Q: Melange

1 view

Alex Broadhead

Jan 25, 2003, 1:27:28 AM1/25/03
Howdy,

Does the bleed modifier associated with Melange at superior work like
the bleed modifier associated with superior Spying Mission? That is,
is using it/burning the Melange contingent on a successful bleed? I
used to think so, but I'm not sure why I did now.

Melange [Sabbat, SW]
Cardtype: Reaction
Discipline: Auspex
[aus] +1 intercept.
[AUS] As above, and if you successfully block the acting minion, put
this card on the acting minion; you still control this card. You may
burn this card to get +1 bleed when this vampire bleeds the controller
of the vampire with this card.

As an example of where it makes a difference, Zoe bleeds my prey,
whose Ozmo I have previously Melanged. My prey announces 'no block',
I burn the Melange for +1 bleed, and my prey then bounces the bleed to
his prey. I'm no longer bleeding the controller of the vampire with
the Melange, but I was when I burned the Melange - does the +1 bleed
still apply? Or could I not burn the Melange until the bleed was
actually successful against Ozmo's controller (which is to say that
after I burn it there is no more opportunity to bounce a la Spying
Mission)?

Thanks,
Alex

LSJ

Jan 25, 2003, 9:16:21 AM1/25/03
Alex Broadhead wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> Does the bleed modifier associated with Melange at superior work like
> the bleed modifier associated with superior Spying Mission? That is,
> is using it/burning the Melange contingent on a successful bleed? I
> used to think so, but I'm not sure why I did now.

No. You burn it to get +bleed just like you would play Threats
(although, of course, you can burn Melange before or after playing
other bleed modifiers, since it is not itself an action modifier).

> Melange [Sabbat, SW]
> Cardtype: Reaction
> Discipline: Auspex
> [aus] +1 intercept.
> [AUS] As above, and if you successfully block the acting minion, put
> this card on the acting minion; you still control this card. You may
> burn this card to get +1 bleed when this vampire bleeds the controller
> of the vampire with this card.
>
> As an example of where it makes a difference, Zoe bleeds my prey,
> whose Ozmo I have previously Melanged. My prey announces 'no block',
> I burn the Melange for +1 bleed, and my prey then bounces the bleed to
> his prey. I'm no longer bleeding the controller of the vampire with
> the Melange, but I was when I burned the Melange - does the +1 bleed
> still apply?

No. Like Foreshadowing of Destruction, the modifier is conditional.

> Or could I not burn the Melange until the bleed was
> actually successful against Ozmo's controller (which is to say that
> after I burn it there is no more opportunity to bounce a la Spying
> Mission)?

No.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

The Bard of Crete

Jan 25, 2003, 1:42:37 PM1/25/03
> No. Like Foreshadowing of Destruction, the modifier is conditional.

Nice. More resposible bleeding....