New Promo Card

1 view

Pat

Dec 30, 2006, 10:34:39 PM12/30/06
Found in Scrye magazine:

Kestrelle Hayes
Ventrue antribu
Capacity 6
Group 4
dom for obt AUS
Sabbat. Black Hand. Kestrelle gets +1 stealth on (D) actions directed at a
Methuselah who doesn't control a ready Sabbat vampire.
Artist: Katie McCaskill

Cameraphone quality picture of the card here:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/154/339093559_b78e06a116_o.jpg

- Pat

obelisk

Dec 31, 2006, 12:22:18 AM12/31/06
Riiiiiiight... b/c the ventrue and the !ventrue could really use more
tools to supplement their arsenals...

~m

librarian

Dec 31, 2006, 12:59:30 AM12/31/06

Pat wrote:
> Found in Scrye magazine:

What issue #?

Thanks,

chris

CthuluKitty

Dec 31, 2006, 1:09:23 AM12/31/06
> Riiiiiiight... b/c the ventrue and the !ventrue could really use more
> tools to supplement their arsenals...

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Are you saying that those 2 clans
are overpowered and don't need new cards?

If you're suggesting that this is so for the Ventrue, I'm pretty much
with you. The !Ventrue on the other hand are quite a different story,
since they have a different discipline spread and lack access to many
of the sect and clan cards that make the Ventrue good.

In any case, I doubt that this promo vampire is any kind of freebie or
extra for the clan. It's probably just a preview of one that will be
released in Sword of Caine.

Azel

Dec 31, 2006, 3:04:00 AM12/31/06

pretty much agree. !ven really do have stealth issues. and pre/for give
such a wonderful untapping team of Majesty and Freak Drive that just
cannot really be duplicated by !ven. and i find obtenebration far more
sane, and thematic, way of giving some stealth to them. it costs more
than obf at least; which says a lot on how sick Ven with obfuscate
really are. i don't find this vampire unnecessary. rather it seems just
right -- and the special does kind of encourage intra-sect violence. i'd
be amused whether Cardinal Sin: Insubordination makes an appearance in
intercepty !ven decks just to knock out your prey's sabbat minions.

as...@hotmail.com

Dec 31, 2006, 4:02:03 AM12/31/06

Pat skrev:

> Cameraphone quality picture of the card here:
>
> http://farm1.static.flickr.com/154/339093559_b78e06a116_o.jpg

Jesus. Now WW has gone from bad Photoshop-art to unmodified photos (or
is that a Photoshop-applied tatoo I see?). I guess that is kind of LSJs
cousins hounds roommates brothers girlfriend or something. Am I right?

Orpheus

Dec 31, 2006, 7:01:15 AM12/31/06

Come on, you're not being nice ! There is obviously a photoshop filter here.
That should atek at least 30 seconds to choose and apply, so you see, there
is work after all...

:-(

--
Orpheus

Nearly made it to LSJ's Killfile !!

Daneel

Dec 31, 2006, 7:30:58 AM12/31/06
On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 13:01:15 +0100, Orpheus <orphe...@DEADSPAMfree.fr>
wrote:

[sarcasm]

You obviously don't understand ART. The real work is *choosing* the
picture. It requires artistic vein to do. Plus, you need a digital
camera and a licenced copy of Photoshop to achieve these kinds of
illustrations. That increases the costs (and obviously the value of
the piece of art as well). I suspect you also need to be on good
terms with whoever is responsible for art procurement, which may (or
may not) carry extra costs (and add extra value).

[/sarcasm]

--
Regards,

Daneel

Jozxyqk

Dec 31, 2006, 7:40:01 AM12/31/06

> http://farm1.static.flickr.com/154/339093559_b78e06a116_o.jpg

The art looks like it's a self-portrait.

This is Katie McCaskill from Oscar's Create-a-Clan:

http://www.monocleofclarity.com/pictures/katie.jpg

Pat

Dec 31, 2006, 9:56:37 AM12/31/06

#105, March 2007. Superman on the cover, VTES blurb on the top right.

Other WW/V:TES content:

Article w/pic on the CCP merger
Blurb on Sword of Caine
Sword of Caine full-page ad
Cyscek War Ghoul deck w/commentary

- Pat

Klai...@gmail.com

Dec 31, 2006, 12:11:46 PM12/31/06
Ahh finally more OBT... Bruce de Guy needed some more friends and
Kestrelle is just perfect support vampire to him. And she is group 4 so
she goes perfectly in the black hand AUS deck.

