Long Question for LSJ again

8 vues

Reyda

non lue,
24 janv. 2001, 17:31:0524/01/2001
hi !
nobody tried to answer my questions, so i repost them...
i don't know if it's bad etiquette, but nevermind...
It's all about a rarely seen card: Blessing of chaos.

first of all, say i'm playing !malk. Lovely Korah succesfully plays
"blessing of chaos".
after that....

1- Arika bleeds me. I attempt to block with Korah. Arika wants to play
bonding
(+1 bleed, +1 stealth). I guess she cannot do this, referring to text on
BoC. am i wrong ?

2- I try to block a bleed from Ozmo with lovely Korah. Ozmo adds a lot of
stealth, and when we reach the point i can't add intercept anymore, he plays
conditioning. I think he can't since i tried (even if unsuccesful) to block
him.

3- Stanislava bleeds me. I block. during combat, she plays "form of mist" to
continue her action. I can't block. she then wants to play foreshadowing
destruction. I guess she cannot referring to text on BoC... am i wrong again
?

4- Arika bleeds me using "dominate kine". I try to block with Korah and taps
my
KRCG. She then plays "elder impersonation". So the blocking attempt fails.
No other minion can block now. Can Arika play Aire of elation or
conditioning ? i guess yes, because Korah's blocking attempt was somewhat
"rejected"
but... can you make it clear ?

5- Korah tries to bum rush Jost. i guess he can't use Majesty to save his
life,
referring to card text. Is this only effective when blocking, or are the two
sentences on the text completely independant -meaning named disciplines
can't be used at all no matter who's acting ?

6- Korah tries to bum rush Anneke. she declines to block, then before combat
begins, wants to play 'obedience'. I guess nothings prevent her since it's
not a combat card but...

so the whole point is : if the Blessed Vampire attempted to block, the
acting vamp can't use certain disciplines.
7 -Does this last for the entire duration of action or does the BoC effect
vanish at the time the blessed vampire can't block anymore ?
8 -What if i decline to block after opponent plays "Dawn operation" ? is the
BoC effect still triggered ? if i tried and declined to block a vote that
way,
can the acting vampire play "Awe" then "Voter captivation" during and after
referendum ?

clarifications would be useful !
thanks
reyda

LSJ

non lue,
24 janv. 2001, 18:32:0224/01/2001
"Reyda" <re...@noos.fr> wrote:
> first of all, say i'm playing !malk. Lovely Korah succesfully plays
> "blessing of chaos".
> after that....
>
> 1- Arika bleeds me. I attempt to block with Korah. Arika wants to play
> bonding
> (+1 bleed, +1 stealth). I guess she cannot do this, referring to text
> on BoC. am i wrong ?

You are right. Card text is fairly clear on this point.

> 2- I try to block a bleed from Ozmo with lovely Korah. Ozmo adds a lot
> of stealth, and when we reach the point i can't add intercept anymore,
> he plays conditioning. I think he can't since i tried (even if
> unsuccesful) to block him.

Correct again, if by "I" you refer to Korah.

> 3- Stanislava bleeds me. I block. during combat, she plays "form of
> mist" to continue her action. I can't block. she then wants to play
> foreshadowing destruction. I guess she cannot referring to text on
> BoC... am i wrong again
> ?

Right again (again assuming Korah).

> 4- Arika bleeds me using "dominate kine". I try to block with Korah
> and taps my KRCG. She then plays "elder impersonation". So the
> blocking attempt fails.
> No other minion can block now. Can Arika play Aire of elation or
> conditioning ? i guess yes, because Korah's blocking attempt was somewhat
> "rejected"
> but... can you make it clear ?

Korah attempted to block, therefore Arika cannot play modifiers
that require dominate or presence, per card text.

> 5- Korah tries to bum rush Jost. i guess he can't use Majesty to save
> his life, referring to card text. Is this only effective when

Correct.

> blocking, or are the two sentences on the text completely independant
> -meaning named disciplines can't be used at all no matter who's acting
> ?

The two sentences are independent.

> 6- Korah tries to bum rush Anneke. she declines to block, then before
> combat begins, wants to play 'obedience'. I guess nothings prevent her
> since it's not a combat card but...

