LSJ Voter captivation and Firebrand

Cooper

Aug 6, 2009, 6:31:33 AM8/6/09
Hi LSJ, and others,

Someone plays Firebrand, and the vote passes. I was wondering, is
there a time window in which you can you use firebrand, before playing
a votercap?

thx!

LSJ

Aug 6, 2009, 6:44:47 AM8/6/09

You can't cast the new extra vote from the Firebrand in the referendum that has
already been successful in placing the Firebrand, no.

Cooper

Aug 6, 2009, 6:47:03 AM8/6/09

Heh, that part i understood already, thx. votes have been cast
already.

What i meant was the other part of firebrand. Can i burn a blood to
untap an anarch, before playing votercap (thereby filling her up
completely again)

LSJ

Aug 6, 2009, 6:55:01 AM8/6/09

Ah. That you can do, yes.

Blooded Sand

Aug 6, 2009, 7:49:05 AM8/6/09

Vampire x, x-1,x-2 and x-3 are all anarch
X calls RC. Can you use the firebrands tio untap all anrchs younger
that were tapped to allow mass untapping and retapping for the same
RC, or is it only usable to untap them for the second RC?

Firebrand
Type: Political Action
Requires: anarch
Requires an anarch.
If this referendum is successful, put this card on the acting anarch.
This anarch gets 1 additional vote during a political action. During
your minion phase, this anarch can burn 1 blood to untap a ready
younger anarch. Burn this card if this anarch goes to torpor. An
anarch may have only 1 Firebrand.

LSJ

Aug 6, 2009, 7:57:42 AM8/6/09
Blooded Sand wrote:
> On Aug 6, 12:55 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
>> Cooper wrote:
>>> Heh, that part i understood already, thx. votes have been cast
>>> already.
>>> What i meant was the other part of firebrand. Can i burn a blood to
>>> untap an anarch, before playing votercap (thereby filling her up
>>> completely again)
>> Ah. That you can do, yes.
>
> Vampire x, x-1,x-2 and x-3 are all anarch
> X calls RC.

RC?

Blooded Sand

Aug 6, 2009, 8:05:01 AM8/6/09
On Aug 6, 1:57 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> Blooded Sand wrote:
> >> Ah. That you can do, yes.
>
> > Vampire x, x-1,x-2 and x-3 are all anarch
> > X calls RC.
>
> RC?
Revolutionary Council.
Takes way too long to type out ;)
Plus I'm lazy...

Reyda !

Aug 6, 2009, 8:09:12 AM8/6/09
RC is there for Revolutionnary council i guess... :)

Salem

Aug 6, 2009, 8:13:15 AM8/6/09
LSJ wrote:
> Blooded Sand wrote:

>>> Ah. That you can do, yes.
>>
>> Vampire x, x-1,x-2 and x-3 are all anarch
>> X calls RC.
>
> RC?

My guess is Revolutionary Council.

And the answer is no, from RC's card text. You choose X all at once, at
the start. Even if you untap them later you'd still be only choosing X
distinct anarchs, not 2X.

> Can you use the firebrands tio untap all anrchs younger
>> that were tapped to allow mass untapping and retapping for the same
>> RC, or is it only usable to untap them for the second RC?

Second RC. Still fun though.

--
salem
(replace 'hotmail' with 'gmail' to email)

LSJ

Aug 6, 2009, 8:20:09 AM8/6/09
Salem wrote:
> LSJ wrote:
>> Blooded Sand wrote:
>>> Vampire x, x-1,x-2 and x-3 are all anarch
>>> X calls RC.
>>
>> RC?
>
> My guess is Revolutionary Council.
>
> And the answer is no, from RC's card text. You choose X all at once, at
> the start. Even if you untap them later you'd still be only choosing X
> distinct anarchs, not 2X.

Correct.

Blooded Sand

Aug 6, 2009, 8:31:47 AM8/6/09

Works with domain challenge though, correct?

Cooper

Aug 6, 2009, 8:48:46 AM8/6/09
On 6 aug, 14:13, Salem <kella...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> LSJ wrote:
> > Blooded Sand wrote:
>
> >> Vampire x, x-1,x-2 and x-3 are all anarch
> >> X calls RC.
>
> > RC?
>
> My guess is Revolutionary Council.
>
> And the answer is no, from RC's card text. You choose X all at once, at
> the start. Even if you untap them later you'd still be only choosing X
> distinct anarchs, not 2X.
>
> >  Can you use the firebrands tio untap all anrchs younger
> >> that were tapped to allow mass untapping and retapping for the same
> >> RC, or is it only usable to untap them for the second RC?
>
> Second RC. Still fun though.

Fun, yes...but i dont think it is very viable.
You would need lots of small vamps to really make use of that. you
need lots of firebrands that are usable => many different capacities.
you need at least 2 barons (5+cap) to play it twice.

You would need a breed machine to do this i think,...and for breed-
machines there are easier ways to win, and this system is pretty
fragile.

Blooded Sand

Aug 6, 2009, 9:04:11 AM8/6/09

What you would actually need is a crypt that scales well, from 11 down
to 1 cpas, one of each preferably
Then get big un out, use Dom or Pre to bring the smaller ones out

Cooper

Aug 6, 2009, 9:10:25 AM8/6/09

Same thing. way too much set up time.
You need to breed, you need to get anarch, you need to get firebranded
(and be sure that is unblocked and passes)
you need to get baron, and only after all those steps you start doing
damage to your prey. he already has 3 VP's by then :-)

Johannes Walch

Aug 6, 2009, 10:12:30 AM8/6/09
Cooper schrieb:

I agree. Firebrand is pretty good stand-alone. 1 additional vote and
perma-untap, whats not to like? RC is a oust-now card anyway so I
wouldn�t play more than 2-3 in a given deck. The good thing is with FB
you can still vote KRC with a weenie, then untap and still make him
count for +2 in the RC.

Blooded Sand

Aug 6, 2009, 10:34:55 AM8/6/09

Hmmmmm deck idea brewing, back soon!