Peter D Bakija

Dec 31, 2006, 12:25:22 PM12/31/06

obelisk wrote:
> Riiiiiiight... b/c the ventrue and the !ventrue could really use more
> tools to supplement their arsenals...

A lot of folks would claim, the !Ventrue could use the help (although
I'm probably not one of them :-)

As a regular Ventrue, she is pretty poor, what with, uh, AUS, dom, for,
obt. The Ventrue can probably do better than pay 6 for a vampire with
dom, for...

-Peter

Neil

Dec 31, 2006, 1:37:00 PM12/31/06

Jozxyqk <jfeu...@eecs.tufts.edu> wrote in message

> > http://farm1.static.flickr.com/154/339093559_b78e06a116_o.jpg
>
> The art looks like it's a self-portrait.
>
> This is Katie McCaskill from Oscar's Create-a-Clan:
>
> http://www.monocleofclarity.com/pictures/katie.jpg

Nah, it's Super Nanny.

Neil

Pat

Dec 31, 2006, 10:49:47 PM12/31/06
"Pat" <patric...@NOSPAMcomcast.net> wrote in message news:...

> Found in Scrye magazine:
>
> Kestrelle Hayes
> Ventrue antribu
> Capacity 6
> Group 4
> dom for obt AUS
> Sabbat. Black Hand. Kestrelle gets +1 stealth on (D) actions directed at a
> Methuselah who doesn't control a ready Sabbat vampire.
> Artist: Katie McCaskill

What's the official release date for Kestrelle?

Thx,
Pat

LSJ

Jan 1, 2007, 9:53:39 AM1/1/07

Well, it's in the March issue, so January 1, 2007, of course.
:-)

Orpheus

Jan 1, 2007, 10:38:55 AM1/1/07
> >> Found in Scrye magazine:
> >>
> >> Kestrelle Hayes
> >> Ventrue antribu
> >> Capacity 6
> >> Group 4
> >> dom for obt AUS
> >> Sabbat. Black Hand. Kestrelle gets +1 stealth on (D) actions directed
at a
> >> Methuselah who doesn't control a ready Sabbat vampire.
> >> Artist: Katie McCaskill
> >
> > What's the official release date for Kestrelle?
>
> Well, it's in the March issue, so January 1, 2007, of course.
> :-)

April's fool ? Malkavian Prank ? Madman's logic ? Leftovers of New Year's
feastings ?

--
Orpheus
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said,

--Robert McCloskey

Pat

Jan 1, 2007, 2:23:17 PM1/1/07
"Orpheus" <orphe...@DEADSPAMfree.fr> wrote in message

> at a
>> >
>> > What's the official release date for Kestrelle?
>>
>> Well, it's in the March issue, so January 1, 2007, of course.
>> :-)

Thanks. :)

> April's fool ? Malkavian Prank ? Madman's logic ? Leftovers of New Year's
> feastings ?

I bought my copy of the mag on Dec 30, 2006, so it's perfectly logical to
me. :)

- Pat

Orpheus

Jan 2, 2007, 9:49:54 AM1/2/07

> >> Well, it's in the March issue, so January 1, 2007, of course.
> >> :-)
> >

> Thanks. :)
>
> > April's fool ? Malkavian Prank ? Madman's logic ? Leftovers of New
Year's
> > feastings ?
> >

> I bought my copy of the mag on Dec 30, 2006, so it's perfectly logical to
> me. :)

March issue in December ? Who played with Temporis again ?!

Hardy Range

Jan 17, 2007, 10:19:16 AM1/17/07

The picture of the card shows that Kestrelle Hayes is group 4, as
reflected in the text Pat gives.

But in the card list on the WW web site, it states group 5, see here:
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/index.php?line=Cardlist_K#Kestrelle_Hayes

Which is correct (i.e., is "group 5" an errata)?

Hardy Range
Prince of Bochum, Germany

LSJ

Jan 17, 2007, 11:00:59 AM1/17/07

She's printed as group 5 in the SoC boosters, so might as well get used to the
idea now (with errata to the promo printing).

The only possible explanation for this error is that I changed her group during
the SoC playtest while lapsing on the memory of her having been printed earlier
as a promo. My sincere regrets for the error.