LSJ - Questions about LotN cards

v.ri...@gmail.com

Oct 4, 2007, 2:01:11 PM10/4/07
1) The Eternal of Sirius : can I use the second effect if I control a
ready Follower of Set?

Eternals of Sirius, The
Type: Master
Cost: 4 pool
Master.
Gain 5 pool if you have a ready Follower of Set, or move 5 blood from
the blood bank to a Follower of Set with a capacity above 8 in your
uncontrolled region.

2) Street Cred
May I play it twice in a turn with two different vampires ?

Street Cred
Type: Combat
Requires: Potence
Cost: 1 blood
Only usable at the end of a round of combat in which this vampire
successfully inflicted more damage than the opposing minion.
[pot] Move 1 blood from the blood bank to a younger vampire in your
uncontrolled region. A vampire can play only 1 Street Cred each turn.
[POT] As above, but move 2 blood.

3) Chair of Hades

At superior, does it allow me to remove a wraith retainer from the
game ?

Chair of Hades
Type: Action
Requires: Necromancy
+1 stealth action.
[nec] (D) Remove a mortal or ghoul (retainer or ally) from the game.
[NEC] (D) Remove any non-wraith ally or retainer or vampire with
capacity less than 3 from the game.

4) Gramle

I guess the "discard afterwards" only takes place at the end of the
action, since Gramle is not replaced until then.

Gramle
Type: Action
Cost: 1 pool
+1 stealth action. Do not replace until the end of the action.
Choose a card in play or in any ash heap by name. Search your library
or crypt for the chosen card, show it to all Methuselahs, and move it
to your hand (discard afterward) or uncontrolled region.

5) Fillip
What does this name mean?

LSJ

Oct 4, 2007, 2:18:06 PM10/4/07
v.ri...@gmail.com wrote:
> 1) The Eternal of Sirius : can I use the second effect if I control a
> ready Follower of Set?
>
> Eternals of Sirius, The
> Type: Master
> Cost: 4 pool
> Master.
> Gain 5 pool if you have a ready Follower of Set, or move 5 blood from
> the blood bank to a Follower of Set with a capacity above 8 in your
> uncontrolled region.

Yes. It doesn't say "if X do Y, otherwise Z"

> 2) Street Cred
> May I play it twice in a turn with two different vampires ?
>
> Street Cred
> Type: Combat
> Requires: Potence
> Cost: 1 blood
> Only usable at the end of a round of combat in which this vampire
> successfully inflicted more damage than the opposing minion.
> [pot] Move 1 blood from the blood bank to a younger vampire in your
> uncontrolled region. A vampire can play only 1 Street Cred each turn.
> [POT] As above, but move 2 blood.

Yes.

> 3) Chair of Hades
>
> At superior, does it allow me to remove a wraith retainer from the
> game ?
>
> Chair of Hades
> Type: Action
> Requires: Necromancy
> +1 stealth action.
> [nec] (D) Remove a mortal or ghoul (retainer or ally) from the game.
> [NEC] (D) Remove any non-wraith ally or retainer or vampire with
> capacity less than 3 from the game.

No. It is not "any non-wraith ally or any retainer"

> 4) Gramle
>
> I guess the "discard afterwards" only takes place at the end of the
> action, since Gramle is not replaced until then.
>
> Gramle
> Type: Action
> Cost: 1 pool
> +1 stealth action. Do not replace until the end of the action.
> Choose a card in play or in any ash heap by name. Search your library
> or crypt for the chosen card, show it to all Methuselahs, and move it
> to your hand (discard afterward) or uncontrolled region.

It happens when you move the card to your hand, since the Gramle you are not
replacing counts against your hand size at that time.

> 5) Fillip
> What does this name mean?

dictionary.com: fillip

John Flournoy

Oct 4, 2007, 2:43:04 PM10/4/07
On Oct 4, 1:18 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:

> v.rip...@gmail.com wrote:
> > 5) Fillip
> > What does this name mean?
>
> dictionary.com: fillip

It's a pity we cannot simply reach through the intarweb and fillip him
as an alternate means of explanation..

-John Flournoy

v.ri...@gmail.com

Oct 4, 2007, 3:08:46 PM10/4/07
Thanks for the quick answers.

gpett...@gmail.com

Oct 5, 2007, 2:33:29 PM10/5/07
On Oct 4, 2:18 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> v.rip...@gmail.com wrote:
> > 3) Chair of Hades
>
> > At superior, does it allow me to remove a wraith retainer from the
> > game ?
>
> > Chair of Hades
> > Type: Action
> > Requires: Necromancy
> > +1 stealth action.
> > [nec] (D) Remove a mortal or ghoul (retainer or ally) from the game.
> > [NEC] (D) Remove any non-wraith ally or retainer or vampire with
> > capacity less than 3 from the game.
>
> No. It is not "any non-wraith ally or any retainer"

Similarly, you cannot use it to remove wraith vampires with capacity
less than 3 from the game. :)

> > 4) Gramle
>
> > I guess the "discard afterwards" only takes place at the end of the
> > action, since Gramle is not replaced until then.
>
> > Gramle
> > Type: Action
> > Cost: 1 pool
> > +1 stealth action. Do not replace until the end of the action.
> > Choose a card in play or in any ash heap by name. Search your library
> > or crypt for the chosen card, show it to all Methuselahs, and move it
> > to your hand (discard afterward) or uncontrolled region.
>
> It happens when you move the card to your hand, since the Gramle you are not
> replacing counts against your hand size at that time.

Any particular why Gramle doesn't replace like Roll? Or why Concealed
Weapon's text was moved *away* from the Template?

--
- Gregory Stuart Pettigrew