Week of Nightmares, Second Sunday

Wanderer's Counsel

Oct 8, 2006, 6:01:10 PM10/8/06
Twenty eight players gathered for the Shadow Twin constructed
tournament opposite the championship. Fletcher Gibson from Seattle
pulled out the win with a Samedi deck.

Forty players played in the NACC event itself.
The finals are going on now.

The Lasombra

Oct 8, 2006, 10:22:21 PM10/8/06
On 8 Oct 2006 15:01:10 -0700, "Wanderer's Counsel"
<akun...@gmail.com> wrote:

Patrick Lusk won the North American Continental Championship and more
prizes that he could carry in both hands with items draped over both
shoulders. He will definitely be visiting the Post Office in the
airport prior to his flight home.

Congratulations to all of the winners during the entire week.

Bounties collected:
Ahrimanes (Strength of the Bear) -- Hugh Angseesing
Anarchs (Fee Stake: Corte) -- John McGlynn
Followers of Set (Truth of a Thousand Lies) -- Bob Joseph
Ravnos (Wamukota) -- Shawn Stanley
Trophy (Safe Passage) -- Norman Brown
Tzimisce (Soul Decoration) -- Stefan Ferenci

The Third Edition, Assamite and Gargoyle bounties were not collected.

Instability was awarded to Fletcher for his Shadow Twin tournament
win.

The EdgeKeeper award (Esteem) went to Hugh Angseesing with 21 game
wins during the week.

Jeff Holt showed up on Sunday, and spent 2-3 hours conversing with
players, watching the finals, and playing other games with L. Scott
Johnson.

Special thanks are due to Oscar Garza for ensuring the hotel room
space and the beer, Jon Sushinsky for running the all-nighter
tournaments, and L. Scott Johnson for judging the qualifier and the
championship events. The Week of Nightmares would have been a pale
thing without their tremendous contributions.

See you next year in LA.

http://nac.vtesinla.org

http://www.white-wolf.com/index.php?line=news&articleid=600

Anthony.T...@gmail.com

Oct 9, 2006, 6:38:59 AM10/9/06

The Lasombra wrote:

> Bounties collected:

> Trophy (Safe Passage) -- Norman Brown

It would have been a grave injustive if it hadn't gone to Norm
'Trophies and 10caps' Brown - was it a Basilia multirush deck?

> The EdgeKeeper award (Esteem) went to Hugh Angseesing with 21 game
> wins during the week.

UK for teh Win !!!!11one

Looking forward for a report on the 1st and second day of the NAC,
decks and such..

Anthony

Kushiel

Oct 9, 2006, 12:08:54 PM10/9/06
The Lasombra wrote:
> Patrick Lusk won the North American Continental Championship and more
> prizes that he could carry in both hands with items draped over both
> shoulders.

Congratulations, Pat! Well done!

John Eno

OrgPlay

Oct 9, 2006, 12:44:54 PM10/9/06
Congratulations to all the winners this week, we had a great time.

> Special thanks are due to Oscar Garza for ensuring the hotel room
> space and the beer, Jon Sushinsky for running the all-nighter
> tournaments, and L. Scott Johnson for judging the qualifier and the
> championship events. The Week of Nightmares would have been a pale
> thing without their tremendous contributions.

I'd like to thank The Lasombra as well. The events, the product, the
reporting. Everything was super awesome. Thank you so much.

oscar

Xian

Oct 9, 2006, 1:10:07 PM10/9/06
On Oct 8, 7:22 pm, The Lasombra <TheLasom...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >The finals are going on now.Patrick Lusk won the North American Continental Championship and more

> prizes that he could carry in both hands with items draped over both
> shoulders. He will definitely be visiting the Post Office in the
> airport prior to his flight home.

Nice job, Pat!

Uh, that is all...

