(LSJ) Last Stand questions

floppyzedolfin

Jul 30, 2009, 8:14:09 PM7/30/09
Hi.
In every of the next situations, Last Stand is in play, so is Tension
in the Ranks. It is my turn.
Some of those questions might have been asked before, but for some
reason, I can't find them with the usual "Last Stand author:LSJ"
request.

I hat to cut cardtexts to their strict minimum.

Last Stand
Cardtype: Master
Cost: 6 pool
Unique master.
Put this card in play. When any other Methuselah is ousted, the
current turn ends, and this card is burned. The predator of the ousted
Methuselah (if more than one was ousted, go clockwise from the left of
the Methuselah whose turn just ended) takes the next turn.

a/ I oust my prey with a successful Kine Resources Contested. Can I
play Voter Captivation ?
Voter Captivation
Only usable after resolving a successful referendum {called by this
acting vampire}.

b/ I oust my prey with a bleed. Can I play Enkil Cog ?
Enkil Cog
Only usable when this vampire successfully bleeds your prey (play
after resolution). Put this card on this vampire.

c/ I oust my prey. Can I play Freak Drive on the action ?
Freak Drive
[for] Only usable at the end of a successful action (after resolving
the action).

d/ My Luke Fellow successfully bleeds and ousts my prey. Does Luke
untap ? (we could suppose he has a Sensory Deprivation and is bleeding
with Force of Will, for instance)
Luke Fellows
If Luke bleeds successfully, he untaps at the end of the action.

e/ I oust my prey with no reaction card played. Do I gain 1 blood for
Perfectionist ?
Perfectionist
Once per turn, when this vampire sucessfully performs an action and no
reaction cards are played, he or she gains 1 blood after the action is
resolved.

f/ I bleed my prey with Dylan adv with a skill Fortitude. During the
process of the bleed, I play a Forced March superior. My bleed is
successful and ousts my prey. Can Dylan burn 1 blood to untap ?
Forced March
[CEL][FOR] +1 stealth. If the action is successful, this vampire may
burn 1 blood to untap (after resolving the action).

g/ I oust my prey by rushing her vampire with Fame using my Steely
Tenacity at qui. Can I choose to redraw the Steely Tenacity instead of
drawing back to handsize from library?
Steely Tenacity
Do not replace until the end of this action. When you would replace
this card, you may take this card from your ash heap instead.

h/ I oust my prey. Do I replace the Unmasking I played on the previous
turn ?
The Unmasking
Do not replace until your next discard phase.

i/ I control a Tupdog. I oust my prey. Do I burn the Tupdog ?
Tupdog
At the end of your minion phase, burn Tupdog and move the top card
from your crypt to your uncontrolled region.

j/ In combat with my prey, I burn her minion remaining ready
(Amaranth, tons of damage +1 agg, ...), triggering the Tension in the
Ranks [during combat]. Can I play Taste of Vitae?
Taste of Vitae
Only usable at the end of a round of combat.

k/ I enter combat with my prey (she's on 1 pool). In that combat, she
plays Blissful Agony. I play Telepathic Tracking, but she cancels it
with a Direct Intervention. Do I enter combat with the other minion?
If so, can he play Obedience?
Blissful Agony
[VAL] Strike: combat ends. Choose a minion controlled by a Methuselah
other than the opposing vampire's controller. The opposing vampire
enters combat with that minion.

Obedience
Only usable when this reacting vampire is about to enter combat with
an acting younger vampire.
[dom] Untap the acting vampire, do not tap this reacting vampire, and
end the current action (and combat).

l/ I enter combat with my prey's ally, and burn it in combat. Tension
is triggered, but does FBI Special Affairs Division inflict 2 damage
to my minion?
FBI Special Affairs Division
When an ally is burned in combat with an acting vampire, put a counter
on this card, and that acting vampire takes 2 unpreventable damage
(after combat ends).

m/ My Stick (I'm on 1 pool) plays Deep Song sup' on my prey's Ambrosio
Luis Moncada. The action isn't blocked, is the Moncada tapped?
Deep Song
[ANI] Frenzy. (D) {Enter combat with and tap} a ready vampire
controlled by another Methuselah.

