupe

Jun 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/11/99
In article <xCb83.15$3N1....@newshog.newsread.com>, AgentZero
<agen...@my-dejanews.com> writes
<snip - Sins of the Cauchemar>

>Wouldn't the acting vamp neet to have at least +2 stealth?
>Because wouldn't the first vamp then have enough intercept to
>block? Or would the first vamp not be required to actually
>block?

If I understand the card text correctly, the superior form of the card
is used not when blocking but merely reacting. Two vampires could play
it without having declared a block, and they would not get the intercept
from the ability that Sins then grants due to not having blocked.

--
James Coupe (Prince of Mercia, England)

Vampire: Elder Kindred Network
http://madnessnetwork.hexagon.net http://www.obeah.demon.co.uk