LSJ: Various questions asked at Powerbase Montreal 2002

4 vues

GP41

non lue,
25 avr. 2002, 00:24:1225/04/2002
Hi all,

I had my first head judge experience at this tournament. I made some
hard judgement on card text. But wondering if my calls were wrong, I've
decided to asked them here.

1) Can the minion created by Call the Great Beast act the same turn that
the card was burned?

2) Combat situation involving Darkness Within:

Vamp A (5 blood)enters in combat vs Vamp B(3 blood)
Vamp A plays a Darkness Within and then a Torn Signpost (both at
superior
Vamp A strikes for 3
Vamp B strikes for 1

Does Vamp A's strike will take effect first or second in regards of DW
effect?
Will Vamp B go into torpor?

3)a) A Methuselah takes control of an Ally via Far Mastery, that ally is
burned, does the ally go back in the owner's ash heap(even if ousted),
or simply stays in the controler's ash heap? My concern was if somebody
could be possible to bring back that ally from the ash heap (Compel the
Spirit) to it's latest controller.

b) Same question, but with burned vampire who's control was stolen
with a Grave Robbing? Concern this time is regarding vampire brought
back with Possession, or the use of Mark of the Damned.

4) Does a vampire brought into play via Soul Gem will be burned, if the
same copy of that vamp is in torpor(Same Methuselah)?

5) Finally, the question I've been willing to ask for a while now:

Can an ally gain life in combat with the use of Taste of Vitae or Blood
Tears of Kephran, if the Ally card says "Ally may play cards requiring
basic discipline as a vampire with a capacity of 3. If a card would
give him blood, give him life". The Ally card does mention that he
plays card like a vampire, but is it exclusively for the discipline
cards mentioned, or cards in general?

Thank you All!

GP41

LSJ

non lue,
25 avr. 2002, 07:54:5225/04/2002
GP41 wrote:
> 1) Can the minion created by Call the Great Beast act the same turn that
> the card was burned?

Yes.

> 2) Combat situation involving Darkness Within:
>
> Vamp A (5 blood)enters in combat vs Vamp B(3 blood)
> Vamp A plays a Darkness Within and then a Torn Signpost (both at
> superior
> Vamp A strikes for 3
> Vamp B strikes for 1
>
> Does Vamp A's strike will take effect first or second in regards of DW
> effect?

"Second" will achieve the correct result.
The strikes actually take effect simultaneously with the DW movement of
blood. And then you move on to the damage resolution portion of strike
resolution.

> Will Vamp B go into torpor?

Yes.

> 3)a) A Methuselah takes control of an Ally via Far Mastery, that ally is
> burned, does the ally go back in the owner's ash heap(even if ousted),
> or simply stays in the controler's ash heap? My concern was if somebody
> could be possible to bring back that ally from the ash heap (Compel the
> Spirit) to it's latest controller.

A burned card goes to owner's ash heap [1.1.2]

> b) Same question, but with burned vampire who's control was stolen
> with a Grave Robbing? Concern this time is regarding vampire brought
> back with Possession, or the use of Mark of the Damned.

Same answer. [1.1.2]

> 4) Does a vampire brought into play via Soul Gem will be burned, if the
> same copy of that vamp is in torpor(Same Methuselah)?

Yes. Forced self-contesting is resolved by burning the incoming copy
without contesting.

> 5) Finally, the question I've been willing to ask for a while now:
>
> Can an ally gain life in combat with the use of Taste of Vitae or Blood
> Tears of Kephran, if the Ally card says "Ally may play cards requiring
> basic discipline as a vampire with a capacity of 3. If a card would
> give him blood, give him life". The Ally card does mention that he
> plays card like a vampire, but is it exclusively for the discipline
> cards mentioned, or cards in general?

For the discipline mentioned, per card text.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

0 nouveau message