Ambrosio Luis Monçada, Plenipotentiary
-{Other Methuselahs' actions targeting}- Monçada cost an additional
pool.

n/ My Helena adv ousts my prey with a bleed. Can Alexandra untap
Helena Adv before my Untap phase?
Alexandra
Once during your turn, you may tap or untap another ready Toreador.

o/ I oust my prey with a political action. Does Alvaro gain 2 blood on
that vote ?
Alvaro, The Scion of Angelica
If Alvaro abstains during a political action, he gains 2 blood at the
end of that action.

p/ I enter combat with my prey, and use my Kerrie to send her vampire
to torpor. When does my Kerrie come back?
Kerrie
Alternatively, inflict strength ranged damage as a strike and, after
strike resolution, turn this weapon face down (out of play) until the
end of the action.

q/ I oust my prey with Epikasta's Govern bleed. Can I retrieve the
Govern the Unaligned card ?
Epikasta Rigatos
You may move an action card Epikasta plays from your ash heap to your
library at the end of the action (shuffle afterward).

r/ I oust my prey with a Scorn of Adonis during the referendum of a
political action. Does the referendum resolves?
Scorn of Adonis
Any Methuselah casting (including having a vampire casting) at least 1
vote against the referendum burns 1 pool before the results are
tallied.

s/ I oust my prey with a vote called by Lutz. Does my new prey loose a
pool ?
If she does, is it during my turn she looses a pool ?
Lutz von Hohenzollern
While Lutz is ready, your prey burns a pool each time the referendum
of a political action passes.

t/ My vampire with Soul Gem of Etrius bleed, plays Daring the Dawn and
goes down to 0 blood. I oust my prey with this bleed. Does my vampire
burn? Do I draw the top card from my crypt? Do I move him to my ready
region if he's younger?
Soul Gem of Etrius
If this vampire is burned, draw the top card from your crypt. If it is
younger, put the Soul Gem on him or her and move him or her to your
ready region with blood from the blood bank equal to his or her
capacity; otherwise, move that card to your uncontrolled region (and
burn the Soul Gem).

u/ I'm on 1 pool, bleed my prey, am blocked, and my minion burns
during the combat. Can my prey play Cats' Guidance?
Cats' Guidance
[ani] Only usable by a tapped vampire immediately after he or she
blocks (play after combat, if any).

v/ My Helena adv with Aching Beauty attempts a bleed action. My prey
on 1 pool attempts to block. I decline to play stealth, can I play
Change of Target on this action?
Aching Beauty
Put this card on a Toreador. If this Toreador is blocked, the
controller of the blocking minion burns 1 pool (before combat occurs,
if any).

Change of Target
Only usable when this acting minion is blocked (play before combat, if
any).

w/ I call a vote, my predator plays Treachery at superior. There are
more votes in favor than against. My prey (1 pool) has voted in favor.
Do we apply the terms of the referendum?
Treachery
[pre] If the referendum passes, the controller of the vampire calling
the referendum burns 1 pool.
[PRE] As above, and any other Methuselahs who vote in favor of the
referendum burn 1 pool when the votes are tallied.

LSJ

Jul 30, 2009, 8:47:04 PM7/30/09
floppyzedolfin wrote:
> Hi.
> In every of the next situations, Last Stand is in play, so is Tension
> in the Ranks. It is my turn.
> Some of those questions might have been asked before, but for some
> reason, I can't find them with the usual "Last Stand author:LSJ"
> request.

Google seems to only be searching recent archives these days.

> I hat to cut cardtexts to their strict minimum.
>
> Last Stand
> Cardtype: Master
> Cost: 6 pool
> Unique master.
> Put this card in play. When any other Methuselah is ousted, the
> current turn ends, and this card is burned. The predator of the ousted
> Methuselah (if more than one was ousted, go clockwise from the left of
> the Methuselah whose turn just ended) takes the next turn.

Let's add "(after the current action is concluded, if any)".

> a/ I oust my prey with a successful Kine Resources Contested. Can I
> play Voter Captivation ?
> Voter Captivation
> Only usable after resolving a successful referendum {called by this
> acting vampire}.

Yes.

> b/ I oust my prey with a bleed. Can I play Enkil Cog ?
> Enkil Cog
> Only usable when this vampire successfully bleeds your prey (play
> after resolution). Put this card on this vampire.

Yes.

> c/ I oust my prey. Can I play Freak Drive on the action ?
> Freak Drive
> [for] Only usable at the end of a successful action (after resolving
> the action).

Yes.

> d/ My Luke Fellow successfully bleeds and ousts my prey. Does Luke
> untap ? (we could suppose he has a Sensory Deprivation and is bleeding
> with Force of Will, for instance)
> Luke Fellows
> If Luke bleeds successfully, he untaps at the end of the action.

Luke Fellows.
Yes.

> e/ I oust my prey with no reaction card played. Do I gain 1 blood for
> Perfectionist ?
> Perfectionist
> Once per turn, when this vampire sucessfully performs an action and no
> reaction cards are played, he or she gains 1 blood after the action is
> resolved.

