((LSJ)) Jua Vema

Juggernaut1981

Jan 7, 2010, 7:24:02 PM1/7/10
LSJ,
Would the action from Daring the Dawn be converted to agg by Jua Vema?

Jua Vema
Type: Combat
Requires: Fortitude
[for] This vampire treats aggravated damage as normal damage this
round.
[FOR] As above, but for the remainder of the action if you tap an Aye
on him or her.

Daring the Dawn
Type: Action Modifier
Requires: Fortitude
[for] Vampires cannot block this action. The acting vampire takes 2
unpreventable aggravated damage after the action resolves.
[FOR] As above, but the acting vampire takes 1 unpreventable
aggravated damage.

LSJ

Jan 7, 2010, 8:18:02 PM1/7/10
On Jan 7, 7:24 pm, Juggernaut1981 <brasscompo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> LSJ,
> Would the action from Daring the Dawn be converted to agg by Jua Vema?

Well, the vampire could treat the agg damage done that round as
normal, sure.
(Or all combat if you tap an Aye).

Frederick Scott

Jan 7, 2010, 9:25:40 PM1/7/10
"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message

> On Jan 7, 7:24 pm, Juggernaut1981 <brasscompo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > LSJ,
> > Would the action from Daring the Dawn be converted to agg by Jua Vema?
>
> Well, the vampire could treat the agg damage done that round as
> normal, sure.
> (Or all combat if you tap an Aye).

Card text on the superior of Jua Vema would appear to say that the conversion
effect lasts until the end of the action, not just the end of combat. I'm not
sure if there's a rule in the rulebook which explicitly states that combat
cards' effects end at the end of the combat in which they're played. (Rule
1.6.3 states that combat cards are played by minions in combat but nothing
about how long their effect can or can't last.) But even if there was, the
card text would appear to override it, just as the Catatonic Fear's card text
explicitly allows for damage after the combat ends. What am I missing?

> > Jua Vema
> > Type: Combat
> > Requires: Fortitude
> > [for] This vampire treats aggravated damage as normal damage this
> > round.
> > [FOR] As above, but for the remainder of the action if you tap an Aye
> > on him or her.
> >
> > Daring the Dawn
> > Type: Action Modifier
> > Requires: Fortitude
> > [for] Vampires cannot block this action. The acting vampire takes 2
> > unpreventable aggravated damage after the action resolves.
> > [FOR] As above, but the acting vampire takes 1 unpreventable
> > aggravated damage.

Fred

Juggernaut1981

Jan 7, 2010, 10:20:26 PM1/7/10
On Jan 8, 1:25 pm, "Frederick Scott" <nos...@no.spam.dot.com> wrote:
> "LSJ" <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message

Yeah, I just wanted to know if the "after the action resolves" damage
was converted with Jua Vema @ FOR

DeathInABottle

Jan 7, 2010, 11:32:39 PM1/7/10

Well, Jua Vema applies while the action is in process, but Daring the
Dawn causes the acting vampire to "take unpreventable aggravated
damage AFTER the action resolves". So no, the damage isn't converted.

Haze

Jan 7, 2010, 11:55:41 PM1/7/10

Based on a ruling concerning Spirit Marionette timing, Daring the Dawn
deals its damage after the action has resolved, but before it has
officially ended (in the same window as freak drive). Therefore, Jua
Vema at superior would treat the agg as normal.

Lönkka

Jan 8, 2010, 7:00:47 AM1/8/10
Form of Mist anyone?

Cheers,
Lönkka/Janne

LSJ

Jan 8, 2010, 8:59:21 AM1/8/10
On Jan 7, 10:20 pm, Juggernaut1981 <brasscompo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, I just wanted to know if the "after the action resolves" damage
> was converted with Jua Vema @ FOR

Yes, it is.

Matthew T. Morgan

Jan 8, 2010, 10:22:20 AM1/8/10
On Fri, 8 Jan 2010, LSJ wrote:

It should be noted that you can't play Jua Vema outside of combat. So
you'd need to take an action, play Daring the Dawn and then get blocked by
an ally to play Jua Vema. Hopefully you could continue the action after
that or I really don't know what the point was.

I guess you could take an action, get blocked, play Jua Vema followed by
Form of Mist (or similar) and then Daring the Dawn. Still doesn't seem
like that great a combo to me, compared to say, Lost in Crowds.

LSJ

Jan 8, 2010, 10:27:54 AM1/8/10

Or you could take an action to get into combat (e.g., Bum's Rush), and
modify it with Daring the Dawn to ensure that the right target gets
into combat.

Juggernaut1981

Jan 9, 2010, 1:08:28 AM1/9/10

LSJ> Much closer to the original plan. Rush + Daring the Dawn instead
of Rush+Stealth or Rush + Block Fails...

chedcan

Jan 10, 2010, 10:24:11 AM1/10/10
The Ishtarri can try to pull off this stunt:

1- Big presence bleed gets blocked
2- combat goes superior Jua Vema followed by superior Torrent
3- Superior Daring the Dawn to prevent further vamps from blocking and
not going to torpor for it

Card intensive combo and costs a lot of blood. Can be stopped by lots
of things (Grapple, allies, etc...)
The look on other player's face when they see it for the first time
and it works... priceless.