(LSJ) Pocket Out of Time

JH

Mar 1, 2010, 3:04:09 PM3/1/10
Can an acting vampire play Pocket Out of Time at superior Temporis
right after a combat has ended and burn 1 blood immediately to start a
new combat?

Brum

Mar 1, 2010, 4:25:59 PM3/1/10

I would say no.

The action has resolved (the resulting combat has ended).
End of action - no more action modifiers, unless they specify that
they can be used after combat or at the end of an action, like Freak
Drive.

But always remember my inicials are TNGB, not LSJ.

LSJ

Mar 1, 2010, 4:56:22 PM3/1/10

Yes, I'd say that its text indicates post-resolution ability.

John Flournoy

Mar 1, 2010, 5:43:54 PM3/1/10

But can it be played (not activated, but played) in the post-combat-
yet-before-the-action-is-over window, and then restart the combat that
has just completed (even though Pocket wasn't affecting play when that
combat happened)?

LSJ

Mar 2, 2010, 8:14:59 AM3/2/10

After any combat this action, this vampire can burn 1 blood to start a
new combat with the opposing minion (if both combatants are still
ready).

Rehlow

Mar 2, 2010, 11:22:48 AM3/2/10

I have a follow-up question about the word "any" on this card. Does it
read the same as "After each combat this action, this vampire can burn
1 blood ..." or "After any one combat this action, this vampire can
burn 1 blood ..."?

Thanks,
~Rehlow

LSJ

Mar 2, 2010, 12:23:00 PM3/2/10
On Mar 2, 11:22 am, Rehlow <newsgr...@rehlow.com> wrote:
> > After any combat this action, this vampire can burn 1 blood to start a
> > new combat with the opposing minion (if both combatants are still
> > ready).
>
> I have a follow-up question about the word "any" on [Pocket out of Time]. Does it

> read the same as "After each combat this action, this vampire can burn
> 1 blood ..."

Yes. (cf. Antara, etc.)

Brum

Mar 2, 2010, 2:49:28 PM3/2/10

See??? I was right. My initials are not LSJ.

Nikolaj "Lord of the Betrayers" Wendt

Mar 23, 2010, 11:20:19 AM3/23/10
On Mar 2, 6:23 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> On Mar 2, 11:22 am, Rehlow <newsgr...@rehlow.com> wrote:
>
> > > After any combat this action, this vampire can burn 1 blood to start a
> > > new combat with the opposing minion (if both combatants are still
> > > ready).
>
> > I have a follow-up question about the word "any" on [PocketoutofTime]. Does it

> > read the same as "After each combat this action, this vampire can burn
> > 1 blood ..."
>
> Yes. (cf. Antara, etc.)

Sorry for reviving this, but just need to be sure that this also goes
for any combats resulting from burning the blood for Pocket out of
time. I assume it must be, since those combats are still part of the
action.

Maybe better explained with an example.
Shalmath has an assault riffle, he plays bums rush and rushes vampire
A, Shalmath plays no cards, vampire A plays majesty and ends combat,
Shalmath burns a blood and starts a new combat, no cards are played
and shalmath shoots once, combat ends, Shalmath burns a blood and
starts a new combat, no cards are played and shalmath shoots once,
combat ends, Shalmath burns a blood and starts a new combat, no cards
are played and shalmath shoots once, rinse, repeat

LSJ

Mar 23, 2010, 11:22:18 AM3/23/10
On Mar 23, 11:20 am, "Nikolaj \"Lord of the Betrayers\" Wendt"

<nikolajwe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > I have a follow-up question about the word "any" on [PocketoutofTime]. Does it
> > > read the same as "After each combat this action, this vampire can burn
> > > 1 blood ..."
>
> > Yes. (cf. Antara, etc.)
>
> Sorry for reviving this, but just need to be sure that this also goes
> for any combats resulting from burning the blood for Pocket out of
> time. I assume it must be, since those combats are still part of the
> action.

Indeed.

> Maybe better explained with an example.
> Shalmath has an assault riffle, he plays bums rush and rushes vampire
> A, Shalmath plays no cards, vampire A plays majesty and ends combat,
> Shalmath burns a blood and starts a new combat, no cards are played
> and shalmath shoots once, combat ends, Shalmath burns a blood and
> starts a new combat,  no cards are played and shalmath shoots once,
> combat ends, Shalmath burns a blood and starts a new combat,  no cards
> are played and shalmath shoots once, rinse, repeat

That works.

floppyzedolfin

Mar 23, 2010, 5:58:35 PM3/23/10
On 23 mar, 16:22, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> On Mar 23, 11:20 am, "Nikolaj \"Lord of the Betrayers\" Wendt"
> > Maybe better explained with an example.
> > Shalmath has an assault riffle, he plays bums rush and rushes vampire
> > A, Shalmath plays no cards, vampire A plays majesty and ends combat,
> > Shalmath burns a blood and starts a new combat, no cards are played
> > and shalmath shoots once, combat ends, Shalmath burns a blood and
> > starts a new combat,  no cards are played and shalmath shoots once,
> > combat ends, Shalmath burns a blood and starts a new combat,  no cards
> > are played and shalmath shoots once, rinse, repeat
>
> That works.

Well, I guess it requires a Pocket Out of Time to be played at some
point during the action, otherwise it'd be cheating, right :-P ?