[LSJ]Huitzilopochtli

1 vue

Julien Moisy

non lue,
17 déc. 2002, 12:26:3017/12/2002
Can I pay more than one pool in order to gain many master during my master phase.

LSJ

non lue,
17 déc. 2002, 12:36:2417/12/2002
Julien Moisy wrote:

> Can I pay more than one pool in order to gain many master during my master phase.

No.
"During X, Do Y" allows only 1 Y each X.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Johannes Walch

non lue,
17 déc. 2002, 18:37:3117/12/2002
> No.
> "During X, Do Y" allows only 1 Y each X.

Huitzilopochtli : During your master phase you may pay a pool to gain a
master phase action ...
Limited to 1.

Maris Streck : Maris can burn a blood to give a blocking minion +1
intercept.
No "During" so it is not limited to 1 ? Is this a general rule ?

Hmm, there come other questions to my mind :

- Can you force the intercept on a minion ?
Example: Player A calls a Vote at +3 stealth and Player B plays a 2nd
Tradition to be untapped but fails to block. Can you (Player C) burn a blood
on Maris to force Player B愀 minion to block ?

- Why does it say "a blocking minion" ? Shouldn愒 it be "a minion attempting
to block" ? If he/she "is blocking" that implies that the block is somehow
successfull. But my English is not too good i might be wrong on this one.

--
johannes walch
v:ekn germany - http://www.vekn.de

Nova_Arpad

non lue,
18 déc. 2002, 04:58:2918/12/2002
"Johannes Walch" <joha...@scram.de> wrote in message news:<atocft$3il$1...@stu1id2.ip.tesion.net>...

<snip>

> - Why does it say "a blocking minion" ? Shouldn´t it be "a minion attempting

> to block" ? If he/she "is blocking" that implies that the block is somehow
> successfull. But my English is not too good i might be wrong on this one.

Isn't "a minion attempting to block" and "a blocking minion" the same
thing, just used different words?

Andreas Nusser

non lue,
18 déc. 2002, 05:06:3818/12/2002

No! It is not the same. If someone is attempting, he may not block at
all, while a blocking minion refers to an actual block.

--
Andreas Nusser
www.vekn.de

reyda

non lue,
18 déc. 2002, 06:47:5018/12/2002
Andreas Nusser wrote:

:: Nova_Arpad wrote:
::: "Johannes Walch" <joha...@scram.de> wrote in message
::: news:<atocft$3il$1...@stu1id2.ip.tesion.net>...
:::
::: <snip>
:::
:::: - Why does it say "a blocking minion" ? Shouldn´t it be "a
:::: minion attempting to block" ? If he/she "is blocking" that
:::: implies that the block is somehow successfull. But my English is
:::: not too good i might be wrong on this one.
:::
::: Isn't "a minion attempting to block" and "a blocking minion" the
::: same thing, just used different words?
::
::
:: No! It is not the same. If someone is attempting, he may not block

not true. Elses Maris streck's special would never function if the action
you try to block starts at +1 stealth...
A blocking minion is a minion attempting to block. Remember you can always
use cards to make the block fail like psychomachia or eleder impersonation.

Andreas Nusser

non lue,
18 déc. 2002, 07:04:4418/12/2002

Well, maybe my English isn´t that good but attempting means "trying to"
while blocking means in this "already blocked" but can still be modified
with a block fail or something similar.

#The sentence you cut was actually refering to this "attempting" term.
..., he may not be able to block (by means of intercept)but still try to
block. While blocking means already blocked (by intercept means)

LSJ

non lue,
18 déc. 2002, 07:48:4118/12/2002
Johannes Walch wrote:

> > No.
> > "During X, Do Y" allows only 1 Y each X.
>
> Huitzilopochtli : During your master phase you may pay a pool to gain a
> master phase action ...
> Limited to 1.
>
> Maris Streck : Maris can burn a blood to give a blocking minion +1
> intercept.
> No "During" so it is not limited to 1 ? Is this a general rule ?

Yes.

> Hmm, there come other questions to my mind :
>
> - Can you force the intercept on a minion ?
> Example: Player A calls a Vote at +3 stealth and Player B plays a 2nd
> Tradition to be untapped but fails to block. Can you (Player C) burn a blood
> on Maris to force Player B愀 minion to block ?

You can add the intercept to a blocking minion who doesn't want it to help
the block succeed, yes.

> - Why does it say "a blocking minion" ? Shouldn愒 it be "a minion attempting
> to block" ? If he/she "is blocking" that implies that the block is somehow
> successfull. But my English is not too good i might be wrong on this one.

A minion attempting to block is a "blocking minion" for this usage.
See section 6.2.2.2

0 nouveau message