Blanket of Night clarification

9 vues

The Nosferatu Stuff

non lue,
22 oct. 2001, 08:18:1222/10/2001
Can't get to the white wolf site this morning, but I was looking at blanket
of night and wondered:

[OBT] Only usable by a vampire other than the acting minion when a minion
attempts to block an acting minion you control. Tap this modifying vampire
to cause the block to fail; that blocking minion cannot attempt to block
this action again.

Can a tapped vampire use Blanket of Night? Just seems to match the wording
on Cloak the Gathering which is usable by another tapped vampire:

[OBF] Usable by a ready vampire other than the acting minion. The acting
minion gets +1 stealth.
--
Aaron
The Nosferatu Stuff

The Lasombra

non lue,
22 oct. 2001, 08:31:3422/10/2001
"The Nosferatu Stuff" <roans...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Can't get to the white wolf site this morning, but I was looking at blanket
> of night and wondered:
>
> [OBT] Only usable by a vampire other than the acting minion when a minion
> attempts to block an acting minion you control. Tap this modifying vampire
> to cause the block to fail; that blocking minion cannot attempt to block
> this action again.
>
> Can a tapped vampire use Blanket of Night?

Yes and No.

You can play it when tappped, but it will have no effect.
You must tap the vampire to gain the effect. See the second sentence,
"Tap ... to cause", If you do not tap there is no to cause.

> Just seems to match the wording
> on Cloak the Gathering which is usable by another tapped vampire:
>
> [OBF] Usable by a ready vampire other than the acting minion. The acting
> minion gets +1 stealth.

Cloak does not require you to tap to gain the effect.

In general, all action modifiers are played by tapped minions.
If an action modifier requires you to tap to gain its effects,
they you must be untapped to play it. There are four that require
you to tap to gain their effects:
Hidden Lurker
Blanket of Night
Malleable Visage
Mask of a Thousand Faces.

Carpe noctem.

Lasombra

http://www.TheLasombra.com

--
Posted from rr-163-54-196.atl.mediaone.net [24.163.54.196]

LSJ

non lue,
22 oct. 2001, 10:04:3622/10/2001
The Nosferatu Stuff wrote:

> Can't get to the white wolf site this morning, but I was looking at blanket
> of night and wondered:
>
> [OBT] Only usable by a vampire other than the acting minion when a minion
> attempts to block an acting minion you control. Tap this modifying vampire
> to cause the block to fail; that blocking minion cannot attempt to block
> this action again.
>
> Can a tapped vampire use Blanket of Night? Just seems to match the wording
> on Cloak the Gathering which is usable by another tapped vampire:

No. The blanketter must "tap to".

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

0 nouveau message