Xian

Blooded Sand

Oct 9, 2006, 2:57:35 PM10/9/06

The Lasombra wrote:
-snip-

> Bounties collected:
> Ahrimanes (Strength of the Bear) -- Hugh Angseesing
> Anarchs (Fee Stake: Corte) -- John McGlynn
> Followers of Set (Truth of a Thousand Lies) -- Bob Joseph
> Ravnos (Wamukota) -- Shawn Stanley
> Trophy (Safe Passage) -- Norman Brown
> Tzimisce (Soul Decoration) -- Stefan Ferenci
>
> The Third Edition, Assamite and Gargoyle bounties were not collected.
-snip-

What are these bounties? Thanks

John Flournoy

Oct 9, 2006, 4:01:45 PM10/9/06

Anthony.T...@gmail.com wrote:
> The Lasombra wrote:
>
> > Bounties collected:
> > Trophy (Safe Passage) -- Norman Brown
>
> It would have been a grave injustive if it hadn't gone to Norm
> 'Trophies and 10caps' Brown - was it a Basilia multirush deck?

It was indeed Basilia multi-rush. According to Norm, someone else (I
don't know who offhand) apparently was also playing a Trophy deck with
some success and had him unsure he'd get the bounty.

> Anthony

-John Flournoy

XZealot

Oct 9, 2006, 5:17:51 PM10/9/06

There was a Jaroslav deck by Adam Hulse of New York (?) that played
Trophy: Domain on a table I was briefly on before being taken down by a
horde of Tupdogs. I never saw him red list anyone though.

I was playing Basilia Multi-rush both days. I burned many minions over
the weekend including 8 Malkavians, 2 Imbued a 3 Tupdogs, Gideon
Fontain, Leandro and Arika.

'Twas much fun.

Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr
XZealot
Archon of the Swamp

Salem

Oct 9, 2006, 5:20:59 PM10/9/06
XZealot wrote:

> I was playing Basilia Multi-rush both days. I burned many minions over
> the weekend including 8 Malkavians, 2 Imbued a 3 Tupdogs, Gideon
> Fontain, Leandro and Arika.

:)

You've made the world a better place, Norm. Keep it up!

--
salem
http://users.tpg.com.au/adsltqna/vtes/

Salem

Oct 9, 2006, 5:22:37 PM10/9/06

I'm not sure how you could have missed TheLasombra's numerous postings
on this, but in a nutshell:

Copies of the original artwork for the mentioned cards. Won by playing a
deck of that type and doing well.

Blooded Sand

Oct 9, 2006, 7:10:08 PM10/9/06

Ah. So what would the orinigal piece for the Assamite bounty be? And
will it be kept till next year's NAC?

might make it worth to try to get to the States...

The Lasombra

Oct 9, 2006, 7:28:44 PM10/9/06
On 9 Oct 2006 16:10:08 -0700, "Blooded Sand" <sand...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Ah. So what would the orinigal piece for the Assamite bounty be?

Selective Silence.

>And will it be kept till next year's NAC?

No.

It will be used for prize support for another Atlanta tournament prior
to that event.

http://www.thelasombra.com/NAC2006/nac2k6prizes.htm

The Lasombra

Oct 10, 2006, 5:07:30 AM10/10/06
On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 22:22:21 -0400, The Lasombra
<TheLa...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Patrick Lusk won the North American Continental Championship and more
>prizes that he could carry in both hands with items draped over both
>shoulders.

Deck Name: Got Confusion?

Created By: Pat Lusk

basically my version of Ben Peal's Cheesequake, with a couple of
toolboxy elements. The DIs and Confusion of the Eye were huge in 3 out
of 4 games, cancelling numerous Alastors and Parity Shifts. Blessing
of Chaos never had to be used, but it was a good threat to the voters
in a couple of the same games.

In the third round, where I picked up my GW, Restructure snagged me a
Procurer, who took a Tupdog rush for the team, and Sinking Ship stole
Paul Forest from Rehlow, who had literally every minion stolen from
him during that game. (Christian took Tsunda with a Graverobbing in
the second turn.) The Laibonized Paul was later burned to remove one
of Adam Hulce’s Judgment: Cam Segs.

In the final, after I had ousted Bob Joseph, there was talk of letting
Bill Troxel get out a War Ghoul to take proactive rushes at my guys,
since Stefan wasn’t running rush in his deck; this never happened, as
it turned out, but since I didn't need to bleed any more at that
point, I made sure to keep Restructure and 4-5 stealth cards in hand
at all times. I was trying to steal Gregory Winter with that hand when
time expired.

