Brothers' Blood Q

1 vue

Joshua Duffin

non lue,
13 févr. 2002, 14:57:5213/02/2002
Does the not-in-combat Blood Brother paying for
damage with Brothers' Blood (text: "This vampire
can burn his or her own blood to heal or prevent
destruction from damage taken by a member of this
circle in combat.") count as "taking" the damage
for purposes of, eg, Masochism ("Whenever damage
is successfully inflicted on this vampire, put 1
rush counter on this card for each point of damage.")
or Ex Nihilo ("this vampire is immune to non-
aggravated damage.")?

I'm guessing it doesn't work, due to the "burn blood"
phrasing (rather than some hypothetical "take the
damage for" phrasing), but wanted to check.

Thanks,

Josh

ex what?

LSJ

non lue,
13 févr. 2002, 15:03:5313/02/2002
Joshua Duffin wrote:

> Does the not-in-combat Blood Brother paying for
> damage with Brothers' Blood (text: "This vampire
> can burn his or her own blood to heal or prevent
> destruction from damage taken by a member of this
> circle in combat.") count as "taking" the damage
> for purposes of, eg, Masochism ("Whenever damage
> is successfully inflicted on this vampire, put 1
> rush counter on this card for each point of damage.")
> or Ex Nihilo ("this vampire is immune to non-
> aggravated damage.")?

No.

> I'm guessing it doesn't work, due to the "burn blood"
> phrasing (rather than some hypothetical "take the
> damage for" phrasing), but wanted to check.

Right.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

0 nouveau message