LSJ help :) rule question !

2 vues

Reyda

non lue,
25 oct. 2000, 20:35:1825/10/2000
Hi !
First of all, thank you Mr LSJ for all the knowledge you share with us poor
mortals.
i have got a not-so-stupid question, and i need correct answers.

I tap Jacko to play "Monomancy" on Gratiano. The combat begins. Gratiano
says "oh, well, i don't want to die after all". And chooses to end combat,
referring to the text on monomancy, thus losing permanently 1 bleed. Jacko
then plays superior "Psyche". Combat starts again ! Can gratiano end the
combat a second time, providing he'll lose a bleed again -and providing the
card is already on him ? Then is Gratiano effectively at 0 bleed ? or, since
it's a brand new combat, gratiano can't save his life ? What happend when a
vampire gets, say, -2 bleed ? should he play "conditioning" if he ever wants
to bleed for one pool ?

thanks a lot !

reyda

LSJ

non lue,
26 oct. 2000, 07:47:2926/10/2000
Reyda wrote:

> Hi !
> First of all, thank you Mr LSJ for all the knowledge you share with us poor
> mortals.
> i have got a not-so-stupid question, and i need correct answers.

:-)
With flattery like that, I should ask you: what do you want the answers
to be?
:-)

> I tap Jacko to play "Monomancy" on Gratiano. The combat begins. Gratiano
> says "oh, well, i don't want to die after all". And chooses to end combat,
> referring to the text on monomancy, thus losing permanently 1 bleed. Jacko

"... thus having the Monomancy card placed on him, resulting in his having
-1 bleed."

> then plays superior "Psyche". Combat starts again ! Can gratiano end the
> combat a second time, providing he'll lose a bleed again -and providing the
> card is already on him ? Then is Gratiano effectively at 0 bleed ? or, since

No. He can only end the combat of the action, not a subsequent combat.
Likewise if Jacko used Ambush to enter combat with Gratiano, and Gratiano
ended combat with Shadow Body, and Jacko started a new combat with Psyche!,
Jacko wouldn't get the optional maneuver from Ambush in the new combat.

> it's a brand new combat, gratiano can't save his life ? What happend when a
> vampire gets, say, -2 bleed ? should he play "conditioning" if he ever wants
> to bleed for one pool ?

Yes. There's nothing preventing a minion from having negative bleed (or
stealth, or intercept, or strength, etc.) Although a bleed for less than
zero won't restore pool to the target (just as a hand strike from a minion
with negative strength won't restore blood or life to the target).

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Hardy Range

non lue,
26 oct. 2000, 16:23:0126/10/2000

"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Yes. There's nothing preventing a minion from having negative bleed (or
> stealth, or intercept, or strength, etc.) Although a bleed for less than
> zero won't restore pool to the target (just as a hand strike from a minion
> with negative strength won't restore blood or life to the target).

Hmmm... about that possible negative intercept: Does that mean that younger
Sabbat vampires, who have -1 intercept against Our Lady Of The Shadows,
Lucita, would be unable to stop an action attempted by her with a stealth of
0 (say, a bleed)?

--

Hardy Range

"Gib mir wieder etwas Schönes,
zieh mich aus dem Meer."
The Sisters of Mercy, Marian

hardy...@gmx.de

Sorrow

non lue,
26 oct. 2000, 17:01:2726/10/2000
> > Yes. There's nothing preventing a minion from having negative bleed (or
> > stealth, or intercept, or strength, etc.) Although a bleed for less than
> > zero won't restore pool to the target (just as a hand strike from a
minion
> > with negative strength won't restore blood or life to the target).
> Hmmm... about that possible negative intercept: Does that mean that
younger
> Sabbat vampires, who have -1 intercept against Our Lady Of The Shadows,
> Lucita, would be unable to stop an action attempted by her with a stealth
of
> 0 (say, a bleed)?

Yes, it does. Any time the blocking minion has less intercept than the
acting minion has stealth, the action cannot be blocked by that minion.

From section 6.2.2[.2]:
If a block fails (the acting minion's stealth exceeds the blocker's
intercept and
the blocker's Methuselah cannot add or does not wish to add more intercept),
either another attempt is made (with the same or a different minion) or the
defending Methuselah declares that she will not make any further attempts to
block the action. Note that this declaration is an event and so allows the
acting
Methuselah (and others) to play more cards and effects.

-1 < 0.

Sorrow
---
"Are they dead?" - Pugsly