A Circle With Oneself?

Halcyan 2

Jun 9, 2002, 4:15:06 PM6/9/02
<< Q: What happens when, say, Ian Forestal plays a Sanguinus card or when a
Blood Brother creates an Embrace?
A: A vampire without a circle designation is assumed to be the only member of
his circle - a circle of one. As such, most Sanguinus cards will have little
benefit to him. >>

A quick question: Exactly how does this "circle of one" thing work? Is it
effectively text that says: "[This Vampire] Circle"? (Though clearly different
Aabbt Kindred, different Embraces, etc. would each be in their own Circle). In
addition, is an Illusory copy of the same vampire in that same circle? For
example, if Ian Forestal plays an Illusions of the Kindred to create an
illusory copy of himself, are the two Ians in the same Circle? (Though of
course you'd still have to deal with the necessity of being a Blood Brother
part). Or are each of the Ians in their own circle? I guess it all depends on
the specific mechanics of a "circle of one"...

Halcyan 2

LSJ

Jun 9, 2002, 5:08:44 PM6/9/02
Halcyan 2 wrote:

> << Q: What happens when, say, Ian Forestal plays a Sanguinus card or when a
> Blood Brother creates an Embrace?
> A: A vampire without a circle designation is assumed to be the only member of
> his circle - a circle of one. As such, most Sanguinus cards will have little
> benefit to him. >>
>
> A quick question: Exactly how does this "circle of one" thing work? Is it
> effectively text that says: "[This Vampire] Circle"? (Though clearly different

It is "<Some distinct name> Circle", where "<some distinct name>" is distinct from
all the other circles.

> Aabbt Kindred, different Embraces, etc. would each be in their own Circle). In
> addition, is an Illusory copy of the same vampire in that same circle? For

No.
The vampire is in a circle of one.
There cannot be two vampires in a circle of one.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/