Yes.

> f/ I bleed my prey with Dylan adv with a skill Fortitude. During the
> process of the bleed, I play a Forced March superior. My bleed is
> successful and ousts my prey. Can Dylan burn 1 blood to untap ?
> Forced March
> [CEL][FOR] +1 stealth. If the action is successful, this vampire may
> burn 1 blood to untap (after resolving the action).

Yes.

> g/ I oust my prey by rushing her vampire with Fame using my Steely
> Tenacity at qui. Can I choose to redraw the Steely Tenacity instead of
> drawing back to handsize from library?
> Steely Tenacity
> Do not replace until the end of this action. When you would replace
> this card, you may take this card from your ash heap instead.

?
Yes.

> h/ I oust my prey. Do I replace the Unmasking I played on the previous
> turn ?
> The Unmasking
> Do not replace until your next discard phase.

?
No.

> i/ I control a Tupdog. I oust my prey. Do I burn the Tupdog ?
> Tupdog
> At the end of your minion phase, burn Tupdog and move the top card
> from your crypt to your uncontrolled region.

Yes.

> j/ In combat with my prey, I burn her minion remaining ready
> (Amaranth, tons of damage +1 agg, ...), triggering the Tension in the
> Ranks [during combat]. Can I play Taste of Vitae?
> Taste of Vitae
> Only usable at the end of a round of combat.

Yes.

> k/ I enter combat with my prey (she's on 1 pool). In that combat, she
> plays Blissful Agony. I play Telepathic Tracking, but she cancels it
> with a Direct Intervention. Do I enter combat with the other minion?
> If so, can he play Obedience?
> Blissful Agony
> [VAL] Strike: combat ends. Choose a minion controlled by a Methuselah
> other than the opposing vampire's controller. The opposing vampire
> enters combat with that minion.

Yes, assuming the chosen minion is still in the game. Yes.

> Obedience
> Only usable when this reacting vampire is about to enter combat with
> an acting younger vampire.
> [dom] Untap the acting vampire, do not tap this reacting vampire, and
> end the current action (and combat).
>
> l/ I enter combat with my prey's ally, and burn it in combat. Tension
> is triggered, but does FBI Special Affairs Division inflict 2 damage
> to my minion?
> FBI Special Affairs Division
> When an ally is burned in combat with an acting vampire, put a counter
> on this card, and that acting vampire takes 2 unpreventable damage
> (after combat ends).

Yes.

> m/ My Stick (I'm on 1 pool) plays Deep Song sup' on my prey's Ambrosio
> Luis Moncada. The action isn't blocked, is the Moncada tapped?
> Deep Song
> [ANI] Frenzy. (D) {Enter combat with and tap} a ready vampire
> controlled by another Methuselah.

Stick seems inconsequential to the question.
Yes.

> Ambrosio Luis Mon�ada, Plenipotentiary
> -{Other Methuselahs' actions targeting}- Mon�ada cost an additional

> pool.
>
> n/ My Helena adv ousts my prey with a bleed. Can Alexandra untap
> Helena Adv before my Untap phase?
> Alexandra
> Once during your turn, you may tap or untap another ready Toreador.

Yes.

> o/ I oust my prey with a political action. Does Alvaro gain 2 blood on
> that vote ?
> Alvaro, The Scion of Angelica
> If Alvaro abstains during a political action, he gains 2 blood at the
> end of that action.

Yes.

> p/ I enter combat with my prey, and use my Kerrie to send her vampire
> to torpor. When does my Kerrie come back?
> Kerrie
> Alternatively, inflict strength ranged damage as a strike and, after
> strike resolution, turn this weapon face down (out of play) until the
> end of the action.

At the end of the action.

> q/ I oust my prey with Epikasta's Govern bleed. Can I retrieve the
> Govern the Unaligned card ?
> Epikasta Rigatos
> You may move an action card Epikasta plays from your ash heap to your
> library at the end of the action (shuffle afterward).

Yes.

> r/ I oust my prey with a Scorn of Adonis during the referendum of a
> political action. Does the referendum resolves?
> Scorn of Adonis
> Any Methuselah casting (including having a vampire casting) at least 1
> vote against the referendum burns 1 pool before the results are
> tallied.

Yes.

> s/ I oust my prey with a vote called by Lutz. Does my new prey loose a
> pool ?
> If she does, is it during my turn she looses a pool ?
> Lutz von Hohenzollern
> While Lutz is ready, your prey burns a pool each time the referendum
> of a political action passes.

Yes.

