Armor of Terra/Slave Q [LSJ]

68 vues

Xian

non lue,
4 déc. 2001, 15:49:0004/12/2001
Again, just clearing up possible problems before they arise in my
local group. I'll add a spoiler at the end of the message, but just
quote the relevant text up here.

Is Armor of Terra playable by a Gargoyle that is *not* a slave with
vic/VIC? Looking at the text, it could be only usable by slaves,
which is okay, but curious from a backstory perspective. Not that
this is all bad. There has to be some benefit to being a Gargoyle
slave, I suppose.

Relevant text:

tha: "Put this card on a slave Gargoyle you control."
vis: "As (tha) above, but put this card on this acting Gargoyle."

One could make an argument that "this acting Gargoyle" replaces the
whole clause "a slave Gargoyle you control" or it could be that the
slave-ness is not modified, simply the actor/recipient of the card.

Little help?

Xian

[spoiler below]
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Armor of Terra
Action
Visceratika (Thaumaturgy)
1 blood
+1 stealth action
tha: Put this card on a slave Gargoyle you control. The Gargoyle
with this card treats aggravated damage as normal damage. Burn this
card if this Gargoyle goes to torpor. A Gargoyle can only have one
Armor of Terra.
vis: As (tha) above, but put this card on this acting Gargoyle.
VIS: As (vis) above, and the Gargoyle with this card may prevent 1
damage each combat.

LSJ

non lue,
4 déc. 2001, 17:17:2504/12/2001
Xian wrote:

> Again, just clearing up possible problems before they arise in my
> local group. I'll add a spoiler at the end of the message, but just
> quote the relevant text up here.
>
> Is Armor of Terra playable by a Gargoyle that is *not* a slave with
> vic/VIC?

Yes.

> One could make an argument that "this acting Gargoyle" replaces the
> whole clause "a slave Gargoyle you control"

Exactly.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

vermillian

non lue,
5 déc. 2001, 13:56:3205/12/2001
xb...@qwest.net (Xian) wrote in message news:<dbc1153.01120...@posting.google.com>...

> Armor of Terra
> Action
> Visceratika (Thaumaturgy)
> 1 blood
> +1 stealth action
> tha: Put this card on a slave Gargoyle you control. The Gargoyle
> with this card treats aggravated damage as normal damage. Burn this
> card if this Gargoyle goes to torpor. A Gargoyle can only have one
> Armor of Terra.
> vis: As (tha) above, but put this card on this acting Gargoyle.
> VIS: As (vis) above, and the Gargoyle with this card may prevent 1
> damage each combat.

Um... what if Ian Forresal played the card with VIS? that doesn't seem
fair he can't use it! He's the man! He can do ANYthing! This cards
needs an erreta!!!

~SV

LSJ

non lue,
5 déc. 2001, 14:09:0905/12/2001
vermillian wrote:
> xb...@qwest.net (Xian) wrote in message
> > Armor of Terra
> > Action
> > Visceratika (Thaumaturgy)
> > 1 blood
> > +1 stealth action
> > tha: Put this card on a slave Gargoyle you control. The Gargoyle
> > with this card treats aggravated damage as normal damage. Burn this
> > card if this Gargoyle goes to torpor. A Gargoyle can only have one
> > Armor of Terra.
> > vis: As (tha) above, but put this card on this acting Gargoyle.
> > VIS: As (vis) above, and the Gargoyle with this card may prevent 1
> > damage each combat.
>
> Um... what if Ian Forresal played the card with VIS? that doesn't seem
> fair he can't use it! He's the man! He can do ANYthing! This cards
> needs an erreta!!!

He'd have to Clan Impersonate a Gargoyle.
And he'd have to acquire VIS.

Any vampire, not just Ian, could do the same with the same set-up.

Lee Fent

non lue,
6 déc. 2001, 09:37:2406/12/2001
[SNIP]

> He'd have to Clan Impersonate a Gargoyle.
> And he'd have to acquire VIS.
>
> Any vampire, not just Ian, could do the same with the same set-up.

Which brings up a question of timing, if Ian does swap to Gargoyle, and then
later Switches back, does the Armor "fall off" since he's no longer a
Gargoyle. I.E. similar to the equipment cards that are clan specific. If
so, then assumably the card would reactive if he were to switch back to
Gargoyle?

Lee

LSJ

non lue,
6 déc. 2001, 09:49:1306/12/2001
Lee Fent wrote:
> Which brings up a question of timing, if Ian does swap to Gargoyle, and then
> later Switches back, does the Armor "fall off" since he's no longer a
> Gargoyle. I.E. similar to the equipment cards that are clan specific. If
> so, then assumably the card would reactive if he were to switch back to
> Gargoyle?

It stays (it doesn't go to the ash heap), but it only benefits "this Gargoyle",
so a non-Gargoyle Ian would get no benefit.

0 nouveau message