[LSJ] Stealing the eye with first strike?

1 vue

Tobias

non lue,
11 oct. 2002, 04:10:0711/10/2002
I have a feeling I know the answer to this one, but I would like it
from the horse's mouth so that I know what to say to the players at my
upcoming tourney.

Minion A (say, Lena Rowe), has the Eye of Hazimel.

Minion B is Lucian.

A takes an action. Lucian Blocks. Lena Declares a Sacrament of
Carnage. Lucian declares that he steals the gem.

Result: Lucian eats the damage, and Lucian has the Eye. Correct?

-------

Next question:

Lena is at it again. She takes an Action, this time Masika (CEL)
blocks.

Lena declares Sacrament of Carnage. Masika declares Fast Hands at
superior ([CEL] Strike: steal weapon with first strike).

Result: Masika has the gem, and the Sacrament fizzles due to Lena's
not having POT at the moment any more. Correct? Or does the Sacrament
still happen, due to Lena having POT at the time it was played?

Thanks
Tobias
Deventer

reyda

non lue,
11 oct. 2002, 07:10:2811/10/2002
Tobias wrote:
:: I have a feeling I know the answer to this one, but I would like it

:: from the horse's mouth so that I know what to say to the players
:: at my upcoming tourney.

here is a Quick answer from the Eye card's text :

While the bearer is ready,the Eye of Hazimel cannot be transferred stolen,
moved or stolen. Period =)

reyda

non lue,
11 oct. 2002, 07:13:1211/10/2002

However if you replace the eye for a Hand of conrad or Veneficorum, if a
strike or effect has already been declared, you cannot cancel it even if you
steal the item after striek declaration, with or without first strike.

LSJ

non lue,
11 oct. 2002, 07:47:5411/10/2002

Correct.

Lucian cannot steal the Eye.
Masika cannot use Fast Hands to steal the Eye.
(Note: Fast Hands can only steal weapons, not general equipment, so even
without the special "no-steal-me" ability on the eye, Fast Hands wouldn't
work)

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Darky

non lue,
11 oct. 2002, 13:04:1711/10/2002
tobiasop...@hotmail.com (Tobias) wrote in message news:<8aa6db00.02101...@posting.google.com>...

The eye specifically states:
While the bearer is ready, this equipment cannot be transferred, moved or stolen

John P.

non lue,
11 oct. 2002, 14:00:3011/10/2002

"Darky" <jja....@hccnet.nl> wrote in message news:93148a54.02101...@posting.google.com...

> The eye specifically states:

> While the bearer is ready, this equipment cannot be transferred, moved or stolen

What about while under the effects of drawing out the beast.
Minion cannot use equipment.

Does this mean that the "cannot steal, etc" bit would not be in effect?
(ie: Drawing out the beast, then stealing the equipment). I'm thinking no.

-JTP

LSJ

non lue,
11 oct. 2002, 14:11:4511/10/2002

Correct. It would still be in effect.

Tobias

non lue,
13 oct. 2002, 05:34:1813/10/2002
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message news:<3DA6BA6A...@white-wolf.com>...

> reyda wrote:
> >
> > Tobias wrote:
> > :: I have a feeling I know the answer to this one, but I would like it
> > :: from the horse's mouth so that I know what to say to the players
> > :: at my upcoming tourney.
> >
> > here is a Quick answer from the Eye card's text :
> >
> > While the bearer is ready,the Eye of Hazimel cannot be transferred stolen,
> > moved or stolen. Period =)
>
> Correct.
>
> Lucian cannot steal the Eye.
> Masika cannot use Fast Hands to steal the Eye.
> (Note: Fast Hands can only steal weapons, not general equipment, so even
> without the special "no-steal-me" ability on the eye, Fast Hands wouldn't
> work)

Sigh. That's what I get for thinking of complicated player-things,
without checking the card first.

Thanks LSJ and others.

Tobias
Deventer