Call the Great Beast vs. Seeds of Corruption

0 vue

Damnans

non lue,
10 mars 2002, 03:18:3610/03/2002
What happens when a Seeds of Corruption is played on The Great Beast
(CtGB)?. Are this infernal vampire's disciplines a part of his or her
special abilities?. And what about infernalism? Whould it be ignored in
that case?

Seeds of Corruption [AH]
Action
2 blood
Thaumaturgy
+1 stealth action.
[tha] (D) Put this card on a vampire controlled by your prey.
If the vampire is a Follower of Set, he or she burns 2
additional blood for each action he or she performs; otherwise,
he or she burns 1 additional blood for each action he or she
performs. The vampire with this card cannot use his or her
special abilities. Any vampire(s) may burn this card with two
+1 stealth actions.
[THA] As above, but the vampire burns 2 additional blood
for each action; Followers of Set burn 3 additional blood.

Call the Great Beast [BL]
Action
Baali
1 blood
+1 stealth action.
Put this card on the acting Baali and put X ritual counters on it,
where X is the capacity of this Baali. This Baali may put a ritual
counter on this card as a +1 stealth action. When this card has
more than 10 ritual counters, burn this Baali and choose three
Disciplines; this card becomes a unique clanless independent
infernal vampire with 9 capacity, 4 strength and 3 bleed. The
Great Beast has the chosen three Disciplines at superior. Move
9 blood to him from the blood bank. The Great Beast can enter
combat with any ready minion controlled by another Methuselah
as a (D) action and can prevent 1 damage each combat.

Greetings,
Damnans

LSJ

non lue,
10 mars 2002, 07:34:3310/03/2002
Damnans wrote:

> What happens when a Seeds of Corruption is played on The Great Beast
> (CtGB)?. Are this infernal vampire's disciplines a part of his or her
> special abilities?. And what about infernalism? Whould it be ignored in
> that case?

(Corrupting the Great Beast - now that takes a seriously evil thaumaturge!)

He loses his rush ability and his prevent damage ability.
The Disciplines are not abilities.
The term "infernal" is not an ability. [LSJ 11-DEC-2001]

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Daz

non lue,
10 mars 2002, 08:33:1310/03/2002
The beasts special ability is attacking any minion as a (D) action.
Disciplines and being infernal are not special abilities.

The Emperor

non lue,
10 mars 2002, 08:45:1310/03/2002
On a similar matter is an Aabt kindred with Seeds of Corruption unique?

Halcyan 2

non lue,
10 mars 2002, 12:32:2210/03/2002
>On a similar matter is an Aabt kindred with Seeds of Corruption unique?

No. Not being contestable is considered a restriction (which Seeds of
Corruption doesn't affect).

Halcyan 2

Halcyan 2

non lue,
10 mars 2002, 12:34:1210/03/2002
>(Corrupting the Great Beast - now that takes a seriously evil thaumaturge!)
>
>He loses his rush ability and his prevent damage ability.
>The Disciplines are not abilities.
>The term "infernal" is not an ability. [LSJ 11-DEC-2001]

Does he keep the 4 strength and 3 bleed? (BTW: Is the 4 strength considered his
base strength? If so, then a Torn Signpost would actually make him weaker. If
not, then he essentially has +3 strength, so that Seeds would make him unable
to use that).

Halcyan 2

Flux

non lue,
10 mars 2002, 15:49:0810/03/2002
halc...@aol.com (Halcyan 2) wrote in

>>(Corrupting the Great Beast - now that takes a seriously evil
>>thaumaturge!)
>>
>>He loses his rush ability and his prevent damage ability.
>>The Disciplines are not abilities.
>>The term "infernal" is not an ability. [LSJ 11-DEC-2001]
>

> Does he keep the 4 strength and 3 bleed?

Yes, those are his base stats, not special modifiers.

> (BTW: Is the 4 strength
> considered his base strength? If so, then a Torn Signpost would
> actually make him weaker. If not, then he essentially has +3 strength,
> so that Seeds would make him unable to use that).

Right, Playing Torn Signpost would reduce the Great Beast's strength.

Flux

LSJ

non lue,
10 mars 2002, 17:21:1610/03/2002

The answer is indeed "no", but that's because:

"Special ability" includes all non-term (Clan, Sect, Title, Unique (or not),
Blood Cursed, Circle, Flight, Infernal, Scarce, Slave, Sterile, Vulnerability)
text . [LSJ 11-DEC-2001]

GreySeer

non lue,
10 mars 2002, 18:18:4110/03/2002
"Flux" <fl...@netc.pt> wrote in message

Allies in general do not have + strength ( unless explicitly stated by card
text )

Halcyan 2

non lue,
10 mars 2002, 19:27:3010/03/2002
>> > Does he keep the 4 strength and 3 bleed?
>>
>> Yes, those are his base stats, not special modifiers.
>>
>> > (BTW: Is the 4 strength
>> > considered his base strength? If so, then a Torn Signpost would
>> > actually make him weaker. If not, then he essentially has +3 strength,
>> > so that Seeds would make him unable to use that).
>>
>> Right, Playing Torn Signpost would reduce the Great Beast's strength.
>
>Allies in general do not have + strength ( unless explicitly stated by card
>text )

??? What's up with that?

The Great Beast is a vampire. No mention of any allies to the best of my
knowledge...

Halcyan 2

0 nouveau message