Thanks to all the players during the WoN and in particular to Matt
Morgan, Bill, Bob, and Stefan Ferenci for such an enjoyable final, and
to Jeff, Oscar, LSJ, the Tatus, et al. for organizing.
- Pat

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 17, Max: 28, Avg: 5.58)
1 Ruth McGinley aus cel obf DEM 6 Malkavian
1 Anatole dom for AUS DEM OBF8 Malkavian
1 Claven aus dem obf 4 Malkavian Antitribu
1 General Perfidio Dios dem obf AUS 5 Malkavian Antitribu
1 Korah ani AUS DEM OBF 7 Malkavian Antitribu
1 Midget obf pre DEM 3 Malkavian Antitribu
1 Uncle George aus dom obf DEM 5 Malkavian Antitribu
1 Kite obf pre AUS DEM 7 Malkavian Antitribu
1 Persia aus obf DEM 5 Malkavian
1 Artemis aus cel for DEM OBF6 Malkavian Antitribu
1 Colonel cel dem obf AUS 5 Malkavian Antitribu
1 Dolphin Black AUS DEM OBF 6 Malkavian Antitribu

Library: (90 cards)
-------------------
Master (14 cards)
4 Blood Doll
2 Direct Intervention
2 Dreams of the Sphinx
1 From a Sinking Ship
2 Wash
1 Barrens, The
2 Obfuscate

Action (18 cards)
16 Kindred Spirits
1 Restructure
1 Blessing of Chaos

Action Modifier (29 cards)
3 Cloak the Gathering
5 Confusion
5 Eyes of Chaos
3 Elder Impersonation
3 Faceless Night
5 Lost in Crowds
5 Spying Mission

Reaction (23 cards)
2 Confusion of the Eye
9 Wake with Evening`s Freshness
1 On the Qui Vive
3 Telepathic Counter
8 Telepathic Misdirection

Ally (1 cards)
1 Procurer

Combo (5 cards)
4 Swallowed by the Night
1 Random Patterns

The Lasombra

Oct 10, 2006, 5:21:41 AM10/10/06
<akun...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Twenty eight players gathered for the Shadow Twin constructed
>tournament opposite the championship. Fletcher Gibson from Seattle
>pulled out the win with a Samedi deck.

Deck Name : The Boogeymen
Author : Fletcher Gibson
Description :
Tournament Winning Deck
Shadow Twin Tournament
October 8, 2006
28 players
2R + F

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 4 max: 8 average: 6.42
3x Reg Driscoll 8 OBF THN aus for pre Samedi:2
3x Jorge De La Muerte 7 OBF THN cel for nec Samedi:2
2x Alonzo Guillen 6 OBF ani for pot Nosferatu:3
2x Lithrac 5 OBF for thn Samedi:2
1x George Frederick 6 FOR THN nec obf Samedi:2
1x Wolfgang 4 for obf pot Nosferatu:3

Library [90 cards]
Action [9]
8x Computer Hacking
1x Revelations

Action Modifier [30]
2x Cloak the Gathering
1x Daring the Dawn
3x Elder Impersonation
4x Faceless Night
4x Freak Drive
4x Hag's Wrinkles
6x Lost in Crowds
4x Spying Mission
2x True Love's Face

Action Modifier/Combat [4]
4x Swallowed by the Night

Combat [11]
1x Compress
6x Dust to Dust
1x Infection
3x Soak

Equipment [9]
1x Flaming Candle
1x Heart of Nizchetus
2x Incriminating Videotape
3x Laptop Computer
1x Learjet
1x Palatial Estate

Event [1]
1x NRA PAC

Master [21]
1x Barrens, The
6x Blood Doll
1x Coroner's Contact
1x Direct Intervention
2x Dreams of the Sphinx
1x Giant's Blood
1x Grooming the Protégé
1x Heidelberg Castle, Germany
2x Houngan
2x Jake Washington (Hunter)
3x Wash

Reaction [2]
2x Delaying Tactics

Retainer [3]
1x J. S. Simmons, Esq.
1x Robert Carter
1x Tasha Morgan

Recorded with : Anarch Revolt Deck Builder. [Tue Oct 10 05:20:52 2006]