Right.

> so the whole point is : if the Blessed Vampire attempted to block, the
> acting vamp can't use certain disciplines.

Right, since card text says so.

> 7 -Does this last for the entire duration of action or does the BoC
> effect vanish at the time the blessed vampire can't block anymore ?

Action modifiers last for the whole action, by default.

> 8 -What if i decline to block after opponent plays "Dawn operation" ?
> is the BoC effect still triggered ? if i tried and declined to block a

Yes.

> vote that way, can the acting vampire play "Awe" then "Voter
> captivation" during and after referendum ?

No.

--
LSJ (vte...@white-wolf.com) VTES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Reyda

non lue,
24 janv. 2001, 22:23:1824/01/2001
I may stick on it but...
what happens if i try to block a vampire with inherent stealth (say jost )
with blessed korah ?
Say, i just play Forced Awakening, declare i'm trying to block, and fails to
draw any intercept. Can Jost play aire of elation ? or is he unable to do
so ?
What about the superior version of Day operation ? Korah tries to block,
nope says the bleeder. Then I tell him he can't use the conditioning he's
got in hand... Is this legal ?

reyda

"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> a écrit dans le message news:
94noli$3ml$1...@nnrp1.deja.com...

Ivan Lerth

non lue,
24 janv. 2001, 23:20:5624/01/2001

> I may stick on it but...

Blessing of Chaos:
-----
Put this card on the acting vampire. If the vampire with this card
ATTEMPTS to block another vampire, that vampire cannot play action
modifiers requiring Dementation, Dominate, Presence, or Chimerstry.
Vampires opposing this vampire in combat cannot play cards that require
those Disciplines.
SUP: As above, and actions requiring those Disciplines cannot be
directed at this vampire.

> what happens if i try to block a vampire with inherent stealth (say

> jost) with blessed korah ?

> Say, i just play Forced Awakening, declare i'm trying to block, and
> fails to draw any intercept. Can Jost play aire of elation ? or is he
> unable to do

If you *attempt* to block with a vampire who succesfully played BoC
then the acting vampire can´t therefore play Dem, Dom, Pre or Chi
action modifiers. So if you try (attempt...) to block Just with a
blessed vampire, he can´t use AoE...

> so ?
> What about the superior version of Day operation ? Korah tries to
> block, nope says the bleeder. Then I tell him he can't use the
> conditioning he's got in hand... Is this legal ?

You tried to block, so yes...

Ivan Lerth.

Halcyan 2

non lue,
25 janv. 2001, 02:54:0025/01/2001
>If you *attempt* to block with a vampire who succesfully played BoC
>then the acting vampire can´t therefore play Dem, Dom, Pre or Chi
>action modifiers. So if you try (attempt...) to block Just with a
>blessed vampire, he can´t use AoE...
>
>> so ?
>> What about the superior version of Day operation ? Korah tries to
>> block, nope says the bleeder. Then I tell him he can't use the
>> conditioning he's got in hand... Is this legal ?
>
>You tried to block, so yes...

So does that mean that if someone is using +1 stealth actions and you "try" to
block with Korah with BoC (at 0 intercept and you have no cards), you can
simply prevent them from playing all of those action modifiers?

If that is the case, if you manage to get Korah to have -1 intercept, you could
*try* to block every action you can by your predator and prey. Since your
intercept is so low, you'll never successfully block and your predator and prey
will have handjam due to all those unplayable action modifiers. Is that right?
Something about that just doesn't seem to feel right (esp. the part about
constantly "trying" to block just so that action modifiers can't be played).

Halcyan 2

Reyda

non lue,
25 janv. 2001, 03:52:3425/01/2001

"Halcyan 2" <halc...@aol.com> a écrit dans le message news:
20010125025400...@ng-md1.aol.com...

> So does that mean that if someone is using +1 stealth actions and you
"try" to
> block with Korah with BoC (at 0 intercept and you have no cards), you can
> simply prevent them from playing all of those action modifiers?
>
> If that is the case, if you manage to get Korah to have -1 intercept, you
could
> *try* to block every action you can by your predator and prey. Since your
> intercept is so low, you'll never successfully block and your predator and
prey
> will have handjam due to all those unplayable action modifiers. Is that
right?
> Something about that just doesn't seem to feel right (esp. the part about
> constantly "trying" to block just so that action modifiers can't be
played).