> t/ My vampire with Soul Gem of Etrius bleed, plays Daring the Dawn and
> goes down to 0 blood. I oust my prey with this bleed. Does my vampire
> burn? Do I draw the top card from my crypt? Do I move him to my ready
> region if he's younger?
> Soul Gem of Etrius
> If this vampire is burned, draw the top card from your crypt. If it is
> younger, put the Soul Gem on him or her and move him or her to your
> ready region with blood from the blood bank equal to his or her
> capacity; otherwise, move that card to your uncontrolled region (and
> burn the Soul Gem).

Yes. Yes. Yes.

> u/ I'm on 1 pool, bleed my prey, am blocked, and my minion burns
> during the combat. Can my prey play Cats' Guidance?
> Cats' Guidance
> [ani] Only usable by a tapped vampire immediately after he or she
> blocks (play after combat, if any).

Yes.

> v/ My Helena adv with Aching Beauty attempts a bleed action. My prey
> on 1 pool attempts to block. I decline to play stealth, can I play
> Change of Target on this action?
> Aching Beauty
> Put this card on a Toreador. If this Toreador is blocked, the
> controller of the blocking minion burns 1 pool (before combat occurs,
> if any).

Yes.

> Change of Target
> Only usable when this acting minion is blocked (play before combat, if
> any).
>
> w/ I call a vote, my predator plays Treachery at superior. There are
> more votes in favor than against. My prey (1 pool) has voted in favor.
> Do we apply the terms of the referendum?
> Treachery
> [pre] If the referendum passes, the controller of the vampire calling
> the referendum burns 1 pool.
> [PRE] As above, and any other Methuselahs who vote in favor of the
> referendum burn 1 pool when the votes are tallied.

Yes.

John Whelan

Jul 30, 2009, 9:37:48 PM7/30/09
On Jul 30, 8:47 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> floppyzedolfin wrote:
> > Hi.
> > In every of the next situations, Last Stand is in play, so is Tension
> > in the Ranks. It is my turn.
> > Some of those questions might have been asked before, but for some
> > reason, I can't find them with the usual "Last Stand author:LSJ"
> > request.
>
> Google seems to only be searching recent archives these days.

I find that, if I am already on the page for this group, and I click
"search this group", I only get recent posts. But if I search all
groups (perhaps limiting it by adding "Jyhad" as a term), I do get
older posts.

Curevei

Jul 31, 2009, 1:13:56 AM7/31/09
On Jul 30, 5:47 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> > k/ I enter combat with my prey (she's on 1 pool). In that combat, she
> > plays Blissful Agony. I play Telepathic Tracking, but she cancels it
> > with a Direct Intervention. Do I enter combat with the other minion?
> > If so, can he play Obedience?
> > Blissful Agony
> > [VAL] Strike: combat ends. Choose a minion controlled by a Methuselah
> > other than the opposing vampire's controller. The opposing vampire
> > enters combat with that minion.
>
> Yes, assuming the chosen minion is still in the game. Yes.

As Blissful Agony queues a combat, isn't it illegal to play Telepathic
Tracking?

LSJ

Jul 31, 2009, 2:13:07 AM7/31/09

floppyzedolfin

Jul 31, 2009, 2:50:39 AM7/31/09
On Jul 31, 2:47 am, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> floppyzedolfin wrote:
> > Hi.
> > In every of the next situations, Last Stand is in play, so is Tension
> > in the Ranks. It is my turn.
>
> > I hat to cut cardtexts to their strict minimum.
>
> > Last Stand
> > Cardtype: Master
> > Cost: 6 pool
> > Unique master.
> > Put this card in play. When any other Methuselah is ousted, the
> > current turn ends, and this card is burned. The predator of the ousted
> > Methuselah (if more than one was ousted, go clockwise from the left of
> > the Methuselah whose turn just ended) takes the next turn.
>
> Let's add "(after the current action is concluded, if any)".

Thanks!

I suddenly realise I forgot one (I didn't expect the action to survive
that much):

I oust my prey with an action. Can I tap my Heidelberg Castle before
it untaps at the beginning of my untap phase?
Heidelberg Castle, Germany
AKA: Heidelburg Castle, Germany
Tap to move blood, equipment cards and/or retainers between any two
ready vampires you control. (You choose the amount of blood you move
and which cards you transfer.) Cannot be used during an action.

LSJ

Jul 31, 2009, 3:24:49 AM7/31/09

Hmm. I guess not, since there's no "between turns" phase. By the time you're
finished with that turn-ending action, it's already your untap phase (and you
can't do anything before untapping your cards.

Jakob Sievers

Jul 31, 2009, 5:31:08 AM7/31/09
John Whelan <jwjbw...@gmail.com> writes:

Add group:rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad when searching all groups.

