Karen Suadela questions (LSJ)

Stone

Jan 21, 2010, 5:18:02 AM1/21/10
The following questions involve Karen Suadela and assume she is a Prince,
except on question 5/.

1/ If Karen Suadela is in torpor and still a Prince, does her controller
need to burn 1 pool during the discard phase if Dragonbound is in play ? I
guess yes, she is immune to Gehenna but her controller isn't (or something
like that).

2/ Can Karen Suadela be chosen for blood transfer via Blood Trade ? If yes,
would the blood effectively move ?

3/ Would her controller have to reveal the first discipline-requiring card
played with Veil of Darkness in play ? (I guess not, just checking..)

4/ Can she call the referendum to burn the New Inquisition ?

5/ With Blood Weakens in play, I guess she just replaces the card requiring
disciplines she plays. Now if she commits diablerie and later on loses her
Prince title (with no other Gehenna played), is she still immune to BW ? I
guess not, she should also be "immune" to the immunity-granted-by-diablerie
effect whilst still being a Prince. The same question could apply to Slow
Withering and the answer should be the same.

6/ Fueled by Heart's Blood is in play and has less counters than Karen's
capacity. If she diablerizes a younger vampire, is a blood hunt called ?

7/ Restricted Vitae is in play. Obviously, Karen is still allowed to hunt as
normal. Can she perform the alternate hunt action (should be "no") ? Can she
still be chosen by another vampire for the alternate hunt action (should be
yes, by analogy with the Recalled to the Founder case) ? If the answer is
yes, she wouldn't lose any blood and the hunting vampire wouldn't gain any
blood ?

8/ Nightmares upon Nightmares
She is obviously immune to the "tap that vampire" effect, but is her
controller still allowed to burn a card from his hand (cycling purpose) ?

9/ Conquest of Humanity vs locations on Karen (Palatial Estate etc.). Those
locations are affected as normal by the event, right ?

10/ Break the Code : she cannot enter combat with an Imbued using BtC ?
most card texts included below.
thanks

Stone

Name: Dragonbound
[Gehenna:R, LotN:PA]
Cardtype: Event
Gehenna. Do not replace as long as this card is in play.
During each Methuselah's discard phase, he or she burns X pool, where X is
the number of vampires in torpor he or she controls.
Artist: Richard Thomas

Name: Karen Suadela
[KoT:V]
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Brujah
Group: 5
Capacity: 7
Discipline: obf pre CEL POT
Camarilla Prince of Houston: Gehenna cards do not affect Karen while she is
a prince. She gets +1 stealth on undirected actions.
Artist: Heather Kreiter

Name: Blood Trade
[Gehenna:R]
Cardtype: Event
Gehenna.
Burn all boons in play. No more boons may be put in play. During each
Methuselah's untap phase, that Methuselah may move a blood from a vampire he
or she controls to a vampire controlled by another Methuselah.
Artist: Steve Ellis

Name: Blood Weakens
[Gehenna:R, KoT:R]
Cardtype: Event
Gehenna. Do not replace until a vampire commits diablerie.
Cards minions play that require any Disciplines are not replaced until the
end of the current action or until any Methuselah's hand is empty (whichever
comes first). Any vampire who commits diablerie is immune to this effect
until the next Gehenna card is played.
Artist: Jeff Holt

Name: Fueled by Heart's Blood
[Gehenna:R]
Cardtype: Event
Gehenna. Do not replace until a vampire commits diablerie.
Put 10 counters on this card. Remove one counter each time another Gehenna
card is put in play. A blood hunt cannot be called on a vampire whose
capacity is greater than the number of counters on this card when he or she
diablerizes a younger vampire.
Artist: Randy Asplund

Name: Restricted Vitae
[Gehenna:R, KMW:PAn]
Cardtype: Event
Gehenna. Do not replace until a vampire successfully hunts.
Vampires cannot hunt unless forced to hunt. A vampire who must hunt may hunt
by stealing a blood from a younger vampire as a (D) action instead of
performing the usual hunt action.
Artist: Brian LeBlanc

Name: Nightmares upon Nightmares
[Gehenna:R]
Cardtype: Event
Gehenna. Do not replace until your next discard phase.
For each minion a Methuselah controls during his or her untap phase, the
Methuselah must burn a card from his or her hand or tap that minion. Cards
burned in this way are not replaced until the master phase. Vampires with
capacity greater than the number of Gehenna cards in play and mortal allies
are not affected by this card.
Artist: Mark Nelson

Name: Conquest of Humanity
[Gehenna:R]
Cardtype: Event
Gehenna. Do not replace until your next discard phase.
Requires at least two other Gehenna cards in play. During each Methuselah's
untap phase, he or she may choose a location controlled by his or her prey.
The chosen location is burned unless its controller burns 2 pool.
Artist: Joel Biske

Name: Break the Code
[NoR:R]
Cardtype: Event
Gehenna.
Imbued get -1 intercept when attempting to block monsters. A ready monster
can enter combat with an imbued as a (D) action.
Artist: Veronica Jones

LSJ

Jan 21, 2010, 8:21:43 AM1/21/10
to vtes-...@yahoogroups.com
On Jan 21, 5:18 am, "Stone" <mc_judge_st...@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> The following questions involve Karen Suadela and assume she is a Prince,
> except on question 5/.
>
> 1/ If Karen Suadela is in torpor and still a Prince, does her controller
> need to burn 1 pool during the discard phase if Dragonbound is in play ? I
> guess yes, she is immune to Gehenna but her controller isn't (or something
> like that).

Correct. Dragonbound doesn't affect any minion, so being immune to it
is superfluous for minions. Suadela's controller burns a pool for her
being in torpor, as usual.

> 2/ Can Karen Suadela be chosen for blood transfer via Blood Trade ? If yes,
> would the blood effectively move ?

Blood Trade cannot move blood from her.
Blood moved to her would go to the bank instead.

> 3/ Would her controller have to reveal the first discipline-requiring card
> played with Veil of Darkness in play ? (I guess not, just checking..)

Correct. She'd be immune to the consequences of revealing a master
card in any event, so it seems more logical to be immune to revealing
the card at all.

> 4/ Can she call the referendum to burn the New Inquisition ?

No.

> 5/ With Blood Weakens in play, I guess she just replaces the card requiring
> disciplines she plays.

Correct.

> Now if she commits diablerie and later on loses her
> Prince title (with no other Gehenna played), is she still immune to BW ? I
> guess not, she should also be "immune" to the immunity-granted-by-diablerie
> effect whilst still being a Prince.

Correct.

> The same question could apply to Slow
> Withering and the answer should be the same.

Correct.

> 6/ Fueled by Heart's Blood is in play and has less counters than Karen's
> capacity. If she diablerizes a younger vampire, is a blood hunt called ?

Yes.

> 7/ Restricted Vitae is in play. Obviously, Karen is still allowed to hunt as
> normal. Can she perform the alternate hunt action (should be "no") ?

Correct.

> Can she
> still be chosen by another vampire for the alternate hunt action (should be
> yes, by analogy with the Recalled to the Founder case) ? If the answer is
> yes, she wouldn't lose any blood and the hunting vampire wouldn't gain any
> blood ?

Correct.

> 8/ Nightmares upon Nightmares
> She is obviously immune to the "tap that vampire" effect, but is her
> controller still allowed to burn a card from his hand (cycling purpose) ?

Yes, similar to the Recalled to the Founder case cited in 7/ (and
parallel to the Dragonbound example in 1/.