(LSJ) Clio's Kiss vs Spell of Life

floppyzedolfin

Jul 22, 2009, 7:15:29 PM7/22/09
Hello,

a - Suppose me and my prey are contesting a mummy brought to play via
Spell of Life. Can I play Clio's Kiss on my prey's vampire-card-
representing-an-ally ? I think I can't

b - Suppose I controlled a vampire, and my prey brought mummy of that
vampire in play via Spell of Life. Can I play Clio's Kiss on my prey's
vampire card representing an ally ? I think I can't.

c - Suppose I control a mummy brought in play via Spell of Life, and
my prey influences out the vampire with the mummy's name. Can I play
Clio's Kiss on my prey's vampire card contesting my mummy ?

Thanks.

~~

Clio's Kiss
Cardtype: Action
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Temporis/Dominate
+1 stealth action.
[dom] (D) Burn 1 pool from a Methuselah who is contesting a card with
you.
[tem] Exchange any card in your hand for any non-master, non-unique
library card in your ash heap.
[TEM] (D) Choose a vampire card another Methuselah is contesting with
you. That Methuselah yields that copy. If there are no other
Methuselahs contesting the vampire, place your copy of the vampire
face up in your controlled region, untapped.

Spell of Life
Cardtype: Action
Clan: Follower of Set
+1 stealth action.
Put this card in play. Only one Spell of Life may be played each turn.
You may burn five Spells of Life to put up to five vampires from your
uncontrolled region in play. Each represents a unique mummy ally with
life equal to capacity, 1 bleed and 2 strength who can enter combat
with a minion as a (D) action.

LSJ

Jul 22, 2009, 8:15:19 PM7/22/09
floppyzedolfin wrote:
> a - Suppose me and my prey are contesting a mummy brought to play via
> Spell of Life. Can I play Clio's Kiss on my prey's vampire-card-
> representing-an-ally ? I think I can't

Correct.

> b - Suppose I controlled a vampire, and my prey brought mummy of that
> vampire in play via Spell of Life. Can I play Clio's Kiss on my prey's
> vampire card representing an ally ? I think I can't.

Correct.

> c - Suppose I control a mummy brought in play via Spell of Life, and
> my prey influences out the vampire with the mummy's name. Can I play
> Clio's Kiss on my prey's vampire card contesting my mummy ?

Yes. Your prey's copy is a vampire she is contesting with you.

> Clio's Kiss

floppyzedolfin

Jul 23, 2009, 2:49:52 AM7/23/09
On Jul 23, 2:15 am, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:

> floppyzedolfin wrote:
> > c - Suppose I control a mummy brought in play via Spell of Life, and
> > my prey influences out the vampire with the mummy's name. Can I play
> > Clio's Kiss on my prey's vampire card contesting my mummy ?
>
> Yes. Your prey's copy is a vampire she is contesting with you.

And, in the c - case, if there no other card contesting my mummy, my
copy of the contested card won't come back in play during the
resolution of the action, but it will come back during my next untap
phase (with a life amount equal to starting life). Is this correct ?

Extra question about Clio's Kiss superior:
Suppose I am contesting a Red List vampire with my prey. I play Clio's
Kiss on my prey's copy of the contested vampire. Does this action
count as "burning a Red List minion as a (D) action", for Trophies'
activation ?

LSJ

Jul 23, 2009, 6:50:33 AM7/23/09
floppyzedolfin wrote:
> On Jul 23, 2:15 am, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
>> floppyzedolfin wrote:
>>> c - Suppose I control a mummy brought in play via Spell of Life, and
>>> my prey influences out the vampire with the mummy's name. Can I play
>>> Clio's Kiss on my prey's vampire card contesting my mummy ?
>> Yes. Your prey's copy is a vampire she is contesting with you.
>
> And, in the c - case, if there no other card contesting my mummy, my
> copy of the contested card won't come back in play during the
> resolution of the action, but it will come back during my next untap
> phase (with a life amount equal to starting life). Is this correct ?

No. It comes back during your next untap phase, yes, but with whatever life it
had when the contest began. Winning a contest does not refill the minion. See
also contesting Ambrosius with 1 life.

> Extra question about Clio's Kiss superior:
> Suppose I am contesting a Red List vampire with my prey. I play Clio's
> Kiss on my prey's copy of the contested vampire. Does this action
> count as "burning a Red List minion as a (D) action", for Trophies'
> activation ?

Yes (at least, with the rule that yielded cards are burned :-).

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/1128fe9c4a656c16