--
cheers,
-jakob

Jozxyqk

Jul 31, 2009, 5:36:11 AM7/31/09
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> > I oust my prey with an action. Can I tap my Heidelberg Castle before
> > it untaps at the beginning of my untap phase?
> > Heidelberg Castle, Germany
> > AKA: Heidelburg Castle, Germany
> > Tap to move blood, equipment cards and/or retainers between any two
> > ready vampires you control. (You choose the amount of blood you move
> > and which cards you transfer.) Cannot be used during an action.

> Hmm. I guess not, since there's no "between turns" phase. By the time you're
> finished with that turn-ending action, it's already your untap phase (and you
> can't do anything before untapping your cards.

Well, I don't know if this affects Heidelbergability or not, but there are
2 moments of time before untapping your cards where you have to resolve mandatory
effects:
A) The First Tradition Decision Phase -- Do I take my turn or not?
B) The "until your next untap phase" resolution phase -- Return the Dementia'd
Malkavian to its owner.

floppyzedolfin

Jul 31, 2009, 6:09:09 AM7/31/09
On Jul 31, 11:31 am, Jakob Sievers <cad...@gmail.com> wrote:

> John Whelan <jwjbwhe...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> >> Google seems to only be searching recent archives these days.
>
> > I find that, if I am already on the page for this group, and I click
> > "search this group", I only get recent posts.  But if I search all
> > groups (perhaps limiting it by adding "Jyhad" as a term), I do get
> > older posts.
>
> Add group:rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad when searching all groups.
>
> --
> cheers,
> -jakob

Great!
Thanks a lot.

floppyzedolfin

Jul 31, 2009, 6:31:00 AM7/31/09
On Jul 31, 11:36 am, Jozxyqk <jfeue...@eecs.tufts.edu> wrote:

I was considering the whole part from "I play Freak Drive" to "I untap
my Heidelberg Castle".
That includes
- end of minion phase [for instance, between the burning of two
Tupdogs]
- end of turn ( III.F.) When recruited allies are moved to controlled
region, do they move simultaneously, or can I squeeze Heidelberg
between two of them ? (if it were so, I could squeeze the tapping of
Heidelberg "at the end of my turn" even without allies, I suppose)
- First Trad's choice (which still seems to me not to really be "in"
my turn)
- successful withdraw attempt? [9.2]
- Giving back the stolen Malk / Parmenides to its true controler.

So, some more questions about Last Stand :

- There is a First Tradition in play (my predator played it). I oust
my prey. Can I choose to skip my turn ?
- I declared an withdraw attempt during my untap phase, and oust my
prey. I take a new turn, but is my withdraw attempt successful ?

LSJ

Jul 31, 2009, 7:33:49 AM7/31/09

You either take your turn or you don't. No inter-turn phase.

The Malk is under your control before your untap phase and isn't in your untap
phase. No inter-turn phase.

LSJ

Jul 31, 2009, 7:38:17 AM7/31/09
floppyzedolfin wrote:
> So, some more questions about Last Stand :
>
> - There is a First Tradition in play (my predator played it). I oust
> my prey. Can I choose to skip my turn ?
> - I declared an withdraw attempt during my untap phase, and oust my
> prey. I take a new turn, but is my withdraw attempt successful ?

These are non-issues, as there is only one possible interpretation of the rules
/ card text.

Can I skip my entire turn?
First Tradition: "A Methuselah can choose to skip his or her entire turn."

I've met the withdrawal conditions and we come to the point in the game where I
would start my untap phase. Is my withdrawal successful?

9.2: "If you have met these conditions when you would start your untap phase,
you successfully withdraw."

LSJ

Jul 31, 2009, 7:38:58 AM7/31/09

If you like to save some typing, I find group:rec.*.jyhad works as well.

Salem

Jul 31, 2009, 9:51:11 AM7/31/09

I find just author:lsj works fine, without bothering to specify which
newsgroup.

it'd be very rare for me to accidentally find a result in another
newsgroup who's author was an 'lsj' and which contained some search
terms i would be interested in. (ie: it hasn't happened yet)

--
salem
(replace 'hotmail' with 'gmail' to email)

LSJ

Jul 31, 2009, 10:56:39 AM7/31/09
Salem wrote:
> LSJ wrote:
>> floppyzedolfin wrote:
>>
>> If you like to save some typing, I find group:rec.*.jyhad works as well.
>
> I find just author:lsj works fine, without bothering to specify which
> newsgroup.

Yes, but recently it seems that Google doesn't search very far back unless you
specify the group.