[LSJ] Untap phase

1 vue

Oortje4ever

non lue,
28 juin 2004, 19:36:0328/06/2004
Do all permanents untap in your untap phase or only the tapped once?

Strange but possible situation:
My Succubus club is untapped in my predators turn. Can I tap my
succubusclub to make deal, untap it, and tap it to make another deal?
Same counts for Dreams of the sphinx combined with the edge.
my awnser: Incorrect.

I contest a Antediluvian Awakening and i stop contesting. do I still
have to pay the pool from the effect of Antediluvian Awakening?
my awnser: correct.

If ,in a 2 player game, I recieve an untapped Coven. Can I use it
before my turn?
My awnser: Correct.

Oortje
http://oortje.bravehost.com/vampire.htm
Personal Vampire Archive

Colin McGuigan

non lue,
28 juin 2004, 21:25:0728/06/2004
Oortje4ever wrote:

> Do all permanents untap in your untap phase or only the tapped once?
>
> Strange but possible situation:
> My Succubus club is untapped in my predators turn. Can I tap my
> succubusclub to make deal, untap it, and tap it to make another deal?
> Same counts for Dreams of the sphinx combined with the edge.
> my awnser: Incorrect.

Untapping is the first thing done in the untap phase, without exception.
There is no time window to tap the Succubus Club during your untap
phase before it would untap.

In a roundabout way, this means that only tapped things untap, I guess.

> I contest a Antediluvian Awakening and i stop contesting. do I still
> have to pay the pool from the effect of Antediluvian Awakening?
> my awnser: correct.

Not during the turn you stopped contesting, because the other
Antediluvian Awakening will not return to play until its controller's
untap phase.

Now if someone _else_ yielded, and then it gets to your untap phase, and
the AA returns to play, yes, you do have to pay a pool.

> If ,in a 2 player game, I recieve an untapped Coven. Can I use it
> before my turn?
> My awnser: Correct.

Mmmm...probably, yes. There's already a "between turns" phase (eg,
Masika) that it could be used in.

--Colin McGuigan

LSJ

non lue,
28 juin 2004, 22:54:4628/06/2004
Colin McGuigan wrote:
> Oortje4ever wrote:
>> Do all permanents untap in your untap phase or only the tapped once?
>> Strange but possible situation:
>> My Succubus club is untapped in my predators turn. Can I tap my
>> succubusclub to make deal, untap it, and tap it to make another deal?
>> Same counts for Dreams of the sphinx combined with the edge.
>> my awnser: Incorrect.
>
> Untapping is the first thing done in the untap phase, without exception.
> There is no time window to tap the Succubus Club during your untap
> phase before it would untap.

You untap all your cards at the start of your untap phase, correct.

>> I contest a Antediluvian Awakening and i stop contesting. do I still
>> have to pay the pool from the effect of Antediluvian Awakening?
>> my awnser: correct.
>
> Not during the turn you stopped contesting, because the other
> Antediluvian Awakening will not return to play until its controller's
> untap phase.
>
> Now if someone _else_ yielded, and then it gets to your untap phase, and
> the AA returns to play, yes, you do have to pay a pool.

Correct.

>> If ,in a 2 player game, I recieve an untapped Coven. Can I use it
>> before my turn?
>> My awnser: Correct.
>
> Mmmm...probably, yes. There's already a "between turns" phase (eg,
> Masika) that it could be used in.

There are no "between turn" stuffs. Masika untaps in the discard
phase. You could tap the Coven during the end of the turn, though
(the same timing window in which you received it), so the answer
is still yes.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Oortje4ever

non lue,
29 juin 2004, 06:37:2029/06/2004
Thanks

Colin McGuigan

non lue,
29 juin 2004, 10:18:1929/06/2004
LSJ wrote:
> There are no "between turn" stuffs. Masika untaps in the discard
> phase. You could tap the Coven during the end of the turn, though
> (the same timing window in which you received it), so the answer
> is still yes.

???

Does any "between turns" effect happen in the discard phase?

(Not that I think it actually makes any difference. Just curious.)

--Colin McGuigan

0 nouveau message