[Q] more Madrigal questions

Goratrux

Jan 21, 2002, 7:24:22 PM1/21/02
1/ How does the [MEL] effect apply to the Priscus votes ? Does a Priscus
voting in agreement with the MEL minion in the Prisci sub-referendum
gain 1 blood? Does this depend on the result of the sub-referendum?

2/ Is the vote provided by the initial political action card (the one
played to attempt the action) considered to be cast by the acting
minion? If so, does the MEL blood gain apply to oneself?

--

Madrigal (Action Modifier/Reaction)

Only usable during a referendum before votes are cast.

[pre]: Only usable by a reacting vampire. Gain 2 votes.

[mel]: Gain 2 votes.

[MEL]: As [mel] above, and any vampire voting in agreement with this
vampire gains 1 blood from the blood bank. Any vampire voting in
opposition to this vampire burns 1 blood. Blood is gained or lost when
the results are tallied.

Gor

Reyda

Jan 21, 2002, 8:46:52 PM1/21/02

"Goratrux" <nos...@webmails.com> wrote in message

> 1/ How does the [MEL] effect apply to the Priscus votes ? Does a Priscus
> voting in agreement with the MEL minion in the Prisci sub-referendum
> gain 1 blood? Does this depend on the result of the sub-referendum?

The priscus voting in favor gains the blood. The result of the prisci block
does not count. EG : Korah is 'for' the referendum, Sascha is 'for' too but
Gratiano and Genevieve vote against. Only Korah and Sascha will gain blood.
Gratiano and Genevieve wil lose blood.

> 2/ Is the vote provided by the initial political action card (the one
> played to attempt the action) considered to be cast by the acting
> minion? If so, does the MEL blood gain apply to oneself?

The vote provided by the political card (the card action itself) is not cast
by the vampire but by the methuselah. So MEL verison doesn't apply to
acting minion if he doesn't have a title or doesn't play vote
granting-cards. (same if he doesn't get the oportunity to cast his vote)

lactamaeon

Jan 22, 2002, 1:26:40 PM1/22/02
> The vote provided by the political card (the card action itself) is not cast
> by the vampire but by the methuselah. So MEL verison doesn't apply to
> acting minion if he doesn't have a title or doesn't play vote
> granting-cards. (same if he doesn't get the oportunity to cast his vote)
[snip]

> > [MEL]: As [mel] above, and any vampire voting in agreement with this
> > vampire gains 1 blood from the blood bank. Any vampire voting in
> > opposition to this vampire burns 1 blood. Blood is gained or lost when
> > the results are tallied.

The MEL version carries the two votes from the mel version. The
vampire will *always* be voting in agreement with herself.

John

LSJ

Jan 22, 2002, 1:42:34 PM1/22/02
lactamaeon wrote:
> The MEL version carries the two votes from the mel version. The
> vampire will *always* be voting in agreement with herself.

Unless she is forced to abstain (Pulling Strings).

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

lactamaeon

Jan 23, 2002, 12:20:42 AM1/23/02
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message news:<3C4DB29A...@white-wolf.com>...

> lactamaeon wrote:
> > The MEL version carries the two votes from the mel version. The
> > vampire will *always* be voting in agreement with herself.
>
> Unless she is forced to abstain (Pulling Strings).

Hmmm... interesting point. If she's forced to abstain, can *anyone* be
voting in agreement with her? Or against? That would pretty much
nullify the entire card, as far as I can tell...

LSJ

Jan 23, 2002, 6:51:12 AM1/23/02
lactamaeon wrote:

> LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message news:<3C4DB29A...@white-wolf.com>...
> > lactamaeon wrote:
> > > The MEL version carries the two votes from the mel version. The
> > > vampire will *always* be voting in agreement with herself.
> >
> > Unless she is forced to abstain (Pulling Strings).
>
> Hmmm... interesting point. If she's forced to abstain, can *anyone* be
> voting in agreement with her? Or against? That would pretty much

No.

> nullify the entire card, as far as I can tell...

It would.

lactamaeon

Jan 24, 2002, 12:03:15 AM1/24/02
> > Hmmm... interesting point. If she's forced to abstain, can *anyone* be
> > voting in agreement with her? Or against? That would pretty much
>
> No.
>
> > nullify the entire card, as far as I can tell...
>
> It would.

How about canceling her votes (demonstration, kindred manipulation)?
Is that the same as forcing an abstention or not?

LSJ

Jan 24, 2002, 7:34:02 AM1/24/02

Yes.