(LSJ) Sudario questions

floppyzedolfin

Jul 22, 2009, 2:51:56 PM7/22/09
Hello,

Here are two questions for which I am not sure of the answers.

Q1 - Suppose I play Sudario Refraction, and set these terms: Sudario
Refraction (1), Call of the Hungry Dead (1), Deflection (2). [In
parentheses are the number of cards with that name in my ash heap].
My predator uses his Erciyes Fragment during the action, removing the
Call of the Hungry Dead from my ash heap. There is no bock attempt
during the action, and we reach resolution.
What happens next? Is it:
a - Nothing. No card moves, I do not discard 3 cards.
or
b - All the cards that could move from my ash heap to the top of my
library I move, then I discard 3 (independently of the number of cards
moved previously) cards at random, and draw back to hand size.

Q2 - When setting the terms for Sudario Refraction, does one choose
specific cards in one's ash heap, or does one choose names of cards?
Example: I play Sudario Refraction on Sudario Refraction (1), Call of
the Hungry Dead (1), and Deflection (2). My predator uses his/her
Erciyes Fragment to remove the Call of the Hungry Dead from my ash
heap. In the process of the action, I play a Call of the Hungry Dead.
The action is not blocked and we reach resolution.
What happens next? Is it
a - Nothing, just as above.
or
b - I move the cards which match the names I gave when announcing the
action terms to the top of my library, discard 3 cards at random, and
draw back to hand size.

Thanks.

~~

Sudario Refraction
Cardtype: Action
Clan: Giovanni
+1 stealth action.
Choose three cards in your ash heap and move them to the top of your
library. Then discard three cards at random from your hand (and draw
up to your hand size afterward).

LSJ

Jul 22, 2009, 3:07:51 PM7/22/09
floppyzedolfin wrote:
> Q1 - Suppose I play Sudario Refraction, and set these terms: Sudario
> Refraction (1), Call of the Hungry Dead (1), Deflection (2). [In
> parentheses are the number of cards with that name in my ash heap].
> My predator uses his Erciyes Fragment during the action, removing the
> Call of the Hungry Dead from my ash heap. There is no bock attempt
> during the action, and we reach resolution.
> What happens next? Is it:
> a - Nothing. No card moves, I do not discard 3 cards.
> or
> b - All the cards that could move from my ash heap to the top of my
> library I move, then I discard 3 (independently of the number of cards
> moved previously) cards at random, and draw back to hand size.

b.

> Q2 - When setting the terms for Sudario Refraction, does one choose
> specific cards in one's ash heap, or does one choose names of cards?

Names.

> Example: I play Sudario Refraction on Sudario Refraction (1), Call of
> the Hungry Dead (1), and Deflection (2). My predator uses his/her
> Erciyes Fragment to remove the Call of the Hungry Dead from my ash
> heap. In the process of the action, I play a Call of the Hungry Dead.
> The action is not blocked and we reach resolution.
> What happens next? Is it
> a - Nothing, just as above.
> or
> b - I move the cards which match the names I gave when announcing the
> action terms to the top of my library, discard 3 cards at random, and
> draw back to hand size.

b.