(LSJ) More Final Loosening Q

floppyzedolfin

Apr 1, 2010, 9:25:12 AM4/1/10
Hi Scott,

+ Suppose A hunts. There is no block. Final Loosening is played.
Is the hunt successful?
Put in other words: Does Final Loosening reduces the blood gain to 1,
or does it changes it to a gain 1 blood effect?

+ Here's a weird situation (I'll try to be as precise as I can):
Slow Withering is in play.
1. Someone plays Voter Captivation at superior. Terms are: gain 2
blood and 2 pool.
2. There is no Direct Intervention played.
3. Voter Captivation is replaced.
4. Voter Captivation is paid and its effects happen : the vampire
gains blood, the Methuselah gains pool.
5. The vampire has gained blood.

Now, my question is : Where in that list does Final Loosening get
played?

I think it's some place between 3 and 4, but this is weird (I can't
think of any other card that would be played in there). I think it
can't be played until 2 is over.

+ Final Loosening doesn't say where the blood comes from.
Does that mean it comes from the same source it was about to be gained
from? (similarly to cards that give "additional blood" without
precision about the origin)
Suppose A plays inferior Consignment to Duat on B. There is no block.
Final Loosening is played.
Are both the blood counters awarded by Final Loosening taken *from B*
- ending up with B
losing *TWO* blood ?

If the answer is different for A and B, why is it so? (cardtext seems
to make difference).

Thanks (and sorry again)

~~

Final Loosening
Cardtype: Reaction
Discipline: Auspex/Dementation/Fortitude
Requires an anarch.
[aus] Play when the acting vampire would gain 1 or more blood. The
acting vampire and this reacting anarch each gain 1 blood instead.
[dem] Gain 4 votes.
[for] Only usable when an ally is acting. The action fails and the
ally takes 1 damage. Tap this reacting anarch.

The Slow Withering
Cardtype: Event
Gehenna. Do not replace until a vampire commits diablerie.
Requires at least one other Gehenna card in play. Cards that require
any superior Disciplines cost an additional blood. Any vampire who
commits diablerie is immune to this effect until the next Gehenna card
is played.

Voter Captivation
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Discipline: Presence
Only usable after resolving a successful referendum <called by this
acting vampire>.
[pre] The acting vampire gains X blood from the blood bank, where X is
the number of votes by which the referendum passed.
[PRE] As above, but move up to 2 of those blood counters to your pool
instead of this vampire.

Consignment to Duat
Cardtype: Action
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Serpentis
[ser] (D) Steal 1 blood or life from a ready minion.
[SER] (D) Put this card on a ready minion. During this minion's untap
phase, he or she burns 1 blood or life. If this vampire cannot burn a
blood, he or she goes to torpor. Burn this card if this acting minion
enters combat or leaves the ready region. A minion can have only one
Consignment to Duat.

LSJ

Apr 1, 2010, 9:31:54 AM4/1/10
On Apr 1, 9:25 am, floppyzedolfin <floppyzedol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Scott,
>
> + Suppose A hunts. There is no block. Final Loosening is played.
> Is the hunt successful?

Yes.

> Put in other words: Does Final Loosening reduces the blood gain to 1,
> or does it changes it to a gain 1 blood effect?

Reduce.

> + Here's a weird situation (I'll try to be as precise as I can):
> Slow Withering is in play.
> 1. Someone plays Voter Captivation at superior. Terms are: gain 2
> blood and 2 pool.
> 2. There is no Direct Intervention played.
> 3. Voter Captivation is replaced.
> 4. Voter Captivation is paid and its effects happen : the vampire
> gains blood, the Methuselah gains pool.
> 5. The vampire has gained blood.
>
> Now, my question is : Where in that list does Final Loosening get
> played?

Before 4.

> I think it's some place between 3 and 4, but this is weird (I can't
> think of any other card that would be played in there).

Any "would gain" could be played in there.

Foul Blood is played in a similar window in a hunt.

> I think it
> can't be played until 2 is over.

Correct.

> + Final Loosening doesn't say where the blood comes from.
> Does that mean it comes from the same source it was about to be gained
> from? (similarly to cards that give "additional blood" without
> precision about the origin)
> Suppose A plays inferior Consignment to Duat on B. There is no block.
> Final Loosening is played.
> Are both the blood counters awarded by Final Loosening taken *from B*
> - ending up with B
> losing *TWO* blood ?

No. The acting vampire's gain (from whatever source) is reduced to 1.
And the reacting anarch gains 1 (form the bank).

Juggernaut1981

Apr 1, 2010, 8:44:15 PM4/1/10
> Any "would gain" could be played in there.
>
> Foul Blood is played in a similar window in a hunt.

It seems as though Foul Blood should be played in a separate window...
FB would appear to only be playable at action resolution (when the
action is actually successful), as opposed to FL which can be played
at any point where the vampire is guaranteed to gain blood (when the
action is known to not fail and result in blood gain).

Foul Blood
Type: Reaction
Requires: Quietus
Cost: 1 blood
***Only usable when a vampire successfully hunts.***
[qui] The acting vampire gains 1 less blood and takes 1 unpreventable
damage. Tap this reacting vampire.
[QUI] As above, but do not tap this reacting vampire.

LSJ

Apr 1, 2010, 9:08:01 PM4/1/10
On Apr 1, 8:44 pm, Juggernaut1981 <brasscompo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Any "would gain" could be played in there.
>
> > Foul Blood is played in a similar window in a hunt.
>
> It seems as though Foul Blood should be played in a separate window...
> FB would appear to only be playable at action resolution (when the
> action is actually successful), as opposed to FL which can be played
> at any point where the vampire is guaranteed to gain blood (when the
> action is known to not fail and result in blood gain).

Yes. It is played in a similar window. Namely: the window when you're
about to resolve the effect in question, just before resolving the
effect in question.