Brutal Influence and tapping Orun

DeathInABottle

Jun 8, 2010, 6:23:13 PM6/8/10
The wording at the basic and superior levels is a little different,
and I'm wondering how this affects unsuccessful actions. If I bleed
at [pot], I have to tap X Orun when the action is attempted; the Orun
stays tapped whether the action is successful or not. If I use [POT],
however, I think that I only have to tap the Orun if the action is
successful. Is that right?

Brutal Influence, Action, 1 blood, Potence
[pot] (D) Bleed at +1 bleed. When the action is announced, this
vampire may tap X Orun on him or her to get an additional +X bleed.
[POT] +1 stealth action. Tap X Orun on this vampire to move X blood
from the bank to a younger Laibon in your uncontrolled region.

floppyzedolfin

Jun 8, 2010, 7:00:57 PM6/8/10
On 9 juin, 00:23, DeathInABottle <li...@uvic.ca> wrote:
> The wording at the basic and superior levels is a little different,
> and I'm wondering how this affects unsuccessful actions.  If I bleed
> at [pot], I have to tap X Orun when the action is attempted; the Orun
> stays tapped whether the action is successful or not.  If I use [POT],
> however, I think that I only have to tap the Orun if the action is
> successful.  Is that right?

You'd also have to announce what X is when action is declared, at
[POT].

LSJ

Jun 8, 2010, 7:45:38 PM6/8/10
On Jun 8, 6:23 pm, DeathInABottle <li...@uvic.ca> wrote:
> The wording at the basic and superior levels is a little different,
> and I'm wondering how this affects unsuccessful actions.  If I bleed
> at [pot], I have to tap X Orun when the action is attempted; the Orun
> stays tapped whether the action is successful or not.  If I use [POT],
> however, I think that I only have to tap the Orun if the action is
> successful.  Is that right?

Yes.