Re: Basic questions about reaction cards, tapping and wakes

LSJ

Feb 21, 2005, 8:31:18 AM2/21/05
"Petri Wessman" <nos...@orava.org> wrote in message
news:ijkSd.1740$vh1...@reader1.news.jippii.net...
> Ok, this is a "just to make sure" post.
>
> Some reaction cards have the text template "tap this X to...". This
clearly
> requires a tap for the effect to happen, so playing Wake + this card
would
> not work. Example: Wake + superior Babble does not work.
>
> On the other hand, lots of reaction cards have text like "Tap this
reacting
> X." or "tap this X and...". In this case, the tap is just a side effect
and
> the card can be combined with Wake. Example: Wake + Car Bomb works.
>
> So only reaction cards that have text templates like "tap this X to..."
or
> "tap the reacting X to..." require the tap (and don't work with Wake)?

Correct.

V:TES homepage: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/
Though effective, appear to be ineffective -- Sun Tzu

Petri Wessman

Vili

Feb 21, 2005, 8:45:20 AM2/21/05
In article <cvcnvc$5pd$1...@domitilla.aioe.org>, LSJ wrote:
> No. He's saying that a tapped vampire cannot "tap to" do something.
> He is correct in that regard.

Um... Ok. It just sounded wierd. 'cos you know, the "as though untapped"
thing. I kind of figured that an untapped minion could tap to do
something.

I could have even argued that a minion may "tap to" to do something
but the babble text was: "tap this minion to" and
not "this minion taps to".

Thanks for the clarification.

> --
> LSJ (vte...@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
> V:TES homepage: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/
> Though effective, appear to be ineffective -- Sun Tzu

--
Ville Takanen

Vili

Feb 21, 2005, 8:17:34 AM2/21/05
In article <ijkSd.1740$vh1...@reader1.news.jippii.net>, Petri Wessman wrote:
> Ok, this is a "just to make sure" post.
>
> Some reaction cards have the text template "tap this X to...". This clearly
> requires a tap for the effect to happen, so playing Wake + this card would
> not work. Example: Wake + superior Babble does not work.

How come?

Wake with Evening's Freshness
Do not replace until your next untap phase.
Only usable by a tapped vampire. This reacting vampire can use reaction
cards and attempt to block *as though untapped*
until the current action is concluded.

are you saying that an untapped vampire may not be tapped?

> On the other hand, lots of reaction cards have text like "Tap this reacting
> X." or "tap this X and...". In this case, the tap is just a side effect and
> the card can be combined with Wake. Example: Wake + Car Bomb works.

Again, does it matter, as the minion plays the card as though untapped.

> So only reaction cards that have text templates like "tap this X to..." or
> "tap the reacting X to..." require the tap (and don't work with Wake)?
>
> //Petri

Realized this just after the tournament ;-)

--
Ville Takanen

LSJ

Feb 21, 2005, 8:33:50 AM2/21/05