Ally Questions That Just Came Up

Robert Scythe

Dec 29, 2008, 2:34:10 AM12/29/08
1. Can an ally in the uncontrolled region block?

2. Can Resurrection be used on a wraith created by Khazar's Diary if
the wraith card was an ally card? If so, would it come back as a
wraith or the ally card?

Salem

Dec 29, 2008, 2:50:55 AM12/29/08
Robert Scythe wrote:
> 1. Can an ally in the uncontrolled region block?

Nope. It's not ready.

6. Minion Phase
Other Methuselah's ready untapped minions may attempt to block your
action...

> 2. Can Resurrection be used on a wraith created by Khazar's Diary if
> the wraith card was an ally card? If so, would it come back as a
> wraith or the ally card?

Nope.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/0baaba8e22cb393b

LSJ: "The ally in the ash heap is not the one that was burned. The
wraith with +1 stealth was the ally that was burned. "

found searching google groups for "compel the spirit author:lsj"

i didn't even have to bother restricting the search to the r.g.t-c.j group.

--
salem
(replace 'hotmail' with 'gmail' to email)

Robert Scythe

Dec 29, 2008, 3:17:19 AM12/29/08
On Dec 28, 11:50 pm, Salem <kella...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Robert Scythe wrote:
> > 1. Can an ally in the uncontrolled region block?
>
> Nope. It's not ready.

Whoops, wrong question. The question was supposed to be about if the
ally was in the uncontrolled region before your turn, will it be able
to act on your turn?

Thanks for the other referrence.

zora...@gmail.com

Dec 29, 2008, 6:10:18 AM12/29/08
On 29 dec, 09:17, Robert Scythe <tbel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Whoops, wrong question. The question was supposed to be about if the
> ally was in the uncontrolled region before your turn, will it be able
> to act on your turn?

You mean, will he become ready at the end of opponent's turn, or does
the 'go from uncontrolled to ready' thing only happen during your own
turn? Good one. The rulebook only says 'at the end of the turn', where
'the turn' = the turn the recruit action took place.

LSJ?

Salem

Dec 29, 2008, 6:21:41 AM12/29/08

....?

Only ready untapped minions can act.

Exceptions are only made by explicit rules or text (see: the rulebook
section on torpor, or cards playable by vamps in torpor).

Oh wait, unless you mean:

Someone with enkil cog (etc) recruits an ally during the predator's (or
anyone else's) turn.

6.1.5 of the rulebooks says:
"At the end of the turn, any allies that were placed in your
uncontrolled region (to indicate that they cannot act) are moved to your
ready region."

end of _the_ turn, not end of _your_ turn. So at the end of your
predator's (or whoever's) turn, the ally gets moved to the ready region.

and then ready untapped minions may act during your minion phase. which
will be that ally, barring anything else weird.

ooooh! Baali getting a free turn out of Herald of Topheth!

anyone got any Enkil's to trade?

Robert Scythe

Dec 29, 2008, 6:37:30 AM12/29/08
On Dec 29, 3:21 am, Salem <kella...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Oh wait, unless you mean:
>
> Someone with enkil cog (etc) recruits an ally during the predator's (or
> anyone else's) turn.
>
> 6.1.5 of the rulebooks says:
> "At the end of the turn, any allies that were placed in your
> uncontrolled region (to indicate that they cannot act) are moved to your
> ready region."

There was different wording in the older rulebook I had, so it seems
they will be ready, however there are other means (besides recruiting)
for an ally to find itself in the uncontrolled (mainly Heaven's Gate)
before your turn. Will they be ready?

LSJ

Dec 29, 2008, 7:18:15 AM12/29/08

At the end of the turn, yeah.

Malone

Dec 29, 2008, 9:51:08 AM12/29/08

Is the placing of newly-recruited allies in the uncontrolled region
merely a reminder that they can't act, or are they indeed not ready,
or is it more than just a reminder but less than being unready...?

1) The Madness Network is in play. A plays Frontal Assault, beats
B's minions around as best she can, and B's surviving Zebulon recruits
the Muddled Vampire Hunter in A's minion phase, which then ends. Does
A pay Frontal pool for Muddles?

2) B controls Basilia who has Feral Spirit and the Enkil Cog. During
A's turn, Basilia recruits High Top. B decides to act one more time,
and her Frederick the Weak plays Kindred Segregation. Can High Top
attempt to block?

LSJ

Dec 29, 2008, 10:07:35 AM12/29/08
Malone wrote:
> Is the placing of newly-recruited allies in the uncontrolled region
> merely a reminder that they can't act, or are they indeed not ready,
> or is it more than just a reminder but less than being unready...?

Both. The uncontrolled region is not part of the ready region, so a minion there
is not "ready".

> 1) The Madness Network is in play. A plays Frontal Assault, beats
> B's minions around as best she can, and B's surviving Zebulon recruits
> the Muddled Vampire Hunter in A's minion phase, which then ends. Does
> A pay Frontal pool for Muddles?

He's not ready, no.

> 2) B controls Basilia who has Feral Spirit and the Enkil Cog. During
> A's turn, Basilia recruits High Top. B decides to act one more time,
> and her Frederick the Weak plays Kindred Segregation. Can High Top
> attempt to block?

He's not ready, no.