(LSJ) Edge Vitiation when Edge is burned before resolution

floppyzedolfin

Apr 26, 2010, 7:05:58 AM4/26/10
Hi LSJ,

Suppose my prey has the Edge.
I play Edge Vitiation at inferior.

Before resolution, my prey burns the Edge (untap Torvus, burn
Extortion, burn target counter from Deploy the Hand, ...).
There is no block.

Is the action successful?
Does it fizzle?
Does my prey burn 1 pool?

Thanks

~ ~

Edge Vitiation
Cardtype: Action
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Serpentis
+1 stealth action.
[ser] (D) Only usable if your prey controls the Edge. Your prey burns
1 pool and burns the Edge.
[SER] Put this card in play. Whenever your predator successfully
bleeds you, you get the Edge instead of your predator. Any minion can
burn this card as a (D) action.

LSJ

Apr 26, 2010, 8:22:43 AM4/26/10
On Apr 26, 7:05 am, floppyzedolfin <floppyzedol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Suppose my prey has the Edge.
> I play Edge Vitiation at inferior.
>
> Before resolution, my prey burns the Edge (untap Torvus, burn
> Extortion, burn target counter from Deploy the Hand, ...).
> There is no block.
>
> Is the action successful?

Yes, it is unblocked, as you say.

> Does it fizzle?

No. (Well, the "Your prey burns the Edge" bit fizzles.)

> Does my prey burn  1 pool?

Yes.