Blood hunt referendum

Asnek

May 17, 2010, 9:47:13 AM5/17/10
Hi all

sorry if this were questioned and answered before but unfortunately i
was't lucky to find the rulling out.

As there are quite a lot new cards with blood hunt atribute i came
into small argue with myself and rules.

rulebook for blood hunt:

6.5.6. The Blood Hunt
When a vampire commits diablerie, a referendum is automatically
conducted to determine if a blood hunt will be called on the
diablerist. If the referendum passes, a blood hunt is called, and the
diablerist is burned. This referendum is not an action, so it cannot
be blocked, and action modifiers and reaction cards cannot be played.
Otherwise, this referendum is handled just like any other.

Unfortunately there are some new (OK QUITE NEW) cards that have stated
blood hunt:
Veles' Hunt
Type: Political Action
Requires: Gangrel
Cost: 3 pool
Blood hunt referendum.
Choose an ally or younger non-titled vampire controlled by your prey.
Successful referendum means that minion is burned. If this referendum
fails or is canceled, no more Veles' Hunts can be played this game.

Bernard, the Scourge
Clan: Gangrel (group 4)
Capacity: 5
Disciplines: ani for pre pro
Camarilla: Bernard can call a blood hunt on a vampire of capacity 4 or
less as a +1 stealth political action

As regular Blood hunt refentdum is called automatically i understand
that part in rules that there is no action and therefor no action
modifiers and/or reaction cards may be played.

Questions:
1 - As Veles hunt has card text "Blood hunt referendum." and it is
action card, is it allowed to play any action modifiers and/or
reactios?
I believe answer is yes but in case of no please give me some
explanation not only answer

2 / As bernard calls "his special referendum" as an action i believe
that it's possible to play action modifier and/or reaction cards.
I believe answer is yes but in case of no please give me some
explanation not only answer

AND

as we are handling blood hunts i would like to ask one more questioin
regarding Imperator and/or advanced karsh ability:
both state:
This vampire(Karsh) may play a Blood Hunt card from your hand or ash
heap as a prince.
does it mean that the card i want to play need to require Prince or it
means that i can play any blood hunt card and if it have requirement
i'm counted as a prince for those requirements???

Vincent

May 17, 2010, 10:21:54 AM5/17/10
On 17 mai, 15:47, Asnek <tatadl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Questions:
> 1 - As Veles hunt has card text "Blood hunt referendum." and it is
> action card, is it allowed to play any action modifiers and/or
> reactios?
> I believe answer is yes but in case of no please give me some
> explanation not only answer

Yes, because Veles Hunt is an action.
The "Blood Hunt" described in the rulebook is a different thing which
is not a action.

> 2 / As bernard calls "his special referendum" as an action i believe
> that it's possible to play action modifier and/or reaction cards.
> I believe answer is yes but in case of no please give me some
> explanation not only answer

Yes, same reason.

> AND
>
> as we are handling blood hunts i would like to ask one more questioin
> regarding Imperator and/or advanced karsh ability:
> both state:
> This vampire(Karsh) may play a Blood Hunt card from your hand or ash
> heap as a prince.
> does it mean that the card i want to play need to require Prince or it
> means that i can play any blood hunt card and if it have requirement
> i'm counted as a prince for those requirements???

You can play a "Blood Hunt" card and meet the Prince requirement if
any.

OldFan

May 17, 2010, 12:20:52 PM5/17/10

Okay then, for LSJ....

So what exactly IS the point of the text "blood hunt" onto Veles Hunt
and Bernard the Scourge? What exactly, rules-wise, does it mean, or
how does it impact the game?

What I mean is: Is there something special about a "blood hunt
political action" that must be played differently from a "political
action"?

-Asif Chaudhry

Jozxyqk

May 17, 2010, 12:30:19 PM5/17/10
OldFan <asif.i....@gmail.com> wrote:
> So what exactly IS the point of the text "blood hunt" onto Veles Hunt
> and Bernard the Scourge? What exactly, rules-wise, does it mean, or
> how does it impact the game?

You can't target Tariq/Muaziz/etc. with it, for one thing...

Meej

May 17, 2010, 12:33:56 PM5/17/10
On May 17, 12:20 pm, OldFan <asif.i.chaud...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So what exactly IS the point of the text "blood hunt" onto Veles Hunt
> and Bernard the Scourge?  What exactly, rules-wise, does it mean, or
> how does it impact the game?

IANALSJ, but...

Urban Jungle provides 2 automatic votes against them. They cannot be
called/played on Archons, Tariq, etc. Ebony Fox Hunt, Gangrel
Conspiracy, Absolution of the Diabolist, etc. can cancel them. And so
on.

