Blissful Agony vs TT & Psyche!

AndrewS

Jan 22, 2002, 4:03:53 PM1/22/02
I'm sure this must have been dealt with plenty of times before, but I
can't find them, which speaks volumes about my ability to search
newsgroups.

I've outlined how I think Blissful Agony interacts with Telepathic
Tracking and Psyche! Do I have it right?

- Vampire 1 and Vampire 2 are in combat
- Vampire 1 plays Blissful Agony superior, and instructs Vampire 2 to
go and fight with Vampire 3 instead
- Vampire 2, sneers in the general direction of Vampire 1, and plays
Telepathic Tracking.
- A second round of combat between Vampire 1 and 2 occurs. Vampire 1,
now plays Majesty.
- Vampire 2, not happy to leave combat without a head as a trophy,
attempts to play Psyche!
- All the other Methuselahs, in total confidence about their knowledge
of the rules, calmly state that now that combat has ended, Vampire 1
must enter combat with Vampire 3 due to the earlier Blissful Agony,
and that there is no time in between the two combats for Psyche! to be
played. House rules state that the controlling Methuselah must buy
the next round of drinks for her indiscretion.
- Combat begins between Vampire 1 and Vampire 3.

LSJ

Jan 22, 2002, 4:09:06 PM1/22/02
AndrewS wrote:

> I'm sure this must have been dealt with plenty of times before, but I
> can't find them, which speaks volumes about my ability to search
> newsgroups.
>
> I've outlined how I think Blissful Agony interacts with Telepathic
> Tracking and Psyche! Do I have it right?
>
> - Vampire 1 and Vampire 2 are in combat
> - Vampire 1 plays Blissful Agony superior, and instructs Vampire 2 to
> go and fight with Vampire 3 instead
> - Vampire 2, sneers in the general direction of Vampire 1, and plays
> [superior] Telepathic Tracking.

This effect cancels the combat-starting effect of BA.

> - A second round of combat between Vampire 1 and 2 occurs. Vampire 1,
> now plays Majesty.
> - Vampire 2, not happy to leave combat without a head as a trophy,

> attempts to play [superior] Psyche!

Legal, since there's no other combat pending.

> - All the other Methuselahs, in total confidence about their knowledge
> of the rules, calmly state that now that combat has ended, Vampire 1
> must enter combat with Vampire 3 due to the earlier Blissful Agony,
> and that there is no time in between the two combats for Psyche! to be
> played. House rules state that the controlling Methuselah must buy
> the next round of drinks for her indiscretion.
> - Combat begins between Vampire 1 and Vampire 3.

This would be true if the previously-played TT had not interrupted the
BA effect.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Frederick Scott

Jan 23, 2002, 3:57:27 AM1/23/02
AndrewS wrote:

> I'm sure this must have been dealt with plenty of times before, but I
> can't find them, which speaks volumes about my ability to search
> newsgroups.

No. This kind of thing is normal.

Fred

AndrewS

Jan 23, 2002, 1:49:03 PM1/23/02
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message news:<3C4DD4F2...@white-wolf.com>...

> AndrewS wrote:
> >
> > - Vampire 1 and Vampire 2 are in combat
> > - Vampire 1 plays Blissful Agony superior, and instructs Vampire 2 to
> > go and fight with Vampire 3 instead
> > - Vampire 2, sneers in the general direction of Vampire 1, and plays
> > [superior] Telepathic Tracking.
>
> This effect cancels the combat-starting effect of BA.

But TT does not cancel the combat-starting effect of Illusions of the
Kindred? I think I'm a bit mixed up. Here's how I thought TT vs IotK
worked

- Vampire 1 and Vampire 2 are in combat

- Vampire 1 plays IotK
- Vampire 2 plays Telepathic Tracking
- Vampire 1 and 2 play a second round of combat
- After combat ends, Vampire 1 enters combat with an illusionary
vampire

Am I right or wrong on this one? If it is different to Blissful
Agony, why so?

AndrewS.

dude man

Jan 24, 2002, 7:09:59 PM1/24/02
hel...@xtra.co.nz (AndrewS) wrote in message news:<bfd46c9c.02012...@posting.google.com>...

I'm just bumping this, as it needs to be answered... :)

Sorry!

~SV