{LSJ} What exactly is a card played on your vampire?

1 view

Bram Vink

May 11, 2007, 6:34:03 AM5/11/07
Concerning Shadow of Taint, I couldn't find any relevant search
results:

The following scenario:
Anson, controlled by methuselah Anthony, equips with a .44 magnum.
Methuselah Bram gains control of Anson.
Can Bram's Saulot now play shadow of taint, moving the .44?
(I would guess not, but if so, onto who? I assume, a vampire
controlled by Anthony, who could equip with the .44)

Similarily, but Anson gets this .44 by virtue of a Pier 13?

Similarily, but Anson recruits a retainer?

Similarily, a derange that methuselah Cameron played, moved onto a
vampire controlled by Bram, which Bram then moved onto Anthony's Anson
before gaining control of it?

Similarily, a derange that Bram played, moved onto a vampire (not
Anson) controlled by Anthony, which Anthony then moved onto his Anson
before Bram gained control of it?

Thanks,
Bram

LSJ

May 11, 2007, 6:50:33 AM5/11/07
Bram Vink wrote:
> Concerning Shadow of Taint, I couldn't find any relevant search
> results:
>
> The following scenario:
> Anson, controlled by methuselah Anthony, equips with a .44 magnum.
> Methuselah Bram gains control of Anson.
> Can Bram's Saulot now play shadow of taint, moving the .44?

Yes. The .44 was played by Anthony. It is on a vampire in Bram's ready region.

> (I would guess not, but if so, onto who? I assume, a vampire
> controlled by Anthony, who could equip with the .44)

It could be moved to any ready minion (unless that minion is incapable of
holding it, like Beast).

> Similarily, but Anson gets this .44 by virtue of a Pier 13?

Ah. That's too much bookkeeping, so you don't have to remember whether a given
card in play was "played in the normal fashion." It just has to have been put
into play (bookkeeping of a similar span, but much easier to remember, since
it's obvious).

> Similarily, but Anson recruits a retainer?

Similar.

> Similarily, a derange that methuselah Cameron played, moved onto a
> vampire controlled by Bram, which Bram then moved onto Anthony's Anson
> before gaining control of it?

Cameron played it. So any non-Cameron Methuselah may move it from a vampire he
(non-Cameron) controls.

> Similarily, a derange that Bram played, moved onto a vampire (not
> Anson) controlled by Anthony, which Anthony then moved onto his Anson
> before Bram gained control of it?

See Derange above. Substitute Bram for Cameron.

Bram Vink

May 11, 2007, 7:34:56 AM5/11/07

Ok, clear. Thanks.
How about, say, in the above example, instead of a .44, Anson has a
Legendary Vampire.
Saulot would like to move it to Dimple, who's also controlled by Bram.

Possible?

Thanks,
Bram

LSJ

May 11, 2007, 7:49:53 AM5/11/07

Not unless Dimple has quite a few Discipline cards (or other capacity-increaing
effects). Legendary Vampire cannot be played on vampire of 2 capacity.

I guess I should also mention that Shadow of Taint cannot move Derange to a
Malkavian nor to a Malkavian antitribu.

Bram Vink

May 11, 2007, 9:53:29 AM5/11/07

How about moving the legendary vampire from Anson, who has been in
play for several turns, to Bram's Saulot, who only moved into the
ready region last turn?

Apologies,
Bram

LSJ

May 11, 2007, 12:19:00 PM5/11/07
Bram Vink wrote:
> How about moving the legendary vampire from Anson, who has been in
> play for several turns, to Bram's Saulot, who only moved into the
> ready region last turn?

Yes, Legendary Vampire could be played on Saulot.