Moving Locquipment?

1 view

Timlagor

Jun 6, 2003, 9:21:56 PM6/6/03
Is there any way to move Locquipment?
The only one I could think of was Diablerie but checking the rules
this doesn't work. (Blood and equipment are moved ,all else burns)
I'm pretty sure the cardless equip from another minion action doesn't
work either? I thought that either the minion getting the equipment or
the one losing it could take the action to move it but can't find the
latter option in the rules -was I wrong or did I just miss it?

Finally -why does LSJ use google for this when you can download free
viewers that are so much better?
(I just got one from www.40tude.com which seems ok)

LSJ

Jun 6, 2003, 9:55:09 PM6/6/03
Timlagor wrote:
> Is there any way to move Locquipment?

Succubus Club, Disputed Territory, etc.

> The only one I could think of was Diablerie but checking the rules
> this doesn't work. (Blood and equipment are moved ,all else burns)

Correct.

> I'm pretty sure the cardless equip from another minion action doesn't
> work either?

Correct.

> I thought that either the minion getting the equipment or
> the one losing it could take the action to move it but can't find the
> latter option in the rules -was I wrong or did I just miss it?

There is no default action to move locations, no.

> Finally -why does LSJ use google for this when you can download free
> viewers that are so much better?

I use Google for searching USENET archives because it is complete w.r.t
r.g.t-c.jyhad, free, easy to use, flexible, quick, powerful, and
integrated with a standard web search engine as well.

I do not use it as a "viewer", whatever that is in the above context.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

James Coupe

Jun 6, 2003, 9:56:06 PM6/6/03
In message <xj788eze2a57.k...@40tude.net>, Timlagor

<Timlagor...@yahoo.co.uk> writes:
>Is there any way to move Locquipment?

Yes. For instance, Disputed Territory.

Note, however:

# Loquipment may be put on any ready minion if moved in an ambiguous
fashion (by Disputed Territory, e.g.). If the new controller has no
minions, the locquipment is burned. (Note: currently all moves are
ambiguous - TOM). [RTR 19960112]

# Transferring Locquipment via Disputed Territory to the *same*
Methuselah that currently controls the locquipment results in no effect
- the locquipment cannot be moved to a different minion of the same
Methuselah. [LSJ 19971002]

>The only one I could think of was Diablerie but checking the rules
>this doesn't work. (Blood and equipment are moved ,all else burns)

It doesn't.

>I'm pretty sure the cardless equip from another minion action doesn't
>work either?

It doesn't.

Both for the same reason:

# Loquipment doesn't count as equipment while it is in play. [RTR
19960112]

The cardless equip from another minion only affects equipment;
loquipment in play isn't equipment. Similarly, diablerie transfers
equipment; loquipment in play isn't equipment.

>I thought that either the minion getting the equipment or
>the one losing it could take the action to move it but can't find the
>latter option in the rules -was I wrong or did I just miss it?

There is no cardless action to allow movement of loquipment.

>Finally -why does LSJ use google for this when you can download free
>viewers that are so much better?
>(I just got one from www.40tude.com which seems ok)

I couldn't comment authoratitively but LSJ's headers, along with the
speed of a number of his responses (Google can be *VERY* slow to get
some posts), note that he doesn't use it all the time anyway.

Google is, however, extremely good for pointing people to old posts -
especially those from years ago. Most people don't have an archive of
old posts to consult, but it's very necessary to have one somewhere in
order to maintain consistency.

With regards news-readers, Free Agent or Forte Agent have long been the
top choice of many Usenet gurus under Windows; development on Free is
slower than on Forte, but you don't have to pay for it.

http://www.forteinc.com/main/homepage.php

Gravity is also popular, and very configurable. And now free, because
the company closed. One page about it, with all sorts of relevant links
is:

http://lightning.prohosting.com/~tbates/gravity/

Other than that, the newsreader built into Mozilla/Netscape 7 is
generally useful. Personally, I use a piece of software called Turnpike
- but you have to pay for that, if you're not using it on the ISP who
support it, so I tend not to recommend it to people when there are
useful free alternatives.

--
James Coupe
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D

Timlagor

Jun 6, 2003, 10:24:05 PM6/6/03
On Fri, 06 Jun 2003 21:55:09 -0400, LSJ wrote:

> Timlagor wrote:
>> Is there any way to move Locquipment?
>
> Succubus Club, Disputed Territory, etc.

Ah yes. Thanks

>> I thought that either the minion getting the equipment or
>> the one losing it could take the action to move it but can't find the
>> latter option in the rules -was I wrong or did I just miss it?
>
> There is no default action to move locations, no.

Sorry. This was about equipment and who could take the action to move
it -the minion it was going to or the one giving it away.

Timlagor

Jun 6, 2003, 10:27:21 PM6/6/03
>>Finally -why does LSJ use google for this when you can download free
>>viewers that are so much better?
>>(I just got one from www.40tude.com which seems ok)
>
> I couldn't comment authoratitively but LSJ's headers, along with the
> speed of a number of his responses (Google can be *VERY* slow to get
> some posts), note that he doesn't use it all the time anyway.
>
> Google is, however, extremely good for pointing people to old posts -
> especially those from years ago. Most people don't have an archive of
> old posts to consult, but it's very necessary to have one somewhere in
> order to maintain consistency.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I thought it was odd ;-)

> With regards news-readers, Free Agent or Forte Agent have long been the
> top choice of many Usenet gurus under Windows; development on Free is
> slower than on Forte, but you don't have to pay for it.
>
> http://www.forteinc.com/main/homepage.php

I tried this first and Free Agent kept telling me I couldn't do basic
stuff without paying for it.

LSJ

Jun 7, 2003, 8:30:21 AM6/7/03

If you switch topics, you should identify the switch.
Probably best to start a new topic when the switch isn't covered
under the subject, as well.

The taker takes the action. The loser does not.
For details on the equip action, see the rulebook. [6.1.3]

Timlagor

Jun 8, 2003, 6:20:17 AM6/8/03
>>(I just got one from www.40tude.com which seems ok)
>
> I couldn't comment authoratitively but LSJ's headers, along with the
> speed of a number of his responses (Google can be *VERY* slow to get
> some posts), note that he doesn't use it all the time anyway.
>
> Google is, however, extremely good for pointing people to old posts -
> especially those from years ago. Most people don't have an archive of
> old posts to consult, but it's very necessary to have one somewhere in
> order to maintain consistency.
>

> With regards news-readers, Free Agent or Forte Agent have long been the
> top choice of many Usenet gurus under Windows; development on Free is
> slower than on Forte, but you don't have to pay for it.
>
> http://www.forteinc.com/main/homepage.php
>
> Gravity is also popular, and very configurable. And now free, because
> the company closed. One page about it, with all sorts of relevant links
> is:
>
> http://lightning.prohosting.com/~tbates/gravity/
>

> Other than that, the newsreader built into Mozilla/Netscape 7 is
> generally useful. Personally, I use a piece of software called Turnpike
> - but you have to pay for that, if you're not using it on the ISP who
> support it, so I tend not to recommend it to people when there are
> useful free alternatives.

It might be helpful to stick these urls (or one of them) on the VTES
website (which currently only points to google as far as I can tell).