Fishing for eagle's sight - KoT related

tbz_...@hotmail.com

Nov 19, 2008, 7:27:14 AM11/19/08
I have a tapped minion with superior auspex. In my hand I have a copy
of Eluding the arms of Morpheus. I don't, however, have a copy of
eagle's sight. I'm relatively confident that one is still remaining in
my library. Someone cross table is about to oust, and I'd like to stop
them. Is it acceptable to play the EtaoM, in the hope of cycling in
the eagle's sight?

i.e. I play EtaoM, I draw eagle's sight to block cross table - this
obviously is fine.
I play EtaoM, I don't draw eagle's sight so (even if I have
sufficient intercept) the block fizzles, but I'm still untapped. This
makes sense too.

How does this fit with Rachel Brandywine with Homunculus and Madness
Network (or, indeed Enkil Cog)? Could she, if she had the blood to
burn, untap with Homunculus to act out-of-turn then untap with Enkil
Cog to act again, then untap again with EtaoM in response to a cross
table action to act a 3rd time? If you want, you can add in helicopter
too, for a 4th action.

Sure its a costly, unlikely confluence of cards, but is it *possible*?

Relevant texts (Enkil Cog not seen first hand)
Homunculus
Retainer
Retainer with 1 life.
pro - During any Methuselah's untap phase, the vampire with this
retainer can burn 1 blood to untap.
PRO - As above, but Homunculus has 2 life.

Eagle's Sight
Reaction
aus - This reacting vampire gets +1 intercept.
AUS -This reacting vampire attempts to block the current action,
ignoring the normal prey, predator or target restrictions for blocking
actions.

Madness Network
Master
Malkavian
Unique master.
Put this card in play. After [a Methuselah] has finished all of his or
her minion phase actions, any untapped Malkavians [controlled by other
Methuselahs] (going clockwise) can take actions. Any minion can burn
this card as an action that any untapped Malkavian (in addition to the
normally eligible blockers) can attempt to block (go clockwise if 2 or
more want to block).

Eluding the Arms of Morpheus
Reaction
Only usable by a tapped vampire.
This vampire untaps and attempts to block.

Helicopter
Equipment
Cost: 3 pool
Vehicle.
When a minion equips with the Helicopter, tap it. After resolving a
successful action, this minion may tap the Helicopter to untap. A
minion may have only one vehicle.

Enkil Cog
Action Modifier
Requires a vampire of capacity 10 or more. Unique.
Only usable when this vampire successfully bleeds your prey (play
after resolution). Put this card on this vampire. During any
Methuselah's minion phase, this vampire may tap this card to attempt
an action. This vampire has +1 bleed.

tbz_...@hotmail.com

Nov 19, 2008, 7:41:04 AM11/19/08
Actually, I've just re-read madness network and eluding. That doesn't
quite work.

Ignore that section. ;)

Modify it then - Rachel has become anarch via anarch secession.

Could you have Anarch Rachel with homunculus, and madness network,
enkil cog and helicopter burn a blood to untap via the homunculus, act
via madness network out of turn, bleed, untap with the helicopter,
call revolutionary council, untap with crimethinc. and then use Enkil
Cog to act again?

tbz_...@hotmail.com

Nov 19, 2008, 7:42:13 AM11/19/08
yes, Rachel has become a baron too :P

*sigh* more coffee needed.

LSJ

Nov 19, 2008, 7:44:04 AM11/19/08
tbz_...@hotmail.com wrote:
> I have a tapped minion with superior auspex. In my hand I have a copy
> of Eluding the arms of Morpheus. I don't, however, have a copy of
> eagle's sight. I'm relatively confident that one is still remaining in
> my library. Someone cross table is about to oust, and I'd like to stop
> them. Is it acceptable to play the EtaoM, in the hope of cycling in
> the eagle's sight?
>
> i.e. I play EtaoM, I draw eagle's sight to block cross table - this
> obviously is fine.

Not fine. EtaoM cannot be played by a minion who cannot block, as is the case here.

LSJ

Nov 19, 2008, 7:47:11 AM11/19/08
tbz_...@hotmail.com wrote:
> Actually, I've just re-read madness network and eluding. That doesn't
> quite work.
>
> Ignore that section. ;)
>
> Modify it then - Rachel has become anarch via anarch secession.
>
> Could you have Anarch Rachel with homunculus, and madness network,
> enkil cog and helicopter burn a blood to untap via the homunculus,

... during some untap phase ...
... then, during a later minion phase...

> act
> via madness network out of turn, bleed, untap with the helicopter,
> call revolutionary council, untap with crimethinc. and then use Enkil
> Cog to act again?

No need to tap the Cog. Just act again with the Network.