- D.J.

OldFan

May 17, 2010, 12:40:48 PM5/17/10

Hey DJ - good to know you aren't secretly LSJ. :-D

So, basically, "blood hunt" on those cards are simply key words, or
"trigger text" for other cards in the game?

We don't have to worry about "well, since this is a blood hunt
political action, I can't play Awe, or Voter cap, but at least my
opponent's can't play Delaying tactics." ?

Is that the general gist of things?

- Asif Chaudhry

LSJ

May 17, 2010, 2:15:45 PM5/17/10

Correct.

Abdul alHazred

May 18, 2010, 4:05:33 AM5/18/10

and a "Blood Hunt" card means a card with the key word "blood hunt" on
it (eg Veles Hunt) and not just the card(s if any) named "Blood Hunt" ?

Jozxyqk

May 18, 2010, 5:31:31 AM5/18/10
Abdul alHazred <hallon...@yahoo.se> wrote:
> > > This vampire(Karsh) may play a Blood Hunt card from your hand or ash
> > > heap as a prince.
> > > does it mean that the card i want to play need to require Prince or it
> > > means that i can play any blood hunt card and if it have requirement
> > > i'm counted as a prince for those requirements???
> >
> > You can play a "Blood Hunt" card and meet the Prince requirement if
> > any.

> and a "Blood Hunt" card means a card with the key word "blood hunt" on
> it (eg Veles Hunt) and not just the card(s if any) named "Blood Hunt" ?

No. It means the card named Blood Hunt.

Asnek

May 18, 2010, 6:05:34 AM5/18/10
On 18. Máj, 11:31 h., Jozxyqk <jfeue...@eecs.tufts.edu> wrote:

I'm not sure about that. As was agreed above blood hunt can be counted
as keyword. In that case it seems logic for me that the option "You

can play a "Blood Hunt" card and meet the Prince requirement if any."

should be right...

LSJ

May 18, 2010, 6:52:24 AM5/18/10
On May 18, 6:05 am, Asnek <tatadl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > and a "Blood Hunt" card means a card with the key word "blood hunt" on
> > > it (eg Veles Hunt) and not just the card(s if any) named "Blood Hunt" ?
>
> > No. It means the card named Blood Hunt.

Correct.

http://forums.white-wolf.com/cs/forums/p/17505/354439.aspx

Vincent

May 18, 2010, 7:04:57 AM5/18/10

The "Blood Hunt" Imperator refers to is the card named "Blood Hunt".

See also Dan Murdock:
Dan may take an action to allow you to go though your library, find
Giant's Blood, and take it into your hand. Reshuffle afterwards and
discard to your maximum hand size.

Or Veles' Hunt (notice the uncapitalized h in "Blood hunt referendum")

Name: Veles' Hunt
Cardtype: Political Action
Clan: Gangrel

Cost: 3 pool
Blood hunt referendum.
Choose an ally or younger non-titled vampire controlled by your prey.
Successful referendum means that minion is burned. If this referendum
fails or is canceled, no more Veles' Hunts can be played this game.

In short,

"Blood Hunt" is a card.
"Blood hunt referendum" (Veles' Hunt, Cloak of Blood, etc.) or "call a
blood hunt" (Bernard, the Scourge) or "Blood hunts cannot be called on
Muaziz" refers to a referendum of type "blood hunt".

The "blood hunt" part in the rulebook covers two things:
- when a blood hunt is called per rule ( = after a diablerie).
Indicates also that in that case, there is no action and no action
modifiers or reactions can be played
- the effects of a successful blood hunt referendum ( = burn a
vampire)

Abdul alHazred

May 18, 2010, 7:20:49 AM5/18/10
> vampire)- Dölj citerad text -
>
> - Visa citerad text -

Thank you for the quick clarification.

What puzzled me is the phrasing in your statement (and apparently
Asnek too) "You can play a "Blood Hunt" card and meet the Prince
requirement if
any. " Since you do mean a specific card that has a prince requirement
why write "prince requirement if any" since it to me implies both
possibilities do exist (ergo there are some with the prince
requirements and some without it). Are you trying to include any
potential future cards named "Blood Hunt: x" in the clarification?

cheers

Tomas

Vincent

May 18, 2010, 7:26:43 AM5/18/10
> Tomas- Masquer le texte des messages précédents -
>
> - Afficher le texte des messages précédents -

It was a generic answer concerning "play X as Y". In that particuliar
case, since Blood Hunt is the only card concerned, the "if any" is not
relevant.

Sorry for the confusion.