questions about Codex of the Edenic Groundskeepers

Dasein

Dec 7, 2009, 12:53:11 AM12/7/09
I have some questions around Codex of the Edenic Groundskeepers.

Say my prey has no ready untapped minions. I use the Codex to bleed at
-2 stealth for 1 blood (currently getting +3 bleed from Codex’s card
text). My prey plays a wake and deflection with a vampire, sending the
bleed for 4 to my grandprey (who has one or more ready untapped
minions). I’m guessing the bleed now becomes a bleed for 1 at -2
stealth?

Say my prey has one ready untapped minion. I use the Codex again to
bleed, this time at -2 stealth and for 1 bleed. My prey blocks (their
minion taps). I play form of mist at superior to end combat and
continue the action. I’m guess it now becomes a bleed for 4 at -1
stealth? i.e. the Codex checks the minions of the target methuselah at
both action announce and action resolution?

card text:
Codex of the Edenic Groundskeepers
Cost: 1 pool (waived in the storyline)
Unique equipment. This minion gets -2 stealth when bleeding. This
minion may bleed as a (D) action that costs 1 blood; this action gets
+3 bleed if the target Methuselah doesn’t control a ready untapped
minion.

floppyzedolfin

Dec 7, 2009, 3:11:47 AM12/7/09
On Dec 7, 6:53 am, Dasein <dasein2...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I have some questions around Codex of the Edenic Groundskeepers.
>
> Say my prey has no ready untapped minions. I use the Codex to bleed at
> -2 stealth for 1 blood (currently getting +3 bleed from Codex’s card
> text). My prey plays a wake and deflection with a vampire, sending the
> bleed for 4 to my grandprey (who has one or more ready untapped
> minions). I’m guessing the bleed now becomes a bleed for 1 at -2
> stealth?

Yes. See
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/a2c223f0ecc1f194
for similar effect. (Foreshadowing Destruction bleed deflected).

> Say my prey has one ready untapped minion. I use the Codex again to
> bleed, this time at -2 stealth and for 1 bleed. My prey blocks (their
> minion taps). I play form of mist at superior to end combat and
> continue the action. I’m guess it now becomes a bleed for 4 at -1
> stealth? i.e. the Codex checks the minions of the target methuselah at
> both action announce and action resolution?

I guess it "constantly" checks (matters for Archon Investigation, for
instance).

Salem

Dec 8, 2009, 7:49:20 AM12/8/09
floppyzedolfin wrote:
> On Dec 7, 6:53 am, Dasein <dasein2...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> I have some questions around Codex of the Edenic Groundskeepers.

me too.

if i tap the last minion of the methuselah i am bleeding with a faceless
night, is that soon enough to gain the +3 bleed on that action?

>> card text:
>> Codex of the Edenic Groundskeepers
>> Cost: 1 pool (waived in the storyline)
>> Unique equipment. This minion gets -2 stealth when bleeding. This
>> minion may bleed as a (D) action that costs 1 blood; this action gets

>> +3 bleed if the target Methuselah doesn�t control a ready untapped
>> minion.

Faceless Night
Type: Action Modifier
Requires: Obfuscate
[obf] +1 stealth.
[OBF] +1 stealth, and any minion who attempts to block this action and
fails becomes tapped when the action is resolved (before resolving the
action).

--
salem
(replace 'hotmail' with 'gmail' to email)

LSJ

Dec 8, 2009, 8:18:11 AM12/8/09

Card text: "before resolving the action".