Rodtrëch, again

2 vues

Tom, Mad&Co

non lue,
3 sept. 2001, 05:43:2003/09/2001
Hi all,

This question came to our playgroup this weekend, and I'd like someone could
confirm what is the correct use of this card.

Some of our guys plays a nasty Tzimisce Intercept-Agg-Rot deck, and I was
playing a !Ventrue Ecstatic Agony/Fortitude deck that carries 6 skin of
night.

So, the statement:

Lazverinus goes for an Eternal Vigilance. Meshena blocks with little effort.
Combat begins. I know he plays that combo, so, before range is determined, I
play an inferior Skin of Night (all agg damage received this round becomes
non-agg). Range is close and meshenka strikes with a chiropteran marauder at
superior. Can my opponent play a Rostrech to end combat and send Lazve to
torpor???'

I guess the answer is no, but Damnans states that Lazverinus should go to
bed for a while...

Thanks in advance,

Tom,Mad&Co

James Coupe

non lue,
3 sept. 2001, 09:07:2403/09/2001
In message <9mviml$im0$1...@talia.mad.ttd.net>, "Tom, Mad&Co"
<t...@almadrava.net> writes

>Lazverinus goes for an Eternal Vigilance. Meshena blocks with little effort.
>Combat begins. I know he plays that combo, so, before range is determined, I
>play an inferior Skin of Night (all agg damage received this round becomes
>non-agg). Range is close and meshenka strikes with a chiropteran marauder at
>superior. Can my opponent play a Rostrech to end combat and send Lazve to
>torpor???'

I'm not LSJ etc. but:

- Meshenka is attempting to use aggravated damage, even though
Lazverinus will treat it as normal
- This fulfils the criteria for playing Rotschreck

--
James Coupe PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D
Close your eyes so you don't feel them EBD690ECD7A1F

LSJ

non lue,
4 sept. 2001, 06:51:2804/09/2001
James Coupe wrote:

> In message <9mviml$im0$1...@talia.mad.ttd.net>, "Tom, Mad&Co"
> <t...@almadrava.net> writes
> >Lazverinus goes for an Eternal Vigilance. Meshena blocks with little effort.
> >Combat begins. I know he plays that combo, so, before range is determined, I
> >play an inferior Skin of Night (all agg damage received this round becomes
> >non-agg). Range is close and meshenka strikes with a chiropteran marauder at
> >superior. Can my opponent play a Rostrech to end combat and send Lazve to
> >torpor???'
>
> I'm not LSJ etc. but:
>
> - Meshenka is attempting to use aggravated damage, even though
> Lazverinus will treat it as normal
> - This fulfils the criteria for playing Rotschreck

Correct. It doesn't matter what the damage will do (be prevented,
dodged, treated as normal, ignored, etc.) - it only matters that
the minion attempt to use aggravated damage against the vampire
(card text).

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Sten During

non lue,
4 sept. 2001, 07:21:4404/09/2001
LSJ wrote:

> Correct. It doesn't matter what the damage will do (be prevented,
> dodged, treated as normal, ignored, etc.) - it only matters that
> the minion attempt to use aggravated damage against the vampire
> (card text).

What about a situation where the minion attempting to do aggravated
damage is unable to do so for other reasons than range? For example
unable to raise strength after being the target of Song of Serenity.
Basically, is attempting to inflict zero aggravated damage enough
for Rötschreck to work?

Sten

--
NetGuide Scandinavia AB http://www.netg.se/
Tankegangen 4 in...@netg.se

Roger Carhult

non lue,
4 sept. 2001, 10:21:1804/09/2001

"Sten During" <ya...@netg.se> wrote in message
LSJ wrote:

>> Correct. It doesn't matter what the damage will do (be prevented,
>> dodged, treated as normal, ignored, etc.) - it only matters that
> >the minion attempt to use aggravated damage against the vampire
> >(card text).
>>

>What about a situation where the minion attempting to do aggravated
>damage is unable to do so for other reasons than range? For example
>unable to raise strength after being the target of Song of Serenity.
>Basically, is attempting to inflict zero aggravated damage enough
>for Rötschreck to work?

No it's not enough

LSJ

non lue,
4 sept. 2001, 13:26:4804/09/2001

Correct. You must attempt to use aggravated damage - and zero point
of aggravated damage doesn't qualify.

KingJohann

non lue,
16 sept. 2001, 20:53:3416/09/2001
Speaking of Rotshrek, this came up in play last night and I could use a little
help.

Meth. A (playing Tzimisce) attempted an action and was blocked by Meth. B
(playing !Gangrel). Both vampires attempted to use aggravated damage, so Meth.
C threw down a 'shrek. Both vampires go to torpor, yes?

Thanks for any help

The Lasombra

non lue,
16 sept. 2001, 20:59:3016/09/2001
"KingJohann" <kingj...@aol.com> wrote in message

No.

One (and only one) vampire can be the target of the Rotschreck card.
The one that is targetted goes to torpor. The other does not take
any damage.

Carpe noctem.

Lasombra

http://www.TheLasombra.com

--
Posted from rr-163-54-80.atl.mediaone.net [24.163.54.80]

0 nouveau message