Blood Brothers - Octopod Question

ORi

Feb 15, 2002, 5:19:04 AM2/15/02
I'm sure it must have been answered before but I can't find it.

Situation:
Vamp A, B, C Blood Brothers from the same circle (with SAN), vamp A is
in combat.

Can vamps B, C both play Octopod to give vamp A 4 additional strikes?

As stated in rulebook, "A minion cannot use more than one card or
effect to gain additional strikes per round of combat." but since they
are different minions who play Octopod, is it legal? is it considered
both Octopods as the same effect?

tx, ORi

LSJ

Feb 15, 2002, 6:36:40 AM2/15/02
ORi wrote:

> I'm sure it must have been answered before but I can't find it.
>
> Situation:
> Vamp A, B, C Blood Brothers from the same circle (with SAN), vamp A is
> in combat.
>
> Can vamps B, C both play Octopod to give vamp A 4 additional strikes?

No.
See http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/BLbbr.html

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Shaun McIsaac

Feb 15, 2002, 2:35:57 PM2/15/02
If Vampire B is controled by another meth, can they octopod?

Sorrow

Feb 16, 2002, 9:21:14 AM2/16/02
> No.
> See http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/BLbbr.html

Can the vamp in combat use Octopod? Or does it have to be
a vamp outside of combat? I'm confused because it says both:

"Requires a Blood Brother of the same circle as another one
in combat"

but then it also says

"Can be used by a vampire even if he or she is not involved in
the combat."

_Can be used...even if not involved_... That makes me think
that the vamp in combat can use it. But then the first sentance
makes me think that it can't.
Please clarify?

Sorrow
---
I told the priest - don't count on any second coming. God got his
ass kicked the first time he came down here slumming. He had the
balls to come, the gall to die and then forgive us. No, I don't
wonder why, I wonder what he thought it would get us

James Coupe

Feb 16, 2002, 9:38:03 AM2/16/02
In message <u6sqmtj...@corp.supernews.com>, Sorrow <cbo...@apdi.net>
writes:

>"Requires a Blood Brother of the same circle as another one
>in combat"
>
>but then it also says
>
>"Can be used by a vampire even if he or she is not involved in
>the combat."
>
>_Can be used...even if not involved_... That makes me think
>that the vamp in combat can use it. But then the first sentance
>makes me think that it can't.
>Please clarify?

The second sentence clarifies that it can be played without being in
combat - which you would normally need.

And it *could* be played by an opposing vampire. Chicago BB vs Chicago
BB, say.

But it can't be played by the recipient - since he is not "another"
vampire.

--
James Coupe but I lust after the raw pow0r of c.
PGP 0x5D623D5D together with the humping great

LSJ

Feb 16, 2002, 12:02:36 PM2/16/02
James Coupe wrote:
> Sorrow <cbo...@apdi.net> writes:
> >"Requires a Blood Brother of the same circle as another one
> >in combat"
> >
> >but then it also says
> >
> >"Can be used by a vampire even if he or she is not involved in
> >the combat."
> >
> >_Can be used...even if not involved_... That makes me think
> >that the vamp in combat can use it. But then the first sentance
> >makes me think that it can't.
> >Please clarify?
>
> The second sentence clarifies that it can be played without being in
> combat - which you would normally need.
>
> And it *could* be played by an opposing vampire. Chicago BB vs Chicago
> BB, say.
>
> But it can't be played by the recipient - since he is not "another"
> vampire.

Correct, per [LSJ 01-JAN-2002] response to the same question(er).

Sorrow

Feb 16, 2002, 2:49:07 PM2/16/02
> Correct, per [LSJ 01-JAN-2002] response to the same question(er).

I thought I had asked the question before, but for some reason, I couldn't
find it on Google. :|

Sorry for the brain fart!

Sorrow
---
"Just once I'd like a childhood memory I don't have to repress."
- Malcolm