Q: Sound of a Breaking Oath

Sten During

Feb 5, 2008, 12:27:59 PM2/5/08
Who is the (temporary) controller of the minion when effect kicks
in?
Does it differ between aus/dom and AUS/DOM?

Thinking of some Tension in the Ranks fun here to punish the would
be thief :D

Sten During

John P.

Feb 5, 2008, 12:53:12 PM2/5/08
On Feb 5, 11:27 am, Sten During <ya...@netg.se> wrote:
> Who is the (temporary) controller of the minion when effect kicks
> in?
> Does it differ between aus/dom and AUS/DOM?
>
> Thinking of some Tension in the Ranks fun here to punish the would
> be thief :D
>
> Sten During

If the released card text is correct control never changes.
"If an action to steal the minion with this card is
successful, this minion is burned instead "

The action is successful, but instead of control
changing, the minion is burned.

So you would take the tension dammage.

-John P.
Winnipeg

Sten During

Feb 5, 2008, 1:27:36 PM2/5/08

Well, the funny thing here, ESPECIALLY with AUS/DOM is that 6.2.3
in the rulesbook has to be followed PRIOR to my playing this card.
So, you pay the cost (if any) for stealing my minion and resolve
the minion-stealing effect BEFORE I am even allowed to play this
card at AUS/DOM.
It might even be that the minion is temporarily uncontrolled (your
action is successful and I am thus no longer in control of the
minion, which allows me to play the reaction-card in some peculiar
timing window before you gain control of the minion).

Anyway, as you are the acting Meth you would be allowed to play
a hypothetical action modifier that forces me to tap-dance if you
successfully gain control of one of my minions BEFORE I am allowed
to respond with the AUS/DOM effect, because the AUS/DOM effect is
neither "played as card is played" nor a Reflex type of card.

Or, that is at least how I interpret the rules.

I'm quite interested in a definite answer :D

LSJ

Feb 5, 2008, 2:33:38 PM2/5/08

Control doesn't change. Card text: "instead".