LSJ: Question about a non-ready Kholo

1 view

YY

Sep 1, 2009, 1:49:06 AM9/1/09
What happens when a vamp with the Kholo card in in torpor, and a new
untitled vamp of the same clan comes into play (assuming no other
legal targets)?

Does:

A) Kholo jumps onto new vamp, or
B) Kholo stays on torpored vamp

Akunanse Kholo [LoB:PA]
Cardtype: Action Modifier/Reaction
Clan: Akunanse
Only usable during a <referendum>. Usable by a tapped vampire. Title.
Put this card on this Akunanse to represent the unique Laibon title of
Akunanse Kholo (worth 2 votes). Not usable if there are any older
ready untitled Akunanse. Whenever this vampire is not a ready Akunanse
or there is an older ready untitled Akunanse, move this card to (one
of) the oldest ready untitled Akunanse (if any).

Juggernaut1981

Sep 1, 2009, 3:16:00 AM9/1/09

Kholo jumps to the largest ready non-titled clan member. If there are
no clan members controlled by any Methuselah that are:
READY
and
OLDER
and
NON-TITLED

Then a vampire keeps their Kholo.
(e.g. if your 7cap vamp has a Kholo but the only non-titled clan
members are 6cap or smaller your vamp keeps the Kholo)

James Coupe

Sep 1, 2009, 3:31:02 AM9/1/09
Juggernaut1981 <brassc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Sep 1, 3:49�pm, YY <the1andonl...@yahoo.com.sg> wrote:
>> What happens when a vamp with the Kholo card in in torpor, and a new
>> untitled vamp of the same clan comes into play (assuming no other
>> legal targets)?
>>
>>Whenever this vampire is not a ready Akunanse
>> or there is an older ready untitled Akunanse, move this card to (one
>> of) the oldest ready untitled Akunanse (if any).
>
>Kholo jumps to the largest ready non-titled clan member. If there are
>no clan members controlled by any Methuselah that are:
>READY
>and
>OLDER
>and
>NON-TITLED
>
>Then a vampire keeps their Kholo.
>(e.g. if your 7cap vamp has a Kholo but the only non-titled clan
>members are 6cap or smaller your vamp keeps the Kholo)

When you're in torpor, your vampire doesn't keep the card if there are
any other untitled ready Akunanse, even if they're younger than the
torpored vampire.

You move it to the oldest ready untitled Akunanse. If you're a 10 cap
Akunanse in torpor and there's an untitled 5 cap Akunanse ready (and no
other Akunanse, in this example), the Kholo card moves to the 5 cap. At
that point, the relevant card text is effectively:

Whenever this vampire is not a ready Akunanse, move this card to (one

of) the oldest ready untitled Akunanse (if any).

I'm not a ready Akunanse. Who's the oldest ready Akunanse? They get
the card.

The other branch of the "Whenever" test (looking for older vampires)
doesn't have to be activated.

--
James Coupe
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D YOU ARE IN ERROR.

YY

Sep 1, 2009, 3:38:49 AM9/1/09
> Kholo jumps to the largest ready non-titled clan member. If there are
> no clan members controlled by any Methuselah that are:
> READY
> and
> OLDER
> and
> NON-TITLED
>
> Then a vampire keeps their Kholo.
> (e.g. if your 7cap vamp has a Kholo but the only non-titled clan
> members are 6cap or smaller your vamp keeps the Kholo)

Erm...that's incorrect. I know it's a bit silly to be answering on my
own question thread, but if the Kholo is not ready, it jumps to the
OLDEST READY UNTITLED vamp of the same clan, even if that vamp is
younger than the torpored Kholo. So, in your example, the Kholo would
jump to the 6cap vamp.

"move this card to (one of) the oldest ready untitled Akunanse (if

any). " <- note: oldest ready, not older ready

What I am asking however, is if the Kholo card checks constantly
whether the vamp it's on is ready or not, or if the check only
triggers once (at the point in time when the Kholo vamp leaves the
ready region).

John Doe

Sep 1, 2009, 3:58:44 AM9/1/09

To clarify:

A 10 cap Akunanse kholo goes to torpor. There are no other Akunanse in
play. He remains the kholo.
During you influence phase you bring in a new akunanse, does this
akunanse now automatically become the new kholo?

Correct question?

Juggernaut1981

Sep 1, 2009, 4:22:49 AM9/1/09

Sorry, Misread of the text. It does constantly check. You can
influence a new one, anyone influences a new one... etc.
I suppose I'm used to using Guruhi Kholo in a deck with midcaps
without titles and large-caps with... :P

YY

Sep 1, 2009, 5:34:34 AM9/1/09
On Sep 1, 3:58 pm, John Doe <dodged...@gmail.com> wrote:
> To clarify:
>
> A 10 cap Akunanse kholo goes to torpor. There are no other Akunanse in
> play. He remains the kholo.
> During you influence phase you bring in a new akunanse, does this
> akunanse now automatically become the new kholo?
>
> Correct question?

Yup! :)

YY

Sep 1, 2009, 5:40:04 AM9/1/09
On Sep 1, 4:22 pm, Juggernaut1981 <brasscompo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry, Misread of the text. It does constantly check. You can
> influence a new one, anyone influences a new one... etc.
> I suppose I'm used to using Guruhi Kholo in a deck with midcaps
> without titles and large-caps with... :P

Yay!

Blooded Sand (alter ego)

Sep 1, 2009, 6:02:12 AM9/1/09

and answer is also Yup!
Yay!

LSJ

Sep 1, 2009, 6:43:10 AM9/1/09
YY wrote:
> What I am asking however, is if the Kholo card checks constantly
> whether the vamp it's on is ready or not, or if the check only
> triggers once (at the point in time when the Kholo vamp leaves the
> ready region).

Card text: "whenever"

LSJ

Sep 1, 2009, 6:43:50 AM9/1/09
James Coupe wrote:
>> On Sep 1, 3:49 pm, YY <the1andonl...@yahoo.com.sg> wrote:
>>> What happens when a vamp with the Kholo card in in torpor, and a new
>>> untitled vamp of the same clan comes into play (assuming no other
>>> legal targets)?

> When you're in torpor, your vampire doesn't keep the card if there are

> any other untitled ready Akunanse, even if they're younger than the
> torpored vampire.
>
> You move it to the oldest ready untitled Akunanse. If you're a 10 cap
> Akunanse in torpor and there's an untitled 5 cap Akunanse ready (and no
> other Akunanse, in this example), the Kholo card moves to the 5 cap. At
> that point, the relevant card text is effectively:
>
> Whenever this vampire is not a ready Akunanse, move this card to (one
> of) the oldest ready untitled Akunanse (if any).
>
> I'm not a ready Akunanse. Who's the oldest ready Akunanse? They get
> the card.
>
> The other branch of the "Whenever" test (looking for older vampires)
> doesn't have to be activated.

Correct.