[LSJ] rules q: Derange

davey sprocket

Jun 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/27/99

So, in the revised rulebook, it sez:

"If a vampire with a title changes clans or sects (by means of Clan
Impersonation, for example) to a clan or sect inappropriate for his title,
he loses the benefit of the title until his clan or sect changes
appropriately."

For clarification, does "benefit of the title" really mean "title?"
Suppose I control Vasantasena, and she Deranges my prey's only titled
vampire, Anvil. Does she now get +1 stealth when bleeding my prey?

Also: if the superior version of Derange is used, untapping is optional,
right?

-davey!

LSJ

Jun 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/28/99
davey sprocket wrote:

> So, in the revised rulebook, it sez:
>
> "If a vampire with a title changes clans or sects (by means of Clan
> Impersonation, for example) to a clan or sect inappropriate for his title,
> he loses the benefit of the title until his clan or sect changes
> appropriately."
>
> For clarification, does "benefit of the title" really mean "title?"

It can be treated that way, yes.

> Suppose I control Vasantasena, and she Deranges my prey's only titled
> vampire, Anvil. Does she now get +1 stealth when bleeding my prey?

Yes.

> Also: if the superior version of Derange is used, untapping is optional,
> right?

Yes. Card Text: "may".

--
LSJ (vte...@wizards.com) VTES Net.Rep for Wizards of the Coast.