Moving a library card vampire into the crypt

Daneel

Dec 1, 2004, 9:43:45 AM12/1/04
Really, what happens?

If I have an Embrace, Progeny, Creation Rites or other
library card that designates a vampire and she is moved
to the uncontrolled region via Banishment, Peace of
Khetamon or a similar effect, what will be the effects
of playing Memories of Mortality, Kaymakli Nightmares,
Chain of Command or a similar effect so that the
vampire would be moved into the crypt?

--
Bye,

Daneel

LSJ

Dec 1, 2004, 9:51:57 AM12/1/04
"Daneel" <dan...@eposta.hu> wrote in message

> Really, what happens?
>
> If I have an Embrace, Progeny, Creation Rites or other
> library card that designates a vampire and she is moved
> to the uncontrolled region via Banishment, Peace of
> Khetamon or a similar effect, what will be the effects
> of playing [Memory's Fading Glimpse], Kaymakli Nightmares,

> Chain of Command or a similar effect so that the
> vampire would be moved into the crypt?

They go to the ash heap.

V:TES homepage: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/
Though effective, appear to be ineffective -- Sun Tzu

Screaming Vermillian

Dec 1, 2004, 10:23:14 AM12/1/04
Good bye Call the Great Beast! :) (or play protect thine own...)

Daneel

Dec 1, 2004, 10:27:47 AM12/1/04
On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 09:51:57 -0500, LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:

> "Daneel" <dan...@eposta.hu> wrote in message
>> Really, what happens?
>>
>> If I have an Embrace, Progeny, Creation Rites or other
>> library card that designates a vampire and she is moved
>> to the uncontrolled region via Banishment, Peace of
>> Khetamon or a similar effect, what will be the effects
>> of playing [Memory's Fading Glimpse], Kaymakli Nightmares,
>> Chain of Command or a similar effect so that the
>> vampire would be moved into the crypt?
>
> They go to the ash heap.

Thanks for the reply!

--
Bye,

Daneel

Enrique San Mart?n

Dec 1, 2004, 2:55:35 PM12/1/04
"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message news:<31640fF...@individual.net>...

> "Daneel" <dan...@eposta.hu> wrote in message
> > Really, what happens?
> >
> > If I have an Embrace, Progeny, Creation Rites or other
> > library card that designates a vampire and she is moved
> > to the uncontrolled region via Banishment, Peace of
> > Khetamon or a similar effect, what will be the effects
> > of playing [Memory's Fading Glimpse], Kaymakli Nightmares,
> > Chain of Command or a similar effect so that the
> > vampire would be moved into the crypt?
>
> They go to the ash heap.

and why's that??? i.ex.:

Third Tradition: Progeny [Jyhad:U, VTES:U, CE:U]
Third Tradition: Progeny, The
Cardtype: Action
Cost: 1 blood
Capacity: 1

Requires a ready <non-Sterile> prince or justicar. +1 stealth action.
Put this card in play; *** it becomes a 1 capacity vampire ***. You
may go through your library (shuffle afterward), ash heap or hand to
find a Discipline card for this vampire. Move up to 2 blood from the
acting vampire to this vampire. This vampire is not considered unique,
cannot take any actions this turn, and is the same clan as the acting
vampire.

Banishment [DS:U2, FN:PS, CE:PTo/PV]
Cardtype: Political Action

Political Card - Worth 1 Vote. Called by any vampire at +1 stealth.
Choose a younger ready vampire. Successful referendum means that the
chosen vampire is moved to the uncontrolled region (place him or her
face down). The vampire is uncontrolled. The vampire's blood counters,
master cards and minion cards stay with that vampire, with any
counters they have on them (they are out of play as long as the
vampire remains uncontrolled).

why the progeny go to ash heap??? the text say... put this card in
play, it becomes a vampire... (no can play card as a vampire or else)
and the banishment say Choose a younger ready vampire....

LSJ

Dec 1, 2004, 3:09:17 PM12/1/04
"Enrique San Mart?n" <es...@chile.com> wrote in message

> why the progeny go to ash heap??? the text say... put this card in
> play, it becomes a vampire... (no can play card as a vampire or else)
> and the banishment say Choose a younger ready vampire....

If the Embrace is Banished, it goes to the uncontrolled region,
where it remains a vampire and can be affected as normal by
things that affect vampires in the uncontrolled region (transfers,
Govern the Unaligned, etc.)

If it is then moved from the uncontrolled region to the crypt,
it will be moved to the ash heap instead, since it cannot be
in a crypt (library cards cannot be in a crypt and vice versa).