> Halcyan 2

that was the target point of my question Halcyan. You worded it nicely!
reyda

Reyda

non lue,
25 janv. 2001, 03:57:2525/01/2001

"Halcyan 2" <halc...@aol.com> a écrit dans le message news:
20010125025400...@ng-md1.aol.com...

> So does that mean that if someone is using +1 stealth actions and you
"try" to
> block with Korah with BoC (at 0 intercept and you have no cards), you can
> simply prevent them from playing all of those action modifiers?
>
> If that is the case, if you manage to get Korah to have -1 intercept, you
could
> *try* to block every action you can by your predator and prey. Since your
> intercept is so low, you'll never successfully block and your predator and
prey
> will have handjam due to all those unplayable action modifiers. Is that
right?
> Something about that just doesn't seem to feel right (esp. the part about
> constantly "trying" to block just so that action modifiers can't be
played).

> Halcyan 2

that really puzzles me...
Did you thought about Christine Boscacci ? card text: "Christine gets -1
intercept against any minion attempting to bleed." . Give her a dementation
skill and you've got a mini-protected resource for free. Halcyan, maybe
we've found a nice combo =)

reyda

LSJ

non lue,
25 janv. 2001, 06:17:1125/01/2001
halc...@aol.com (Halcyan 2) wrote:
[non-attributed quotes snipped - please attribute your quotes]

> So does that mean that if someone is using +1 stealth actions and you
> "try" to block with Korah with BoC (at 0 intercept and you have no
> cards), you can simply prevent them from playing all of those action
> modifiers?

By direct application of explicit card text (and my previous
"clarification" of same in this thread), yes.

> If that is the case, if you manage to get Korah to have -1 intercept,
> you could *try* to block every action you can by your predator and
> prey. Since your intercept is so low, you'll never successfully block
> and your predator and prey will have handjam due to all those
> unplayable action modifiers. Is that right?

If they choose not to play their action modifiers before giving you
the chance to try to block, yes.

> Something about that just doesn't seem to feel right (esp. the part
> about constantly "trying" to block just so that action modifiers can't
> be played).

As the acting Methuselah, she'll be able to play as many action
modifiers (except stealth-adding) before asking is there are any
blocks, per the rulebook.

--
LSJ (vte...@white-wolf.com) VTES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Derek Ray

non lue,
25 janv. 2001, 11:39:3725/01/2001
On 25 Jan 2001 07:54:00 GMT, halc...@aol.com (Halcyan 2) wrote:

>If that is the case, if you manage to get Korah to have -1 intercept, you could
>*try* to block every action you can by your predator and prey. Since your
>intercept is so low, you'll never successfully block and your predator and prey
>will have handjam due to all those unplayable action modifiers. Is that right?
>Something about that just doesn't seem to feel right (esp. the part about
>constantly "trying" to block just so that action modifiers can't be played).

Nothing is stopping your predator from playing his action modifier
when he announces his action, before you announce any attempts to
block. "I bleed you with Govern+Condition. Block?"

And you can't just "attempt to block" your prey's bleeds, since Korah
is not normally able to actually block those. You need Eagle's Sight.
=)

-- Derek

"Oh, cool... TABLE ACTIONS!" -- M. Perlman

Pat Ricochet

non lue,
25 janv. 2001, 17:46:4625/01/2001

I've seen David Anderson-Davila put this in a deck before. It's mostly
a "prayer combo," but one of her in the crypt and one Blessing of Chaos in a
deck that already uses/has Dementation skill cards. Of course, that
unfocused, it never actually came out that way, but, boy, it would have been
damn funny.
Note that she has to be able to attempt to block; she can't actually
"attempt to block", say, a cross table vote. Now, give *Anneke* a
Demenation skill card, and nobody, but nobody gets to Voter Cap. =)

--
Pat Ricochet
Soul Jar'rn Fool of Atlanta

0 nouveau message