Aabbt Kindred / Spell of Life question

tbz_...@hotmail.com

Feb 27, 2009, 7:37:05 AM2/27/09
I was pondering creating an Aabbt / SoL deck.

Clearly the Aabbt wouldn't contest with each other, and (I don't
believe) an individual Aabbt wouldn't contest with an Aabt SoL Mummy,
but would two Aabbt SoL mummies contest with each other?

1.) Yes, they are both now unique Mummy Allies named Aabbt Kindred,
and therefore contest each other
2.) No, each mummy is a unique version of a non-unique vampire, and
therefor don't contest, ie each Mummy is a unique non-unique minion.

My gut feeling is 1 would be true, which makes me a sad panda (and
makes me discard a decklist :P ), but 2 is more twisty-logic, which is
fun.

please advise.

Ta

LSJ

Feb 27, 2009, 7:52:23 AM2/27/09
tbz_...@hotmail.com wrote:
> I was pondering creating an Aabbt / SoL deck.
>
> Clearly the Aabbt wouldn't contest with each other, and (I don't
> believe) an individual Aabbt wouldn't contest with an Aabt SoL Mummy,
> but would two Aabbt SoL mummies contest with each other?
>
> 1.) Yes, they are both now unique Mummy Allies named Aabbt Kindred,
> and therefore contest each other
> 2.) No, each mummy is a unique version of a non-unique vampire, and
> therefor don't contest, ie each Mummy is a unique non-unique minion.
>
> My gut feeling is 1 would be true, which makes me a sad panda (and
> makes me discard a decklist :P )

Correct.

Google: spell life aabbt author:LSJ

Jozxyqk

Feb 27, 2009, 8:15:03 AM2/27/09
tbz_...@hotmail.com wrote:
> I was pondering creating an Aabbt / SoL deck.

I think the trick you want is for the Aabbt to bring Nefertiti into
play as a mummy. Since SoL makes her keep her name, she allows the
Aabbt to take (D) actions.
Slow, but cheap.

tbz_...@hotmail.com

Feb 27, 2009, 8:45:54 AM2/27/09
On Feb 27, 12:52 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:

Ach, well.

I tried aabbt spell of life, but got nothing useful. My google-fu is
weak today :(

(plus I wouldn't ask without at least trying to look for a precedent
first - I know how much of your time is repeating answers over and
over. You have a good deal more patience than I.)

(sadly discarding SoL /Obf Master/ Mesu Bedshet deck)

nac.s...@gmail.com

Feb 27, 2009, 10:46:20 AM2/27/09

Perhaps you could still build it; Influencing the aabbt and bringing
the rest of the crypt, non-aabbt big vampires, via SoL. That
"Neffertiti-as-mummy" angle is interesting.