another Inscription question

6 vues

Joshua Duffin

non lue,
21 nov. 2003, 13:02:4521/11/2003
If Reverend Blackwood plays Magic of the Smith to equip with an
Inscription, can he put it on a vampire other than himself? If so,
presumably the Magic of the Smith remains undirected?

Josh

or he can't put it on someone else, and then Magicing for Inscription is
not so useful...

Metropolis

non lue,
21 nov. 2003, 13:20:2721/11/2003

> If Reverend Blackwood plays Magic of the Smith to equip with an
> Inscription, can he put it on a vampire other than himself? If so,
> presumably the Magic of the Smith remains undirected?
While I am sure you are waiting for LSJ, I will poke at this question,

Magic of the Smith
+1 stealth action. [tha] Go through your library, find a piece of equipment,
and equip the acting vampire. (Pay cost to equip.) Reshuffle afterwards.
[THA] As above, but as a +3 stealth action.

"Equip the acting vampire"

So if you got the Leather Jacket, you would untap at the end of the turn.
yadda yadda..

Inscription
Equipment. [tha] Put this equipment on a ready vampire and put a card that
requires Thaumaturgy from your hand on it (this acting vampire pays the cost
of that card). The vampire with this equipment can burn this equipment to
use the basic Thaumaturgy ability of that card. [THA] As above, but the
vampire can use the superior Thaumaturgy ability of the card.

If you have this equipment, you can't take the action to "put it on a ready
vampire".

My Answer:
Rev BW performs MoS, chooses Inscription. He has Superior THA so the
superior text applies. Then he may put it on another ready minion as normal
equipping of Inscription.

I think this card should be like Palatial Estate, it does not count as
equipment until in play....

I thought I knew, now I know I do not as much as I thought...

Good Luck,

David

LSJ

non lue,
21 nov. 2003, 14:02:5921/11/2003
Joshua Duffin wrote:
> If Reverend Blackwood plays Magic of the Smith to equip with an
> Inscription, can he put it on a vampire other than himself? If so,

No. "Equip this acting vampire with it."

> presumably the Magic of the Smith remains undirected?

Presumably, but moot.

> Josh
>
> or he can't put it on someone else, and then Magicing for Inscription is
> not so useful...

This.

See also Compel the Spiriting Charnas.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Chris Shorb

non lue,
22 nov. 2003, 00:55:3422/11/2003

Metropolis wrote:

> Inscription
> Equipment. [tha] Put this equipment on a ready vampire and put a card that
> requires Thaumaturgy from your hand on it (this acting vampire pays the cost
> of that card). The vampire with this equipment can burn this equipment to
> use the basic Thaumaturgy ability of that card. [THA] As above, but the
> vampire can use the superior Thaumaturgy ability of the card.

My question about this card - what use is it? I can see it cycles a little, but
since you already have tha, wouldn't you just be able to play the card anyway?
I don't know, seems pretty pants to me.

chris

--
chris shorb
<www.vtesinla.org> (A V:TES site)

salem

non lue,
22 nov. 2003, 02:26:1222/11/2003
On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 05:55:34 GMT, Chris Shorb <chr...@vtesinla.org>
scrawled:

>Metropolis wrote:
>
>> Inscription
>> Equipment. [tha] Put this equipment on a ready vampire and put a card that
>> requires Thaumaturgy from your hand on it (this acting vampire pays the cost
>> of that card). The vampire with this equipment can burn this equipment to
>> use the basic Thaumaturgy ability of that card. [THA] As above, but the
>> vampire can use the superior Thaumaturgy ability of the card.
>>

>My question about this card - what use is it? I can see it cycles a little, but
>since you already have tha, wouldn't you just be able to play the card anyway?
>I don't know, seems pretty pants to me.

you can put it on someone ELSE, who doesn't necessarily have tha.

salem
domain:canberra http://www.geocities.com/salem_christ.geo/vtes.htm

John Flournoy

non lue,
22 nov. 2003, 10:50:3022/11/2003
Chris Shorb <chr...@vtesinla.org> wrote in message news:<3FBEFC2F...@vtesinla.org>...

> Metropolis wrote:
>
> > Inscription
> > Equipment. [tha] Put this equipment on a ready vampire and put a card that
> > requires Thaumaturgy from your hand on it (this acting vampire pays the cost
> > of that card). The vampire with this equipment can burn this equipment to
> > use the basic Thaumaturgy ability of that card. [THA] As above, but the
> > vampire can use the superior Thaumaturgy ability of the card.
> >

> My question about this card - what use is it? I can see it cycles a little, but
> since you already have tha, wouldn't you just be able to play the card anyway?
> I don't know, seems pretty pants to me.
>
> chris
>
> --
> chris shorb

I expect one use that will pop up a number of times is 'some of my
crypt has THA and the rest no tha/THA, so I'll add 4 inscriptions and
4 rutor's hands to rutor my whole ready region once the first THA
minion hits the table...', especially since they can offer a Rutor's
cross-table as a bribe.

-John Flournoy

Chris Shorb

non lue,
23 nov. 2003, 11:01:0323/11/2003

salem wrote:

They say reading card text is a useful thing, sorry for hitting send before engaging
brain...

Dieter

non lue,
23 nov. 2003, 21:09:3823/11/2003
flou...@rcn.com (John Flournoy) wrote in message news:

> I expect one use that will pop up a number of times is 'some of my
> crypt has THA and the rest no tha/THA, so I'll add 4 inscriptions and
> 4 rutor's hands to rutor my whole ready region once the first THA
> minion hits the table...', especially since they can offer a Rutor's
> cross-table as a bribe.
>
> -John Flournoy

That's exactly what i was thinking of as i first read this card. But i
have another question:

Does the 2nd vampire also have to pay for the Rutor's Hand or are its
costs considered to be already paid by the first one who played the
inscription?

Would anyone please enlighten me?

Thanks

Dieter Ahrweiler

Colin McGuigan

non lue,
23 nov. 2003, 22:12:5823/11/2003
Dieter wrote:
> That's exactly what i was thinking of as i first read this card. But i
> have another question:
>
> Does the 2nd vampire also have to pay for the Rutor's Hand or are its
> costs considered to be already paid by the first one who played the
> inscription?
>
> Would anyone please enlighten me?

The 1 blood point cost is paid by the inscriber, as per the card text.

The three blood to prevent the point of agg damage that is an option at
THA is not a cost to play the card, per se, and so would be paid (or
not) by the target vampire.

--Colin McGuigan

John Flournoy

non lue,
24 nov. 2003, 10:42:4524/11/2003
Colin McGuigan <maguaSP...@speakeasy.net> wrote in message news:<IkSdnaXXnqD...@speakeasy.net>...

Of course, cross-table you might not choose to give the other vampire
the option of the superior version. :P

> --Colin McGuigan

-John Flournoy

0 nouveau message