Temptation and Nakhthorheb

tbz_...@hotmail.com

Aug 4, 2008, 8:53:23 AM8/4/08
(had a quick couple of searches, and couldn't find something similar)

Given Temptation of your own vampire is possible, and that burning
temptation counters allows you to untap and take control of your own
vamp for a second action - my question is this: Is this a new "minion
phase" for that minion?
If I tempt Nakhthorheb and burn counters does he get to use his
special untap again?

witness1

Aug 4, 2008, 8:57:47 AM8/4/08

There is only one minion phase per turn, not one per minion.

-witness1

tbz_...@hotmail.com

Aug 4, 2008, 9:33:01 AM8/4/08

True, and temptation *shouldn't* make him appear as a newly controlled
minion in the minion phase (as per compel the spirit) otherwise
tempted vamps could theoretically bleed twice a turn, but I'm not
positive, hence the question.
Admittedly, theres a huge gulf between a minion being burned and a new
copy of it being compelled into play and a vamp being tempted and
taken controlled of, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Malone

Aug 4, 2008, 9:39:46 AM8/4/08

Activating Temptation doesn't give the minion a clean slate. Only a
trip to the ash heap can erase its history.

James Coupe

Aug 4, 2008, 1:17:46 PM8/4/08
In message <67071d0c-a202-4c47...@k30g2000hse.googlegroup

s.com>, Malone <kffo...@indiana.edu> writes:
>Activating Temptation doesn't give the minion a clean slate. Only a
>trip to the ash heap can erase its history.

ObPedantry: A trip through the crypt can do it too.

(Yes, you *could* do this with Chain of Command, Kindred Intelligence
and Undue Influence, or a similar set-up. If this ever happens, let me
know and I'll buy you a lolly.)

--
James Coupe
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D YOU ARE IN ERROR.

LSJ

Aug 4, 2008, 1:43:36 PM8/4/08
James Coupe wrote:
> In message <67071d0c-a202-4c47...@k30g2000hse.googlegroup
> s.com>, Malone <kffo...@indiana.edu> writes:
>> Activating Temptation doesn't give the minion a clean slate. Only a
>> trip to the ash heap can erase its history.
>
> ObPedantry: A trip through the crypt can do it too.

As could a trip through the library (depending on the nature of the minion).