LSJ : Memories of Mortality and Catatonic Fear

Ethan Burrow

Jul 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/22/99
A vampire with Memories of Mortality engages in combat with an ally.
For the vampires strike, he plays a superior catatonic fear.

Does the ally take damage?

--
Ethan Burrow - Prince of Austin
et...@ddg.com

LSJ

Jul 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/23/99
Ethan Burrow wrote:

> A vampire with Memories of Mortality engages in combat with an ally.
> For the vampires strike, he plays a superior catatonic fear.
>
> Does the ally take damage?

He takes zero damage. Memories of Mortality reduces damage done by the
vampire to allies to zero. Damage from a strike (even an odd one like
Catatonic Fear) is "done by" the striking minion [RTR 30-JUN-1997], so
would be reduced by Memories.

--
LSJ (vte...@wizards.com) V:TES Net.Rep for Wizards of the Coast.
http://www.wizards.com/VTES/rules.asp

Eugene Chan

Jul 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/31/99
So does this mean things like Carrion Crows or Blood to water are not
affected

LSJ wrote:

--
"We exist in a world where the fear of illusion is real" The Tea Party

"A disillusionment for any value whatsoever; a general distrust of
philosophy,
a fear of thinking altogether. Many artists and thinkers today have
abandoned
this for what they feel is safest: incomprehensibility. Or to critique
and
destroy, with nothing to offer in place.

The best of us have become comedians." Este

LSJ

Aug 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/2/99
Eugene Chan wrote:
> So does this mean things like Carrion Crows or Blood to water are not
> affected

(Questions/responses to quoted text should follow the quoted text, BTW,
to enhance the continuity of the conversation).

This means things like Carrion Crows (that is, things that cause
"environmental" damage) are not affected, yes.

Blood to Water is not affected for other reasons: namely that it doesn't
do damage at all, so the damage cannot be reduced to zero.