(LSJ) Continue action effect Q

floppyzedolfin

Jul 23, 2009, 4:58:17 PM7/23/09
Here's the situation.
My vampire plays a Govern the Unaligned at superior. My predator
blocks the action.
During the combat, my vampire's strike is a Form of Mist superior.

Is it correct that during the combat, the Govern the Unaligned played
for this action is in my ash heap ?

If it is so, suppose my predator removes the card used for the action
from my ash heap with Erciyes Fragment. Can I continue my action after
the combat? [The action card used to declare the action is no more in
my ash heap.]

Izaak

Jul 23, 2009, 6:35:23 PM7/23/09

"floppyzedolfin" <floppyz...@gmail.com> schreef in bericht

> Here's the situation.
> My vampire plays a Govern the Unaligned at superior. My predator
> blocks the action.
> During the combat, my vampire's strike is a Form of Mist superior.
>
> Is it correct that during the combat, the Govern the Unaligned played
> for this action is in my ash heap ?

Sure, where else? Action cards are not temporarily "put in play" or
something - AFAIK they are played directly to the ashheap, even though in
actual play people tend to handle that differently.

> If it is so, suppose my predator removes the card used for the action
> from my ash heap with Erciyes Fragment. Can I continue my action after
> the combat? [The action card used to declare the action is no more in
> my ash heap.]

Sure. There is no requirement for the actioncard to be in the ashheap or
some other specific location for the action to resolve.

LSJ

Jul 23, 2009, 6:51:34 PM7/23/09
Izaak wrote:
> "floppyzedolfin" <floppyz...@gmail.com> schreef in bericht
>> Here's the situation.
>> My vampire plays a Govern the Unaligned at superior. My predator
>> blocks the action.
>> During the combat, my vampire's strike is a Form of Mist superior.
>>
>> Is it correct that during the combat, the Govern the Unaligned played
>> for this action is in my ash heap ?
>
> Sure, where else? Action cards are not temporarily "put in play" or
> something - AFAIK they are played directly to the ashheap, even though in
> actual play people tend to handle that differently.

The action card is in limbo until reaching the "block successful" resolution, at
which time, according to the rules, the action card is sent to the ash heap (and
then combat begins between the blocking minion and the acting minion).

>> If it is so, suppose my predator removes the card used for the action
>> from my ash heap with Erciyes Fragment. Can I continue my action after
>> the combat? [The action card used to declare the action is no more in
>> my ash heap.]
>
> Sure. There is no requirement for the actioncard to be in the ashheap or
> some other specific location for the action to resolve.

No.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/2d8a664119fb45a3

James Coupe

Jul 23, 2009, 7:07:01 PM7/23/09
Izaak <nom...@usenet.plz> wrote:
>Action cards are not temporarily "put in play" or
>something - AFAIK they are played directly to the ashheap, even though in
>actual play people tend to handle that differently.

You're wrong.

The action card is burned (for a block) in 6.2.3 of the rules, when the
block is successful. Until that time, it's in limbo.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/2d8a664119fb45a3
limbo (the staging area for action cards between announcement
and resolution)

--
James Coupe
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D YOU ARE IN ERROR.

Juggernaut1981

Jul 23, 2009, 7:09:48 PM7/23/09
On Jul 24, 8:35 am, "Izaak" <nom...@usenet.plz> wrote:
> "floppyzedolfin" <floppyzedol...@gmail.com> schreef in berichtnews:81fa4c1a-00c6-4e7f...@d9g2000prh.googlegroups.com...

While practically most people put it into a "no man's land" spot, they
do go to the ashheap. Only when the action is successful and resolves
would the card be "put into play".

Izaak

Jul 23, 2009, 8:00:44 PM7/23/09

"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> schreef in bericht

Fair enough :)

You learn something new every day I guess.

James Coupe

Jul 23, 2009, 8:17:55 PM7/23/09
Juggernaut1981 <brassc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>While practically most people put it into a "no man's land" spot, they
>do go to the ashheap.

Incorrect. People put action cards into a no man's land before
resolution, and that's exactly where they belong.